Tatooine JAWA Balloon disappeared !!!

MegaDkm

Short version.. i waited 15 mins for the JAWA balloon and went for a ride to the datacrons, about 5 mins before the balloon was at the sandcrawler the balloon disappeared completely and was nowhere in sight, leaving me stuck in the desert, because when i tried to move my character or the camera i/it would get moved back to the place it was 1 sec ago.

Anyone tried this or was it a onetime thing that happend to me??

Edited by MegaDkm
typo

Yeah just happened to me about an hour ago, on the thing again now - seamed like when it despawned it appeared at the start as I went back there to find it sailing away.

Going into the 2 hours of my life wasted categtory if it despawned again.

I had this happen to me last night moments before we were over the datacron. The guy with me was telling us about it happeneing to him before then ppof, happened to us. We sat there for like five minutes dumbstruck...I'd like that 45 min back.

I've done the balloon ride three different times, with two different characters. The first time, with my smuggler, balloon disappeared and we went sailing to the sand below, ouch. Ran back to the original site and waited for the balloon to come back around. Made it to the datacrons that second time.

So my Bounty Hunter reached Tattoine just last night. Was getting ready to do some questing, when a couple of players mentioned in general that the balloon disappeared from beneath them. I thought it would be the best time to try for the balloon, as the thing had bugged just before. I mean, hey...bugs can happen two or three times in a row, I'm sure, but my smuggler got the datacrons successfully on the second go-around, so maybe my hunter would get lucky, too. And it worked, first trip on the balloon and my hunter received both datacrons.

Felt bad for the guys who refused to try the balloon again, though. Enjoyed the trip with a very quiet level 50 Merc in the balloon with me. Watched a tv show while I waited. Life is sweet.

• 3 weeks later...
Short version.. i waited 15 mins for the JAWA balloon and went for a ride to the datacrons, about 5 mins before the balloon was at the sandcrawler the balloon disappeared completely and was nowhere in sight, leaving me stuck in the desert, because when i tried to move my character or the camera i/it would get moved back to the place it was 1 sec ago.

Anyone tried this or was it a onetime thing that happend to me??

Well, the bold part definitely sounds like an issue, perhaps with your latency? Generally when folks get dumped off, they just move along.

As far as the balloon itself goes -- I've seen someone elsewhere on the forums describe the issue as a "1 3/4 circuit". So, the balloon starts at the start point, goes successfully to the datacron crawler, comes back to the start point, goes most of the way to the datacrons and disappears. It then reappears at the start point and resumes its circuit. After having this happen, I'm wondering if it might be a "2 3/4" circuit, or put another way, as someone said above, the balloon dumps folks 1/3 of the time.

My friend and I had to dedicate a whole evening to this; he caught the balloon while I was doing other stuff AFK, then got one of the datacrons and missed the other. He met me at the start point, and we caught the balloon on its next go-round. It dumped us out. We walked back to the start, saw the balloon leaving by the time we got there, and waited again for it to do its full circuit. We caught the balloon when it returned and made it successfully to the 'crons that time.

So out of 4 circuits in a row, 1 of them was a drop. Anyone else have any multiple trips in a row to report on? ;P

Well, the bold part definitely sounds like an issue, perhaps with your latency? Generally when folks get dumped off, they just move along.

As far as the balloon itself goes -- I've seen someone elsewhere on the forums describe the issue as a "1 3/4 circuit". So, the balloon starts at the start point, goes successfully to the datacron crawler, comes back to the start point, goes most of the way to the datacrons and disappears. It then reappears at the start point and resumes its circuit. After having this happen, I'm wondering if it might be a "2 3/4" circuit, or put another way, as someone said above, the balloon dumps folks 1/3 of the time.

My friend and I had to dedicate a whole evening to this; he caught the balloon while I was doing other stuff AFK, then got one of the datacrons and missed the other. He met me at the start point, and we caught the balloon on its next go-round. It dumped us out. We walked back to the start, saw the balloon leaving by the time we got there, and waited again for it to do its full circuit. We caught the balloon when it returned and made it successfully to the 'crons that time.

So out of 4 circuits in a row, 1 of them was a drop. Anyone else have any multiple trips in a row to report on? ;P

Word for word, this happened to me exactly. I made the first trip, missed the jump-down data cron, went back a second time, balloon despawned before crawler, went back to launch point, balloon was already out of reach, waited for next one/danced with Republicans.

Happened to me a few days ago. I put in a ticket. In my case, it definitely seemed related to latency somehow.

While waiting for the balloon, my latency was fine. Four blue bars.

The very instant the balloon appeared in the distance, my latency plummeted to one red dot and then a red X, and remained that way until I got dropped from the baloon.

I jumped on the balloon and rode it for about 10-15 minutes, then suddenly found myself on the sand below (no fall damage), watching the balloon sail off in the distance. I couldn't move my character at all. Couldn't even turn around to look behind me. My character kept snapping back facing the balloon.

The really curious thing is that the instant I hit the sand, my latency jumped back up to 4 blue bars. I tried relogging to get unstuck but that didn't work. Fast travel cleared it.

I've had this happen to me many times. I've noticed when I did drop, people had companions out and or were spamming AOE skills to be annoying. When this did not happen I made it across just fine.

You should still report this as a bug though, it's quite annoying.

I've had it happen to me on two characters. It seems to occur just as you change areas, so I'm guessing it has to do with that. Reported it both times it happened. I've spent about 6 hours on the stupid balloon on all my characters, and half of it has been due to the balloon despawning and resetting back to the first sandcrawler.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...