Please let me opt out of 4v4

rmcsonics

I also dislike 4v4 pvp and am very bad at it, but some people lack patience and want ques to pop as fast as possible. It would be nice if there was that option, but there are many players who would complain about wait times so the option is not implemented. At least 4v4 do not last long, I just would like announcers not say anything at all when it is over to the losing side. The worst thing about a 4v4 is the chances of a pick up group against a pre-made group is increased.

Who knows maybe there should be a surrender option in which all members can vote to surrender or fight. Players votes would not be known to others and it would have to be everyone agreeing to surrender for it to happen and then the other side would be given the win. No penalty would be assessed to either side.

Of course some would disagree and just say fight and get better. I guess all four group members can just jump down and sit down and wait to be killed. I would only think that is a good choice if you are stuck repeatedly with 4v4 matches.

I agree with the OP. The only player effected by such an option would be the one who chooses to wait for an objective map. All others would pop at the same rate as if I wasn't in the que. With the lockout timer, and the lack of opting out of content not wanted, I am forced, forced mind you, to participate in crap content that isn't worth the short time it takes to play.

If 4x4 is really what the majority of PVP players want, the option button will prove that to be the case, as 4x4 would pop almost exclusively. But, if objective maps are really the high taste of the pvp scene, such will play out as the final truth. What does the pvp community have to lose by giving the objective vs 4x4 option button a try?

Hmm ?

:D

Edited by Squirlphinn

I agree with the OP. The only player effected by such an option would be the one who chooses to wait for an objective map.

:D

except, how long would it be before these people who have only objectives toggled would start flooding these forums with complaints that 'Pvp' isn't popping...

*I know, it's what they want, and what they choose....but we've seen it here loads. :D

except, how long would it be before these people who have only objectives toggled would start flooding these forums with complaints that 'Pvp' isn't popping...

*I know, it's what they want, and what they choose....but we've seen it here loads. :D

This. 4v4 pops as a measure to prevent you from waiting four or five hours for a PvP pop. And for the people who are saying they don’t mind waiting, not everyone has that luxury. Some people only have a limited time to play and they want to use it to do PvP. Splitting the queue like that would most likely kill regs. If you don’t believe me, look at solo ranked and how often that pops. Maybe you’ll get lucky a night or two, but overall that queue is a whole lot of waiting around.

Besides, arenas are quick. Even if you try to drag them out, there’s a sudden death condition that keeps them just under five minutes a round. So even if you lose, you can get right back to doing something else quickly.

Besides, arenas are quick. Even if you try to drag them out, there’s a sudden death condition that keeps them just under five minutes a round. So even if you lose, you can get right back to doing something else quickly.

It's the reason I prefer them :) The 8v8's can be more fun, when teams are balanced, and not DM's (or have cheaters) but unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of non objective play, so if people are going to be DM'ing, I'd rather it was arenas, so we could end it quickly :)

I leave arenas all the time and rather do something else for 15 mins, no big deal.

the arenas are quicker than a lockout, and if you do gs, a lose still ticks off the daily/weekly. But if you don't like them, I understand taking the 15 mins. An opt out/in system would be good for people who like the different options.

the arenas are quicker than a lockout, and if you do gs, a lose still ticks off the daily/weekly. But if you don't like them, I understand taking the 15 mins. An opt out/in system would be good for people who like the different options.

Of course an opt out button would be nice but here we talking about BW. They don't do nice things.

This whole arena mess is the perfect example what's wrong with the way BW do things.

OK. First we had WZs and HB. Than a small but extremely loud and pushy group of players kept asking for arenas.

We kept asking BW pls no arenas PvP is bad enough, so we got arenas. Now the people who hated arenas and asked BW pls no arenas kept leaving it. So the little vicus kids attacked the forum again. How dare you leave the arenas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????? You ruin my game, I ruin yours to but that's OK. BW do something and BW did something again. That's pretty much the trend on forums and social media sites. Guess we are lucky they don't call Us racist or begot for leaving arenas.

Of course an opt out button would be nice but here we talking about BW. They don't do nice things.

This whole arena mess is the perfect example what's wrong with the way BW do things.

the deserter debuff was an asinine attempt to keep players in WZs, but it's only asinine because of...

