Pyrotech and Advanced Prototype Powertech/Plasmatech and Tactics Vanguard Set Bonus Discussion

EricMusco

i really hate the all the autocrit setboni, the ap upfront burst at the beginning of each solo match is just ridiculous, would prefer a flat crit chances or damage increase

No. The effective cooldown on Energy Burst is so long combined with it's energy means that it should be able to hit hard with some level of reliability. Waiting ~20 seconds and then spending 20 ammo just to get a 6k hit is laughable. If the autocrit is removed then the base damage of Cell Burst should be significantly increased with a proportional loss of crit multiplier.

Also don't even bring up AP's burst in solo ranked, AP's life expectancy in solo ranked is shorter than the duration of reactive shield. Nerfing AP further would just make the spec a total joke in solo ranked.

By the way at the very least can you make sure that setbonus procs don't share the same icons in the future? Having the 2pc setbonus and the 6pc setbonus sharing proc icons, can get annoying fast, especially in PvP.

Note from the Combat team on this...

This is excellent feedback (which is what we are hoping to read in these threads), and we will look into making the icons more varied and readable for you in the future. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

you do realized this was reported back when 3.0 first hit by many people and i personal made count reports about this. you's just NOW realized the icons for them should not be same?. so again i ask the question do you's really play your own game?

I'd be very happy if we had more options. For example making 2 - 3 or more different set bonuses per discipline that would all be good and make them drop from different sets of Operations.

I realize it's a bit too much so why don't you at least try to make the 6pc feel uniquely themed after the discipline or at least advanced class + role and feeling. Tanks and Healers have this set bonus identity to some extent but they could also be a lot better. Auto crits are plain boring. Make them something that fits the class better, maybe something that even has a visual effect so when someone uses their enhanced Double Saber Throw(for example) their sound is a lot more prominent and their animation feels stronger. Like the extra discipline passive you don't get unless you progress through gear.

Don't even need to be OP just more fun and distinguishable.

Edited by Ethior

Hello,

I play only PVE HL and in a Advanced Prototype form.

I feel that old 4 pces setbonus (186) plus 2pces new setbonus is more efficient than 6pces new bonus.

In my mind in PVE, the new bonus set is a big dps loose for those that manage heat without them !

Regards.

Hello,

I play only PVE HL and in a Advanced Prototype form.

I feel that old 4 pces setbonus (186) plus 2pces new setbonus is more efficient than 6pces new bonus.

In my mind in PVE, the new bonus set is a big dps loose for those that manage heat without them !

Regards.

Uh, how on earth do you manage your heat without the lower cost of Rocket Punch? No offense, but I'd love to see some parses from you or at least some of your better boss fights.

Uh, how on earth do you manage your heat without the lower cost of Rocket Punch? No offense, but I'd love to see some parses from you or at least some of your better boss fights.

Hello on Sword Squadron 8HM.

I can only give a torparse screencap because parsely refuse my "French" combatlog. Not so easy not to go full Heat, but possible. (or on this

look player Bakatek you'll see heat. And yes i'm not bursting all the time ^^) Edited by snifsnif

So, for aetrus's sake, I did a 500k parse on my VG after taking off 3 pieces. The rotation is there, just no 4-piece bonus

The extra energy is nice though, because its ~1 less rapid shots (replaced with a tac surge) every 90-ish seconds.

I also deliberately avoided a hard energy burn since this is a 500k dummy (despite missing multiple pieces of gear)

Parse found here: http://parsely.io/parser/view/48121

Anyway, on topic, the 2 bonus's (New + Old) are about equal in power, the extra DPS granted by the 15 second shorter CD on Battle Focus is offset by having lower level armorings, and thats it.

I do the same thing, basically the only fight in this round of ops that you can really benefit from that extra energy is MB if you do a certain strategy. Almost every other fight will have some downtime which will basically make the set bonus laughable. As Kwerty said, it's one extra Mag-blast every ~88 seconds ... when played perfectly ... on a dummy ... with no downtime. In a standard fight you may get like 2 extra mag-blasts(?) depending on the length of the fight.

