Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Updated thoughts from closed beta founder. they double down on Great Nerfening

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Updated thoughts from closed beta founder. they double down on Great Nerfening

Kass
Yesterday , 10:27 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramalina View Post
Actually, if you read their post closely you find that what they're supposedly trying to address is that some players find PvP to be slow paced and annoying, and that some players find NiM / HM raids to be too easy, mostly because in past expacs those raids were nerfed because after driving away the core of the raiding community with glacially slow content release schedules and unpopular class and gearing changes the remaining raider population needed some help in getting through content with smaller less experienced rosters of players.

Those are real problems. It might be good for SWTOR if the devs solved them.

They're redoing class mechanics almost from scratch and pruning DCDs and high impact abilities instead.

It's the equivalent of having a car with a transmission that needs to be rebuilt, but since you don't feel like doing a transmission rebuild you do a full suspension replacement instead. Do it right, and it might be an improvement, do it wrong and it creates a host of new problems. Either way, the transmission still doesn't shift well.
Not sure how were not saying the same thing?
Kass'yan
KTD - Republic Commando - "We're coming... and we're bringing Guns..."
"All Mods have been alerted to your presence, sir!" *
S0-B1 aw350m3n355 @ b31ng a Tr011 ha5 b33n c0mpr0m15ed. Mu5t f1nd 3as13r markz

LJ_Gibbs
Yesterday , 11:18 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Kass View Post
That's not been my experience.

The Developers are trying to answer a question about DCD's in SWTOR. They're approach is seriously flawed... So providing feedback, as was requested, and help shape how BIOWARE answers that question is both important and necessary.

What won't happen is that BIOWARE simply does a 180 and gives up on attempting to answer this question - so in that, nothing anyone says about leaving everything as is, will change their move to answer it - anyone who thinks otherwise is being delusional.

So dissuading them from attempting to answer this question is not the point - it is to help shape the answer, from the people who actually play the game - us.

In this way, these threads and these posts are important.

My personal experience has been posts do matter, and the Devs do listen.
You have not bee on the forums much or not part of closed PTS testing. This company has many, many instance of being told things are broken, or need tweaked, or are just absolutely horrendous...... and they end up in the live game anyway.

LJ_Gibbs
Yesterday , 11:19 AM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramalina View Post
...... and that some players find NiM / HM raids to be too easy.....
Who is saying this? lol

Kass
Yesterday , 12:33 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by LJ_Gibbs View Post
You have not bee on the forums much or not part of closed PTS testing. This company has many, many instance of being told things are broken, or need tweaked, or are just absolutely horrendous...... and they end up in the live game anyway.
I played these forums the day they went live... so don't try to measure your mynock against mine pal.

Announcement of LotS got me excited enough to come on the forums again, but read the legacy signature and think twice before you mouth off.

#30022 - OG Player
Kass'yan

Kurj
Yesterday , 03:24 PM | #135
I played these forums the day they went live... so don't try to measure your mynock against mine pal.
#30022 - OG Player
Best line in this entire thread.
Begeren Colony

Elmendra | Ozeranski | Tr'sain | Kurj

Labranth
Today , 07:36 AM | #136
"You're not that guy pal, trust me. You're not that guy."
All I did, I did for justice.

LJ_Gibbs
Today , 08:34 AM | #137

Announcement of LotS got me excited enough to come on the forums again, but read the legacy signature and think twice before you mouth off.

#30022 - OG Player
I don't care how OG you are. BW has been told about many things in PTS build and it never changes.

Kass
Today , 10:10 AM | #138
Memes and Bantha Poodo... lol, who raised these kids? :This generation comes across as well rounded as a turnip that just fell off a farmers truck - go polish your posting skillz

Best Example of Bioware listening (My Suggestion Btw):

Told Bioware that Darkside I "Golden Eyes" effect window was too small when it used to be a window of 17 or 18K - 19,999 Darkside I points.

They lowered it to a window of 4000 Darkside I points to 19,999 Darkside I points!

Sorry not Sorry you're not feeling validated. But let me learn you something 4%er - Now just because the request doesn't make it into the Patch schedule, gets lost due to Developer turn-over, or the cost-vs-benefit reward for investing in the change - Ex. Malgus Reborn Chestpiece: The thing has a massive cut-scene bug with its cape physics - but will it ever get patched, probably not (and I hate this bug because I see it ALL THE TIME) - but not because they don't know it exists, but because there's only so much that can be squeezed into a Patch (and there are usually bigger Bugs and bigger priorities).

But just because that doesn't get patched, does not equate to "they don't listen" chicken little the sky is falling!!

They do listen, and have made changes where and when they can - and particularly where their development path and the suggestion line up well enough to be 'doable'.

So if you want to whine and belly ache, and promote the lie that 'they never listen to us', then you keep flexing like that and have fun winding your self out of breath in the process.

Bioware does listen, but their not in business to validate you emotionally and address your small mynock energy.
Kass'yan