1. the prevalence of players who ignore objectives (very prevalent),
  2. prevalence of players who purposely lengthen matches to farm numbers (actually fewer of these in recent years),
  3. inability to choose maps/map modes (understandable to some degree but not with a blanket deserter debuff).
  4. games that are clearly lost continue for as much as twice as long to finally (unmercifully?) end (CW/Yavin/HB, VS depending on which team attacks first).

in sum, if you cannot select your teammates, maps, or modes of pvp, then locking players into matches is draconian.

also, there are very good reasons to leave matches before they start:

• some maps are hot garbage. every HB map is garbage.
  • despite the debuff, I see at least 2 ppl leave vandin in spawn before the match starts.
  • OPG will normally see players leave before the match begins.
  • Quesh is the worst map design in the game b/c the DMing takes place at the mid level where it usually has no effect at all on the victory conditions of the map (and there's a significant bug for JK/War leap on a vital area of the map). also notable for players leaving before the match
  • the Pit is absolutely broken by modern movement and immunity skills/abils, literally (desync) and figuratively b/c the obstacles are only about one 5th as effective as they were before the prevalence of such abilities granted to every class
  • premades in reg arenas are a significant problem in lowbies that is exacerbated by the ridiculous bracket mash. they only pop when the population is low. the 4m is always on the same team. so the team comps will be the same for as long as only arenas pop. i ran into this a day or two ago. a 4m grp from <kitten's empire> were steamrolling arenas. they did nothing wrong. but that situation is untenable. I was low 60s with teammates in the teens and 20s with an occasional 40-60. the premade knew how to play, so they'd have likely won against a pug of 60s-70s anyway, but it was absolutely galling after the third arena pop in a row against the same 4m. i assume this is what trixxie was always whining about. it is a real problem not sure what the solution is. i just stopped queuing for 30 mins or so.

FWIW, I actually love HB. but my favorite map (the pit) is ruined (see above), quesh is horrible, and vandin is actually ok if you can get enough players to play the objectives (unlike the pit, it's not a 1 or 2 player carry).

If I could opt out of 4v4 I would queue for PvP more often. If I get 4v4 I just throw my hands up and say "guess there's no PvP today" and wait to try another day. The fact we can't opt out of 4v4 probably overall reduces the number of people who queue for PvP. Not a good thing.

I feel like this should be easy to implement. Have a little checkbox at the bottom of the regs queue:

[ ] Arenas

[ ] Huttball

[ ] Node Capture

[ ] Voidstar

Then give extra rewards to people who have all of them checked (perhaps earn the weekly at 2x rate?, or get 2 for win 1 for loss if you have all checked?), kinda like they do with group finder. That way there should be a substantial population of floaters just filling in for whatever needs more people.

Do this so I can never again queue into your horribly incentivized 8v8s, where my team triple guards and lets the 3 other people get railed vs 8 in mid ad inifinitum. I'll either steamroll arenas and finish 3 weeklies a night, or actually get some semi decent ranked practice. Win-win. Also bonus points if you let us change tacticals and utilities in voidstar spawn. I've gone from loving that map to hating it for that reason alone. The number of times I get smacked cause my regs elo is high and I'm stuck with some idiotic utility setup...

I couldn't agree more. Arena is toxic central, especially if you're a dps sage/sorc. You get tunneled within the first 20 seconds, and then abuse hurled at you by your own team. When I started playing lightning i couldn't believe it. Every arena was just a miserable experience. So now I leave the match. Its better than being abused. But I get punished for it with lockout.

I agree they are quick, but they are usually toxic af too. I shouldn't be forced to suffer abuse from people on my own team just because i chose to bring a sorc/sage in. Its unnaceptable

I agree they are quick, but they are usually toxic af too. I shouldn't be forced to suffer abuse from people on my own team just because i chose to bring a sorc/sage in. Its unnaceptable

Are you talking about regs or ranked? NOBODY should be telling anyone what sort of class to play in regs. If you come across this, please report them for harassment. The sooner we get rid of people like that the better it will be for the game.

I would rather have 4v4 pop and take my chances with one or two players leaving than have nothing pop for me in the middle of the night.

get rid of the deserter debuff and problem solved. ;)

not that I see a reason to ever rage quit arenas. they're very quick. unless some stealth is going to gas in a 1v4. I have left a few of those. should I count those? I'm not counting those.

I would rather have 4v4 pop and take my chances with one or two players leaving than have nothing pop for me in the middle of the night.

get rid of the deserter debuff and problem solved. ;)

not that I see a reason to ever rage quit arenas. they're very quick. unless some stealth is going to gas in a 1v4. I have left a few of those. should I count those? I'm not counting those.

Dude you don't have chances in an Arena if 2 of your team mates leave.

Dude you don't have chances in an Arena if 2 of your team mates leave.

1. that's not true at all at 75, and was never true even when lowbies were more balanced

2. and this is really important, I didn't say two people on my team. there are 8 players required to pop the queue. dig?

edit: it's exceedingly easy to carry in arenas as opposed to 8v8.

Edited by CheesyEZ

edit: it's exceedingly easy to carry in arenas as opposed to 8v8.

Yeah, it is easier to carry in arena vs 8s as long as the other team is as bad as the rest of yours. You don’t have to worry about objectives or covering a huge map. So even if your guys all die, it’s usually a 1v2 at that point, which is possible to carry (as long as you aren’t sub 30 and they aren’t 60+)