What do YOU consider a "Conquest Guild" to be?

MsTickle

No right or wrong answers here, I am simply curious as to what the community in general considers "Conquest Guilds" to be.

Does it mean only guilds that regularly take planets? Only guilds that regularly reach top 10 on a given size of planet? Any guild that actively works towards their own internal conquest goals?

:rak_02:

No right or wrong answers here, I am simply curious as to what the community in general considers "Conquest Guilds" to be.

Does it mean only guilds that regularly take planets? Only guilds that regularly reach top 10 on a given size of planet? Any guild that actively works towards their own internal conquest goals?

:rak_02:

I would define a Conquest Guild as any Guild that has a realistic chance of getting into the Top 10. If you have no reasonable chance to get in the Top 10 you are really only after the Guild rewards which are fairly simple to obtain, though not very valuable after you have finished expanding your flagship. The mats are not used nearly as much as they used to be and there are better sources of Tech Fragments than Conquest (you will generally complete Conquest Personal goals by just playing the game, though the rate at which you achieve that varies significantly by content - killing random stuff is the worst and GSF is the best by far).

I was recently corrected by one of my offers when I advertised on the server forums that our guilds are conquest guilds. They apparently aren't. We're just casual guilds who participate in conquest, but we're not gunning for the leader boards or planet takeovers, which apparently is the differentiation. Edited by xordevoreaux

a guild that spends the majority of its time trying to "conquest" a planet. usually with the same daily SM ops/activities repeated over and over with multiple alts for the sole purpose of...achieving conquest as opposed to progression raiding or completing a particular quest.

I think the word "conquest" requires a modifier...

So a guild can rightfully claim to be a "large conquest guild" meaning simply that they invade a large planet every week and safely meet the guild goal. Any guild that allows a player to maximize their conquest rewards could reasonably claim to be a conquest guild, imho.

Of course there are dedicated guilds that will do anything/everything necessary to be number one week after week...Sanctuary (Star Forge), Kort (Satele Shan), Rest in Peace/ Shield of Destiny (Darth Malgus) and often will use an alt guild to win more than once in a given week. I don't actually consider these "conquest guilds" so much as achievement guilds via conquest, which is the real draw for people to get at least one character into such guilds and meet whatever weekly conquest requirements they have.

A conquest guild could be any of the following, depending on how you want to define it:

-hits conquest target every week.

-organizes group activities for the sake of conquest (FP/Ops runs, Rampages, World Boss kills, etc.)

-fights for top ten on weeks that only have three planets.

-fights for number one on weeks with many planets available for invasion.

-requires all members and/or characters to hit minimum personal conquest of 50k each week.

-requires all members and/or characters to hit some goal greater than 50k as determined by guild rules.

I suppose when someone tells me that ____ is a "conquest guild" without any further context, I assume that they have a minimum weekly requirement, either 50k or some higher goal in order to remain in the guild.

Edited by red_onion

A conquest guild could be any of the following, depending on how you want to define it:

-hits conquest target every week.

-organizes group activities for the sake of conquest (FP/Ops runs, Rampages, World Boss kills, etc.)

-fights for top ten on weeks that only have three planets.

-fights for number one on weeks with many planets available for invasion.

-requires all members and/or characters to hit minimum personal conquest of 50k each week.

-requires all members and/or characters to hit some goal greater than 50k as determined by guild rules.

I suppose when someone tells me that ____ is a "conquest guild" without any further context, I assume that they have a minimum weekly requirement, either 50k or some higher goal in order to remain in the guild.

With the xception of the first item, I'd agree with this. In the current state of conquest, merely hitting the conquest goal to get guild rewards doesn't take much. All it tells me is that the guild has active members. Now if you're on the leaderboard every week, that's a very different story.

The rest of it, though--especially the minimum conquest requirement--is definitely what comes to mind when I hear "conquest guild."

With the xception of the first item, I'd agree with this. In the current state of conquest, merely hitting the conquest goal to get guild rewards doesn't take much. All it tells me is that the guild has active members. Now if you're on the leaderboard every week, that's a very different story.

The rest of it, though--especially the minimum conquest requirement--is definitely what comes to mind when I hear "conquest guild."

If the guild is getting CQ every week, they are still a CQ guild. They are just a normal CQ guild, whereas the top ten could be considered the 'star' CQ guilds, while the ones that constantly hit 1, are the 'superstar' CQ guilds :)

If the guild is getting CQ every week, they are still a CQ guild. They are just a normal CQ guild, whereas the top ten could be considered the 'star' CQ guilds, while the ones that constantly hit 1, are the 'superstar' CQ guilds :)

I suppose I see the difference as intent. If the guild is hitting that target incidentally, with no member/character cq requirements or specially organized events in pursuit of that goal, then why call it a conquest guild? It's just a guild with an active playerbase. On the other hand, if conquest is a focus, if there's some threshold or requirement expected of members (regardless of how competitive the guild may or may not be on the leaderboard), that is what I would consider a "conquest guild."

Example: The guild I'm in hits large yield every week, but we (usually) advertise as a casual or social-ops guild. We run ops, and we sometimes group up for flashpoints and warzones, etc., but our members are just as likely to be off doing their own things. We don't have individual cq requirements, and we don't organize events for the sake of gaining more cq points. So, if none of our activities are motivated by conquest... how are we a Conquest guild? I don't think we are.

I suppose I see the difference as intent. If the guild is hitting that target incidentally, with no member/character cq requirements or specially organized events in pursuit of that goal, then why call it a conquest guild? It's just a guild with an active playerbase. On the other hand, if conquest is a focus, if there's some threshold or requirement expected of members (regardless of how competitive the guild may or may not be on the leaderboard), that is what I would consider a "conquest guild."

