iRating Adjustment

MauroHenriqueSD

My skills are giving this effect: iRating adjustment, how do I fix it? They are from 196 rating up to 270.

Clarification: it is not given by your skills.

What do you think needs fixing about it? It is there to show the degree of additional Mastery, Endurance and Health you have above and beyond what Level Sync would give you. If your current averaged-out "Item Rating" (in the top-left of the Character panel) is below 270, you won't get any iRating adjustment, by which I meant that the icon will be in your buff bar will show a zero. As you raise your Item Rating above 269, you'll progressively gain more and more points of iRating adjustment. The progression is moderately opaque, and the effect it has is even more opaque.

If you go somewhere where Level Sync does not reduce your level (Fleet, Stronghold, class ship, or any area whose "sync level" is the same as or higher than your character's level), you won't get any iRating Adjustment at all, not even the buff icon.

I was curious if we have data on what the difference is between this "iRating Adjustment" and "Veteran's Edge." Is Vet's Edge only on group content (such as FPs and OPs), and the Adjustment for solo? And are the actual effects different between the two? One would assume. I think Vet's Edge caps out at 30, but I had an Adjustment rating of 59 in solo mode "A Traitor Among the Chiss" yesterday...

I was curious if we have data on what the difference is between this "iRating Adjustment" and "Veteran's Edge." Is Vet's Edge only on group content (such as FPs and OPs), and the Adjustment for solo? And are the actual effects different between the two? One would assume. I think Vet's Edge caps out at 30, but I had an Adjustment rating of 59 in solo mode "A Traitor Among the Chiss" yesterday...

The values you see for either of them are variable, just as the synced Endurance, Mastery, Power and Health values depend on where you are (not just the synced level, but also the specific place that syncs you to that level).

I think there's effectively no conceptual difference between iRating Adjustment and Veteran's Edge (collectively "iRAVE"). Both have the effect of giving you more Endurance, Mastery and Health if you are synced down and you have non-zero amounts of iRAVE. They have no effect on your synced Power, which is entirely independent of your gear. Stand with a level 71+ on Zakuul ("Old World" part) in a safe place, you have 3929 Power no matter how far above 270 your gear is, but if you take off all your gear (all of it, armour, weapons, lefties, the lot), it is still 3929.

I had been wondering that about the two myself...

Now I find myself wondering, if they're basically the same thing, why the two different names...?

It's a good question, especially since you don't ever have both. iRating Adjustment seems to be "fixed" - if you have 24 stacks (302/303 iRating) of it, you have 24 stacks of it *everywhere* you go that has iRating Adjustment.

If you go into VE territory, you get some amount of VE *instead* of your iRating Adjustment, but the number of stacks of VE varies wildly between different places.

I've remarked elsewhere that the whole subject is more than a little confusing, and I remain confused by it the more I see of it.

• 9 months later...

So, I have bought and used several master datacrons. While doing the original story lines, I am obviously wearing 270 gear. Now, with that armor on, I get the iRating buff. But it gives me a score of 0. I was on one planet and stood next to another player that was 75. While I did not look at their armor, I am sure it was high enough to trigger the iRating buff. They actually had a number of stacks. I am confused as to why I get 0 stacks and a different player actually had a number of stacks.

This iRating stuff is very confusing. Any help figuring this out would be awesome.

Thanks guys!

So, I have bought and used several master datacrons. While doing the original story lines, I am obviously wearing 270 gear. