Why should Every quest be a struggle?

Bigbrad

I am no one special, Just a subscriber who has been playing off and on since launch.

For the life of me i cannot understand the thoughts implemented in the questing flow? Do you think most people want to struggle to survive every quest? spend 20 minutes on each quest? Do you not know most pick a stealth class to bypass the 90 mobs you put in the quest area just to not fight them? i spent 1 hr just to do a heroic and the health and damage was so off that the previous heroic appeared to be 20 levels lower do to balance issues.

Bioware is in the business to make money surely they must care? i play this game for the story, which is great but the Balance and mechanics are terrible.

as i said i am just a subscriber, and will probably be ignored but if Bioware wants my money they will fix the Balancing issue and leave the hard content for flashpoints and ops.

I am no one special, Just a subscriber who has been playing off and on since launch.

For the life of me i cannot understand the thoughts implemented in the questing flow? Do you think most people want to struggle to survive every quest? spend 20 minutes on each quest? Do you not know most pick a stealth class to bypass the 90 mobs you put in the quest area just to not fight them? i spent 1 hr just to do a heroic and the health and damage was so off that the previous heroic appeared to be 20 levels lower do to balance issues.

Bioware is in the business to make money surely they must care? i play this game for the story, which is great but the Balance and mechanics are terrible.

as i said i am just a subscriber, and will probably be ignored but if Bioware wants my money they will fix the Balancing issue and leave the hard content for flashpoints and ops.

If you're dying to quest mobs that's 100% a learn to play your class issue.

I've done all the planetary quests in this game, just a few of them are actually a challenge.

Let me ask you with all due respect, are you using all your class abilities? Do you click or press keybinds? Do you use more than two skillbars? Have you ever pressed P to read all your abilities? Have you pressed K and read your skill tree and talents?

If you're dying to quest mobs that's 100% a learn to play your class issue.

I've done all the planetary quests in this game, just a few of them are actually a challenge.

Let me ask you with all due respect, are you using all your class abilities? Do you click or press keybinds? Do you use more than two skillbars? Have you ever pressed P to read all your abilities? Have you pressed K and read your skill tree and talents?

I think both sides of this question have valid points.

"Learn to play your character" is always good advice, however, it doesn't take into account (1) that some/many of us have alt-iteis and, as should seem obvious, cannot learn to play all classes and all specs at an equal level of expertise -- particularly (2) if we are grownups with real lives and jobs and only get to play a night or two a week. Should the game be less enjoyable for those who fall into that category?

"Are you using a healer companion" doesn't really help when the characters one knows how to play the best ARE healers. Yes, observation shows that companions do the healer role better than they do the DPS or tank role. But that is of no help when one's skills are as a healer and one is doing the Heroic or Flashpoint solo. Yes, one can switch specs or switch to an alt, but the point I'm making is: if the character I know best is a healer, then I am at a distinct disadvantage in some Heroics/FPs.

As to the original point that there are very unbalanced Flash Points and Heroics, no one who has played the game for several years should deny that ,yes, the recent rebalancing left some of those very unbalanced. One shouldn't, perhaps, say that they are ALL unbalanced, but some are so much so that my usual play group avoids them when we are solo, although we will tackle them as a group. Compare, for instance, two Heroics 2+ on Nar Shaddaa: "Building a Better Beast" and "Lab Animals". The former my Counselor sage can solo, with a companion and judicious use of abilities to control the pulls, with no problem; the latter is suicide unless I'm on a stealth character. Is the difference the size of the mob groups? They're about the same numerically. So it's probably a combination of their stunnability and the sheer amount of DPS the mobs put out. As it's not easy to get a parse of the fights, I can't only guess what makes the one so much more difficult than the other. But the fact remains that those two Heroic+2s are not equivalent in difficulty. One can make similar comparisons about various Chapters and Flashpoints. (E.g., "Taral V"'s bonus boss is so difficult that my play group skips him religiously, although we happily tackle the bonus bosses in other Flashpoints.) There is an uneven style to the balancing in this game, as though it was totally up to the individual scenario designer rather than an overall design recommendation presented in the SWTOR designer's "bible" (which, frankly, I don't believe exists, judging by the uneven implementation of mechanics throughout the game. And THAT is, in my belief, the biggest lack in this game. No "bible" for developers, designers, and world builders.)(I'd love for one of those people to tell me differently, but then I'd expect a bit more consistency in mechanics. There's not even any consistency, for instance, in when you loot individually and when loot is auto-distributed. <sigh>)

Edited by Jannisett

Perhaps i should clarify.

Because of Level sync regardless of gear progression, Every single quest outside of the starter zones are a chore.

Who wants to spend 30 minutes or 30 seconds a mob to clear an area for a quest on your 40th toon.

I mean seriously, KOTFE is even more ridicules, you cant take 3 steps without another pack of mobs.

If you enjoy it, that's wonderful! as for me i can only take a couple of weeks of it then im gone again for another year,

Again this is only my opinion and my money spent to Subscribe.

If bioware only wants my money 1 month out of 12 thats cool with me.