I dunno, literally the only time I every have energy issues is commanders unless I like basic attack all the adds to death.

As for the thread, I'd like just the old 2 and 4 to be the new 4 and 6

Or that data mined one that was like, "Grapple has a 50% chance to finish the cd on explosive fuel" :eek:

As for the thread, I'd like just the old 2 and 4 to be the new 4 and 6

Or that data mined one that was like, "Grapple has a 50% chance to finish the cd on explosive fuel" :eek:

Oh god that was terrible. It was only a 50% chance of happening AND it used a GCD to do no damage. It was literally the worst set bonus I ever saw

Oh god that was terrible. It was only a 50% chance of happening AND it used a GCD to do no damage. It was literally the worst set bonus I ever saw

But think about it......

Explosive fuel window > grapple > explosive fuel :eek::eek::eek:

It's nowhere near practical ... but still ... back to back explosive fuels!

But think about it......

Explosive fuel window > grapple > explosive fuel :eek::eek::eek:

It's nowhere near practical ... but still ... back to back explosive fuels!

Or, knowing my luck:

Explosive Fuel Window -> Run to 10m -> Get thrown around the room cause I tried to run 10m away in master blaster and there was a bomb there -> somehow surviving -> getting the grapple off -> no proc because RNG hates me.

• 2 weeks later...

All I care about is living for more than 3 GCDs when focused by 3-4 DPS in solo queue. DPS PTs are practically melee mercs with worse DCDs. And 4.0 datamined changes do nothing for that. Oh, I get more damage on Cell Burst? Because that was needed. Increased crit chance on Fire Pulse? Yay. Because having two DCDs on two minute cooldowns on a non-stealth melee class is really good, right BW?

Can't forget about baseline leap. Because PTs needed more mobility.

Edited by Aetrus

All I care about is living for more than 3 GCDs when focused by 3-4 DPS in solo queue. DPS PTs are practically melee mercs with worse DCDs. And 4.0 datamined changes do nothing for that. Oh, I get more damage on Cell Burst? Because that was needed. Increased crit chance on Fire Pulse? Yay. Because having two DCDs on two minute cooldowns on a non-stealth melee class is really good, right BW?

Can't forget about baseline leap. Because PTs needed more mobility.

solo queue for VG: stand all the way back while your team goes in, when almost everyone is dead, run in and global the survivors.

:hope_05:

But hey man we can leap now, so we can get ourselves killed even faster!

Edited by Zoom_VI

• 2 months later...

I think the set bonuses for dps don't necessarily have to increase your dps.

Here are some new ideas for PT/VG set bonuses:

- Reduce incoming AOE damage by 30% for 5 seconds after using Jet Charge

- Flamethrower /Pulse Cannon can be cast while moving

- Increase alacrity during Explosive Fuel / Battle Focus

- Reduces the cooldown of Energy/Reactive Shield by 30 seconds

- The first second of Hydraulic Override/Hold The Line increases speed by an additional 50%

- Thermal Sensor Override and Reserve Power Cell auto-crit next attack

- Increase Damage Reduction by 50% for 3 seconds after Kolto Overload/Adrenaline Rush finishes

- Jet Charge / Storm auto-crits when used

Edited by Hawk_IV

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

As most of the people I hope have noticed, [2] Set bonus is completely useless for Pyro.

Even for AP, -2 energy does not justify a set bonus.

Proposals:

1. 15% increase in armor penetration for Railshot, or

2. 2 sec increase in Kolto, or

3. 3 sec increase in Shield.

Edited by Aetideus

• 1 year later...
Again Meh on the set bonuses (this is becoming a common reality with all of the additions I have seen so far)... How about fixing the DCD's and balancing the class along the same lines as Trooper/Merc? All the set bonuses in the world will not fix the real issue with PT/VG unless you address the gaping deficiencies in their defensive abilities.

• 4 months later...