The Problem with Master Mode Flashpoints via Group Finder in 7.0.

I regularly queue for master flashpoints but since 7.0 there's quite a few issues with them. Not issues with the flashpoints but issues with the people queing for them.

The first issue with them is the average group will be undergeared. The average group will have 2 320 item rated players or lower and if your lucky a 326 and a 327. It's not so bad if one of those 320 or lower is the tank because you can simply work harder as the healer but if both dps are 320 or lower then alot of bosses will simpy hit enrage. The amount of times flashpoint bosses are hitting enrage in 7.0 is incredibly high and this is because people are undergeared or worse under levelled. 4 327's would breeze through all master mode flashpoints but i've never had a group with 4 327's. I think the required gear for master mode flashpoints is probably 326. Maybe people are doing master flashpoints to get 326 gear but after nearly 6 months the people doing master flashpoints are usually undergeared. Many people have 330 gear now but your average master flashpoint group will not have anyone with 330 gear. The players with 330 gear are regular HM & NIM raiders, plus story players :rolleyes: The amount of players who currently have never done any story mode op but have done Nefra in Master mode is ridiculous. Raiders & story players aren't doing master mode flashpoints. They're farming tech fragments or Nefra.

Another issue is you can queue for master flashpoints at level 70. I can't remember in the previous expansion if you could queue for master flashpoints at level 70 but i remember in 5.0 only level 70's could queue for master flashpoints and if someone lower than 70 wanted to get in they had to walk in the flashpoint. The amount of players queing for master mode flashpoints who are below level 80 is extremely high. This week already I've done 6 master flashpoints with 1 player below level 80. There's lots of new players currently playing SWTOR which is great. These people queing for master flashpoints before they reach level 80 are usually new players. They're new to the game, often have joined a large conquest guild where there's 50 people online almost all the time but nobody ever talks in guild chat because they're also new and were spam invited. So these new players are queing for master flashpoints because nobody has told them they shouldn't be until they're actually inside one.

This is not a good experience for a new player or any of the other players who happen to be in the same group as them. Often the groups will fall apart and it could be after an hour of trying to get through a flashpoint. Often the lower level player will leave because they've gotten abuse in chat or another player will leave because there's a lower level player in the group. It's an absolute shambles.

Why can people queue for master flashpoints at level 70? Surely master flashpoints should have a level 80 requirement to queue. In 5.0 some of the later flashpoints that were added had a gear requirement to queue. I think a 326 gear requirement would be very helpful to everyone and the flashpoints would be fun again...instead of this current situation.

Edited by PLeahC

Not only are people undergeared, but they are also using 'combat styles' that they're not that familiar with. Some "Jedi" seem to be more concerned with looking like Sith and flinging lightning around, than playing well. 🙄

But on the other hand, I've completed some MM flashpoints with 1 other player and 2 companions*, so gearing isn't the only factor.

* post 7.0

Edited by JediQuaker

I too like to run FPs and queue for MM mode often. I would love to see more players interested so the wait time wouldn't be as much as it is now. And I have been frustrated when it finally pops and I see characters less than lvl 80 and/or low gearing (lvl 80 with 320, especially when the tank).

I am not sure 326 as a requirement makes sense as VM only provides 324 max on non-accessory slots and is the logical prerequisite to MM (as opposed to making players fully progress through conquest gearing or pvp first to 326).

Seemingly the only thing that would drive more players (and more qualified players) to MM would be increase the rewards. Maybe more unique drops (decos, speeders, cosmetic gear, etc) would help but raising the amount of tech frags would help drive more players to this content. Tech frags are the #1 sought after currency right now and SM ops gets you 2K.

I too like to run FPs and queue for MM mode often. I would love to see more players interested so the wait time wouldn't be as much as it is now. And I have been frustrated when it finally pops and I see characters less than lvl 80 and/or low gearing (lvl 80 with 320, especially when the tank).

I am not sure 326 as a requirement makes sense as VM only provides 324 max on non-accessory slots and is the logical prerequisite to MM (as opposed to making players fully progress through conquest gearing or pvp first to 326).

Seemingly the only thing that would drive more players (and more qualified players) to MM would be increase the rewards. Maybe more unique drops (decos, speeders, cosmetic gear, etc) would help but raising the amount of tech frags would help drive more players to this content. Tech frags are the #1 sought after currency right now and SM ops gets you 2K.

Yeah they need to increase the rewards. I've kinda stopped queueing for them after reaching 326. Nefra being the only sensible way to get purple upgrades makes MM fps irrelevant at this point. A simple fix is just to change the gearing so that vet fps drop blues and MMs drop purple, just like operations do. Or/And they need to drop more tech frags.

Yeah they need to increase the rewards. I've kinda stopped queueing for them after reaching 326. Nefra being the only sensible way to get purple upgrades makes MM fps irrelevant at this point. A simple fix is just to change the gearing so that vet fps drop blues and MMs drop purple, just like operations do. Or/And they need to drop more tech frags.

After thinking about this some more and to promote a moderate change to gear rewards, I would like to see MMFPs drop Rakata accessories. Just like the way you can get Supreme Decurion accessories from VMFPs, and Rakata accessories from VM Ops, adding them to MMFPs and increasing tech frags would likely make the content more compelling.

After thinking about this some more and to promote a moderate change to gear rewards, I would like to see MMFPs drop Rakata accessories. Just like the way you can get Supreme Decurion accessories from VMFPs, and Rakata accessories from VM Ops, adding them to MMFPs and increasing tech frags would likely make the content more compelling.

NIM Flashpoints that drop Purple gear would be awesome. I would que that stuff all day. Right now I get either mindlessly easy flashpoints like hammer station or black talon or I get more difficult ones but under geared players.