Example: The guild I'm in hits large yield every week, but we (usually) advertise as a casual or social-ops guild. We run ops, and we sometimes group up for flashpoints and warzones, etc., but our members are just as likely to be off doing their own things. We don't have individual cq requirements, and we don't organize events for the sake of gaining more cq points. So, if none of our activities are motivated by conquest... how are we a Conquest guild? I don't think we are.

If it comes down to intent, than any guild who intends to hit CQ, could be called a CQ guild, whether they hit it regularly or not. /shrug, so maybe it's a bit of both :-D

I would define a Conquest Guild as any Guild that has a realistic chance of getting into the Top 10. If you have no reasonable chance to get in the Top 10 you are really only after the Guild rewards which are fairly simple to obtain...

By that criteria only the guilds that can secure the top spot on the leader boards are Conquest guilds since everything greater than 1 is cosmetic and just in it for the weekly rewards.

By that criteria only the guilds that can secure the top spot on the leader boards are Conquest guilds since everything greater than 1 is cosmetic and just in it for the weekly rewards.

Not really, If you are getting into the top 10 then you have a reasonable chance to win the top spot (probably as far down as number 100 on the list could potentially get there with sufficient effort). Most guilds are too small to have a real chance to get close enough to the top spot. A guild that gets to 5 or 10 million when the lowest spot on the top 10 list is 50 million is participating in Conquest, but I would not consider them a Conquest Guild if I was looking to join one. I would expect a guild calling itself a Conquest Guild to be competitive in Conquest, not just getting to their Guild goal.

Not really, If you are getting into the top 10 then you have a reasonable chance to win the top spot (probably as far down as number 100 on the list could potentially get there with sufficient effort). Most guilds are too small to have a real chance to get close enough to the top spot. A guild that gets to 5 or 10 million when the lowest spot on the top 10 list is 50 million is participating in Conquest, but I would not consider them a Conquest Guild if I was looking to join one. I would expect a guild calling itself a Conquest Guild to be competitive in Conquest, not just getting to their Guild goal.

You and I must have very different definitions of "reasonable chance" if you think that merely getting into the top 10 is any indication that a guild could take the top spot on the leader board.

On Satele Shan these are the numbers of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 10th spots on the leaderboards for the three yields.

• Large:
    • 1st - 63,380,229
    • 2nd - 38,657,501
    • 3rd - 31,957,852
    • 10th - 12,230,023

[*]Medium:

• 1st - 67,884,633
    • 2nd - 10,279,549
    • 3rd - 7,331,211
    • 10th - 2,727,650

[*]Small:

• 1st - 67,812,052
    • 2nd - 24,875,813
    • 3rd - 11,679,016
    • 10th - 1,970,174

Presently on Star Forge the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 10th spots on the three leaderboards show:

• Large:
    • 1st - 161,223,058
    • 2nd - 52,369,449
    • 3rd - 42,356,803
    • 10th - 27,718,441

[*]Medium:

• 1st - 51,0799,696
    • 2nd - 23,952,613
    • 3rd - 9,531,854
    • 10th - 2,779,748

[*]Small:

• 1st - 122,629,394
    • 2nd - 33,996,167
    • 3rd - 15,655,556
    • 10th - 5,007,219

Now, I do not know what you consider to be a "reasonable chance," but there is no reasonable way that any guild in the #2 spot is going to catch the #1 guild. And the #10 guilds have no conceivable chance. If you are being honest you know full well that just getting into the top 10 does not mean that that guild has any chance whatsoever of taking the #1 spot from one of the guilds that, week after week, always take those spots. And being in any position but #1 is purely for vanity and the weekly rewards.

You and I must have very different definitions of "reasonable chance" if you think that merely getting into the top 10 is any indication that a guild could take the top spot on the leader board.

Now, I do not know what you consider to be a "reasonable chance," but there is no reasonable way that any guild in the #2 spot is going to catch the #1 guild. And the #10 guilds have no conceivable chance. If you are being honest you know full well that just getting into the top 10 does not mean that that guild has any chance whatsoever of taking the #1 spot from one of the guilds that, week after week, always take those spots. And being in any position but #1 is purely for vanity and the weekly rewards.

Well, if it is really that bad, then maybe it is time to get rid of Conquest all together or at least the leaderboards and top spot since it is going to be the same guild (or one of its sister guilds) every week. Maybe just make the Conquest titles available for purchase if your guild makes 10x the planet goal. If there is no competition, then there is no need for leader boards.

Personally, I'd like to see a serious revamp so that just pure numbers of characters (as opposed to Legacies) in the guild doesn't determine the winner. Things like Coruscant Heroics should be worth less than Corellia Heroics, Flashpoints should be ranked based on difficulty (and reward commensurate amounts of CQ points). Same with operations. Participation rewards like GSF should be lowered with multipliers for performance and an adjustment for the balance between the two sides (a double high level/skill premade against a bunch of lowbies should reward less to the double premade than a more even match). The same could be done with PVP (especially Arenas). Premades also shouldn't get the GF multiplier for Flashpoints/Operations/Uprisings. The point of GF was to make it easier for people to get into that content, not provide an easy bonus for Conquest focused guilds. I'd also be in favor of a reduction in CQ points for planetary missions based on how far above the planet's level you are. Maybe a 90% reduction in CQ points if you are doing them with a level 75 on Coruscant. Reducing the size of guilds could also even the playing field. Things were a lot more competitive when guilds were smaller.

Some unpopular ideas to be sure but if you are sure there is no real competition, then things need to be shaken up.

• 8 months later...