Nar Shaddaa Nightlife Event - 2021

Johnycat

Yeah, it could use some more fine-tuning. I would appreciate it if the team would increase the rate of wins and decrease the rate of getting your coins back on the smuggler machines.

I like the rewards but I really feel like I'm on a rat wheel doing this event. The minigame isn't that much fun after the few spins. I am overly aware of wasting my time while doing the event, which is a bad sign. It defeats the purpose of playing a game. And, it takes me from other aspects of the game that I like better while trying to chase the rewards.

I like the rewards but I really feel like I'm on a rat wheel doing this event. The minigame isn't that much fun after the few spins. I am overly aware of wasting my time while doing the event, which is a bad sign. It defeats the purpose of playing a game. And, it takes me from other aspects of the game that I like better while trying to chase the rewards.

I'm tempted to ask my husband to write a macro for me :o (Don't worry, I won't! I'll just daydream about it.)

This is the way I feel about GS. I think I'm going to cave and just buy my way to the end. I shouldn't. It'll just encourage them to duplicate the strategy of boring people into coughing up money. But it's killing my desire to play.

I'm tempted to ask my husband to write a macro for me :o (Don't worry, I won't! I'll just daydream about it.)

This is the way I feel about GS. I think I'm going to cave and just buy my way to the end. I shouldn't. It'll just encourage them to duplicate the strategy of boring people into coughing up money. But it's killing my desire to play.

Same here. I have asked in the past that things in game either be a money sink or a time sink but not both at the same time. It's exhausting and I don't play games in my free time to be exhausted further. At this point, I will mostly ignore the galactic season stuff. I'll reserve judgment on Nar Shaddaa Nightlife because there's a chance there may be tweaks when it comes back.

However, it may be helpful for the dev team to do a review on rewards for in game activities and make it easier for players to focus on rewards they actually want. For example, with the Nightlight event, I'm playing it almost solely for decos and the only hoop I've gotta jump through to get them is the slot minigame. I like that model better than doing tons of content I don't enjoy only to unlock one or two things I don't care about then having to weight if it's worth the slog to get to the next thing I want.

Same here. I have asked in the past that things in game either be a money sink or a time sink but not both at the same time. It's exhausting and I don't play games in my free time to be exhausted further. At this point, I will mostly ignore the galactic season stuff. I'll reserve judgment on Nar Shaddaa Nightlife because there's a chance there may be tweaks when it comes back.

However, it may be helpful for the dev team to do a review on rewards for in game activities and make it easier for players to focus on rewards they actually want. For example, with the Nightlight event, I'm playing it almost solely for decos and the only hoop I've gotta jump through to get them is the slot minigame. I like that model better than doing tons of content I don't enjoy only to unlock one or two things I don't care about then having to weight if it's worth the slog to get to the next thing I want.

Right now I play the game for two things: the story and collecting fluff. I wanted to complete GS for the fluff, but it took all of my time and energy, so I wasn't getting to the story at all. Now that I ponied up the CC to finish it off, it's like a weight was lifted off my chest. I can enjoy playing the way I want to again! (After I go through and claim the new pets and mounts on my alt army...) I think I'm going to have enough coins for a stronghold and all of the pets I need for my collection. I need to sit down and do the math. Hopefully next season has a different selection, or there will only be a stronghold for me left to buy.

I didn't do Nar Shaddaa Nightlife last year since I took an extended break from the game, so there are lots of prizes for me to try for. I am not a lucky person, so it will take a whole lot of credits and time to get the goods.

In general, there needs to be a lot more decos available in game. We have so many strongholds to decorate, but getting decos is a choke point. I wish they'd add in deco packs to GS. While I couldn't care less about getting bronze armor or mounts, bronze decos are still a nice reward!

In general, there needs to be a lot more decos available in game. We have so many strongholds to decorate, but getting decos is a choke point. I wish they'd add in deco packs to GS. While I couldn't care less about getting bronze armor or mounts, bronze decos are still a nice reward!

I agree, especially regarding armor, weapons, and mounts in GS. However, I feel a large part of the problem is that decos need to be unbound and be available as a reward for more game activities. If it was set up that way, there would be more decos available and there would still be a reward for people who get them but don't want to decorate. They could just list the decos on the GTN and use the credits towards items they actually want.

However, I often feel like decos are bound so they can be used as the carrot on the stick of content I don't want to do. Then I find myself debating if I am going to spend far more time on the content I don't like versus decorating. The scales usually tip towards me having to spend 3 hours, at least, in a flashpoint versus 5 minutes placing the decoration. Ultimately, that ends up sucking the fun out of decorating.

tl;dr I think this is the kind of stuff that makes me avoid playing the game. I don't want to spend more time on content I have no interest in than I spend on activities I actually like.

I really hope BW will come up with this year and will be able to make tokens for machines for "legacy", it's very annoying to have these tokens everywhere, but just a little bit and change the character when they run out. Leaving this bond does not make sense because rewards are legacy

I typically use the nightlife event when I am queued and waiting for something to pop. Alternatively I can use it at the beginning of a play session if I suspect I would otherwise encounter people competing for spawns. Or, I’ll use it at the end of a play session when I’ve gotten lots of the chips as loot from mobs.

The snark is completely unnecessary and misplaced. .

There was no "snark" . Only statements.

Humans should avoid trying to interpret tone over the interwebs in order to cause drama on these forums.

As a member of this community since 2011, i provided the OP with 2 links of information....which is 2 more links than anyone else did in this now 2-page thread.

Now the OP--and anyone else reading the thread--will be better informed for the future. ("Teach a man how to fish...." )

Take care, Mongorr! :eek:

Edited by Nee-Elder

There was no "snark" . Only statements.

Humans should avoid trying to interpret tone over the interwebs in order to cause drama on these forums.

As a member of this community since 2011, i provided the OP with 2 links of information....which is 2 more links than anyone else did in this now 2-page thread.

Now the OP--and anyone else reading the thread--will be better informed for the future. ("Teach a man how to fish...." )

Take care, Mongorr! :eek:

So, ya... I took that as snarky. To the other posters point... it may have lessened the "snark" by saying something like:

"BTW, this JUST got updated on X-date" - the inference here... "if you know where to look" is that I did not look or don't know how to look up, said info.

That said, I do actually appreciate the link... just take the snark down, like 20%

Cheers!

J

Edited by Johnycat

• 3 weeks later...
The event calendar says Nightlife + Double XP next week, but the in game conquest tab says Next Conquest: Rakghoul Resurgence: Tatooine.

Deleted my response, Phazon explained it better :)

This is no mistake. The Nightlife event is seasonal like the Feast of Prosperity or the Life Day event and therefore independent of the Conquest event schedule. Same thing for the double xp event. So next week we will get all three of them.
Edited by DarkTergon

The event calendar says Nightlife + Double XP next week, but the in game conquest tab says Next Conquest: Rakghoul Resurgence: Tatooine.

This is no mistake. The Nightlife event is seasonal like the Feast of Prosperity or the Life Day event and therefore independent of the Conquest event schedule. Same thing for the double xp event. So next week we will get all three of them.

Great, thanks! I was mildly concerned but that really clears it up.