Umbara Mobile Base Stronghold still possible?

the_burne

Hello,

I saw this base on a video and wanted to get one... but cant seem to find where i can start the quests anymore.

Anyone gotten this recently?

I've seen plenty of guides from 2017.. its not showing on my ship quests anywhere.. or journal. I've not played since 2015. well i restarted this month.

In the mission room on Odessen there's a special vendor which gives you access to an elevator which will then let you got o a special room to unlock the stronghold. I wish I could be more specific but, eh, I haven't done it in ages.

To amplify on this a little, go to the elevator on Odessan that's just in front of the Star Fortress entrance. Take the elevator to the Alliance Staging Room. There you'll find Nessl Vaccan, the Recovered Goods Vendor, who sells an item called "Invitation: Trader's Quarters" for 3,010,000 credits. (This vendor also sells Iokath Recombinators.) I don't know if there are any steps after buying and clicking on the item, since I've also had the stronghold for a long time. Good luck, and enjoy the stronghold!

ETA: The old guides you found are probably giving you the original procedure for buying the stronghold. This involved running the Crisis on Umbara flashpoint multiple times on the same character until you had collected enough Alliance Recon Data currency for the stronghold. When currencies were streamlined (sort of) in 6.0, the ARD currency was removed, and the stronghold has been available for credits ever since. The only trick now is finding the vendor!

Edited by Hudlar

To amplify on this a little, go to the elevator on Odessan that's just in front of the Star Fortress entrance. Take the elevator to the Alliance Staging Room. There you'll find Nessl Vaccan, the Recovered Goods Vendor, who sells an item called "Invitation: Trader's Quarters" for 3,010,000 credits. (This vendor also sells Iokath Recombinators.) I don't know if there are any steps after buying and clicking on the item, since I've also had the stronghold for a long time. Good luck, and enjoy the stronghold!

ETA: The old guides you found are probably giving you the original procedure for buying the stronghold. This involved running the Crisis on Umbara flashpoint multiple times on the same character until you had collected enough Alliance Recon Data currency for the stronghold. When currencies were streamlined (sort of) in 6.0, the ARD currency was removed, and the stronghold has been available for credits ever since. The only trick now is finding the vendor!

When you use the item, you can then go into a room (the "Trader's Quarters") accessible from the room where Nessl stands (look for a lift on one side), and the stronghold vendor is there.

Yeah, I just bought this SH last week.

I was totally underwhelmed. There's really nothing interesting about it at all. It's a train. Yawn. Compared to Yavin or Tattooine or Rishi, it's a real disappointment.

Now, that being said, if you are just looking for another 25% Conquest bonus, it's cost-effective for that. Total cost will be just over 5 million - the 3 million for the Trader Pass, and just over 1 Million for each of the two expansions.

I'd love it if there were two changes --

* Ability to get into all the train cars. I don't understand why one is closed off.

* Removal of assets. The exterior decks are cluttered with stuff so I can't put my own.

Otherwise it's a really neat concept.

Is there still that problem where you have to be up to the Umbara storyline or otherwise able to access Umbara to visit someone's train SH?

Edited by Xina_LA

Thanks all for responding, I had opened a ticket as well and got a response.

I fell off the train a few times before i realized you can rightclick jump to the next car in that one spot...after the 2nd unlock lol..

In the past it was true that you need to farm on Iokath to gather 60 Alliance Recon data, but a change was made and it is no longer required.

To purchase the stronghold, you need to go to Odessen then select at the elevator " Alliance Staging area" ( elevator is located just before the entrance of the Star Fortress Flashpoint).

Speak to " Recovered Goods Vendors" ( Nessl Vaccan) and purchased the "invitation: Trader's quarter " for 3.010.000 credits

Once you get the invitation, use the elevator located in the room ( opposite of the Vendor) .You will be able to purchase the stronghold for 5 000 credits or 50 cartel coins

Ive only had a nar shadda sky palace.. i never messed with any other ones.

I just enjoy collecting decorations and light decorating over time.

made a video for others if they have problems getting the train.

https://youtu.be/6wFJtdAGr80

Edited by the_burne

• 8 months later...

Yes. Go to the Allliance Staging Romm on Odessen. Visit the Recovered Goods Vendors and buy the Invitation: Trader's Quarters for 3,010,000 credits. Then, consume the invitation and go to the Trader's Quarter's elevator to the left of the vendor.

The elevator will take you to a cut scene and the opportunity to buy the Umbara train for 50,000 credits. The expansions are 1,000,000 and 1,200,000 respectively. It is a loooooong train. I still haven't unlocked all of the secrets to this train. :)