Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

why is the deserter lockout still present in regs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
why is the deserter lockout still present in regs?

Raansu
05.11.2021 , 07:01 AM | #41
I've been playing since beta and I can count on one hand the amount of times I've DC'd from the game. Its a none issue for most people. If its an issue for you then you need to fix your crappy internet.

Quote: Originally Posted by SeCKSEgai View Post
When I came back, I was kinda hoping to push my 85 valor to 100.

I don't mind the lockout so much aside from the occasional dc.

Its the win requirement that kills it for me. Grouping up for an Op, fine I can generally have the patience for that - but grouping for pvp for the sake of more reliable wins is too much. Even with the rpm/oem rewards for 10k frags, it can still be a pain just to form a TC. Forming a solid pvp group when the mood hits.... yeah
The original daily and weeklies were wins only. They reverted it back to this clearly because they noticed people were just afking to complete their daily and weekly. Now you have to actually put effort in to complete the daily.

foxmob
05.11.2021 , 08:34 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I've been playing since beta and I can count on one hand the amount of times I've DC'd from the game. Its a none issue for most people. If its an issue for you then you need to fix your crappy internet.
yeah, but you also just said in another thread that you hardly even notice desyc in HB. so iunno what world you're living in, but it ain't this one.
Krack

Raansu
05.11.2021 , 07:10 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
yeah, but you also just said in another thread that you hardly even notice desyc in HB. so iunno what world you're living in, but it ain't this one.
The one where I don't exaggerate certain things. Desync happens. Is it frequent? No, not in the slightest. Maybe once or twice a night, but its hardly this thing that plagues every match.

Sappharan
05.11.2021 , 08:33 PM | #44
I would need more than 20 fingers on one hand to make the same claim. It's not always just the internet connection. Crashing to server is also a thing which will net the same result: deserter debuff through no fault of the player.

Deserter debuff must be abrogated.

TrixxieTriss
05.11.2021 , 09:06 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
Of course if it doesn’t affect Raansu, everyone else must be lying or it doesn’t matter.
Do you want to be a better objective pvper?
Click here for a “How to PvP Guide”

Raansu
05.11.2021 , 10:52 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Sappharan View Post
I would need more than 20 fingers on one hand to make the same claim. It's not always just the internet connection. Crashing to server is also a thing which will net the same result: deserter debuff through no fault of the player.

Deserter debuff must be abrogated.
If the servers are crashing then you have more to worry about than pvp considering that the servers at that point would be down or lagging so why play at that point? Wait for the hour or so that it takes them to reset and fix the server. The servers don't crash that damn often either.

The lockout timer is perfectly fine.

TrixxieTriss
05.12.2021 , 01:03 AM | #47
If the servers are crashing then you have more to worry about than pvp considering that the servers at that point would be down or lagging so why play at that point? Wait for the hour or so that it takes them to reset and fix the server. The servers don't crash that damn often either.

The lockout timer is perfectly fine.
Says the person who lives next to the servers with 7ms ping. Empathy isn’t your strong suit is it Raansu?
Do you want to be a better objective pvper?
Click here for a “How to PvP Guide”

Raansu
05.12.2021 , 07:47 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Says the person who lives next to the servers with 7ms ping. Empathy isn’t your strong suit is it Raansu?
I used to play on harbinger, which was a server on the west coast and still never had a problem with connections unless it was something strictly on BW's end with the server going down. So ya, ya'll need to stop over exaggerating the issues.

ElynnDaar
05.12.2021 , 02:25 PM | #49
Deserter lockout is not the only problem. It's the lack of people playing objectives. I see so many "good" players run premades and just farm numbers game after game and even some worse players imitating this. It's all some guilds' premades do. So if you punish me for leaving a game of voidstar where everyone is ignoring door calls and fighting at the attackers' spawn then maybe you should reconsider what you're doing.

RikuvonDrake
05.12.2021 , 03:14 PM | #50
deserter lockout is important cause player experiance matters, if you leave the game it instantly becomes worse for the other 15 or 7 people in the group, now the game allows you to do this if you wish but naturally there needs to be some incentives to avoid it happening on a regular basis. considering that map selection/preferences is something that is coming up reg warzones most likely is in the best situation its ever been

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango