Massive is making a new open world star wars game.

vingmotor

It was included in the interview that was done with Douglas Reilly, VP of Lucasfilm Games. I have not played any of their games, so excitement will have to wait until I know more about the game. Will this just be Assassin's Creed in space with laser swords? Will it be Tom Clancy in space with laser swords? Will they come up with something unique? Will it be more RPG focused, action/adventure focused, or a mix of elements? There are some interesting possibilities, but too little is known now to be excited.

https://www.starwars.com/news/lucasfilm-games-interview

what you guys think? dont have a link but becouse my keyboard is messed up. go figure.

anyways i love this. its the guys from division 1 and 2 . they are gonna use the frostbyte engine i think.

no they are not using frostbite engine thankfully. They are using their Snowdrop engine for it

Yep, definitely exciting :D

I was personally hoping for a sandbox 'SWG-2' type mmorpg so i'm not that excited now tbh.

However, i would like to get more excited, so can someone please compare this to some other previous similar type games?

Are we talking like , for example, 'Skyrim' but the STAR WARS version?

I was personally hoping for a sandbox 'SWG-2' type mmorpg so i'm not that excited now tbh.

However, i would like to get more excited, so can someone please compare this to some other previous similar type games?

Are we talking like , for example, 'Skyrim' but the STAR WARS version?

We don't know much about it but considering its an Ubisoft game I would expect it to be something similar to Assassin's Creed or the Division 2, since the studio that develops the latter is the same working on this new game.

I don't know what to think. I'm not the biggest fan of Ubisoft these days and the only game from Massive Entertainment that I played was World in Conflict and the expansion Soviet Assault. I really enjoyed both of them however they were strategy games, not open world games.

I wonder what era it will be set during? My money's on the clone wars.

I wonder what era it will be set during? My money's on the clone wars.

This is also what I'm wondering. Classic StormTroopers (My fav), Clone troopers at some stage of their armor or First Order Troopers? Who is the "Big bad Guy(s)", what state are the Good Guys? So many questions :)

Skyrim would be a good example for Open World, Story Driven. Just not one Province but half of a Galaxy.

Edited by MikeCobalt

This is the one I'm watching :). Open World, Story Driven, Star Wars. Sounds good so far.

Sound mediocre and marketing-ish. Story driven (sure, a lot of games claim that recently, since guess what? They finally realized there is a rich (and demanding) market for them, but are they "meh" or "good" - usually fall short and meh.

Open-world .... yeah whatever, I am not happy about that - so many titles claim that nowadays, and yet we only get interpretation of it that is substitute to " real" open world (not to mention it contributes to lack of quality content and it being heavily instanced)

Star Wars? Okay ..... I mean why exactly are you people getting hyped?

Edited by Senteliks

This is also what I'm wondering. Classic StormTroopers (My fav), Clone troopers at some stage of their armor or First Order Troopers? Who is the "Big bad Guy(s)", what state are the Good Guys? So many questions :)

Skyrim would be a good example for Open World, Story Driven. Just not one Province but half of a Galaxy.

I do not know how possible it would be, but I would love a game that has the open world and free roam possibilities of an Elder Scrolls game with a Star Wars setting. Imagine fifteen or so worlds with an exploration size of about Solstheim in TES V: Skyrim (some larger, some smaller, maybe a few as big as Skyrim), with some additional areas about the size of Blackreach or the Soul Cairn. Go where you want, explore to your hearts content, ignore the main story and just roam the worlds. I would love that, but I would not want it set during the Clone Wars. Old Republic or High Republic would give more leeway for the story. I think the Clone Wars would require the story to adhere too closely to the films and limit options.

Edited by ceryxp

I do not know how possible it would be, but I would love a game that has the open world and free roam possibilities of an Elder Scrolls game with a Star Wars setting. Imagine fifteen or so worlds with an exploration size of about Solstheim in TES V: Skyrim (some larger, some smaller, maybe a few as big as Skyrim), with some additional areas about the size of Blackreach or the Soul Cairn. Go where you want, explore to your hearts content, ignore the main story and just roam the worlds. I would love that, but I would not want it set during the Clone Wars. Old Republic or High Republic would give more leeway for the story. I think the Clone Wars would require the story to adhere too closely to the films and limit options.

Actually we really lack good Clone wars games that tell story and they can divert from main cannon to be stand alone, there could tone of potential there (After all animated show is the high peak example of it)

That said, we really don't have anything that tells the story of High republic ... expect comics (and they only started to roll out and to me it was always a mystery why no one tries to tackle with that era)

We have SWTOR to continue where KOTOR games left off, but nothing but wikia and perhaps some one-shot stories that tell the story where Old republic end and new began

Edited by Senteliks

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...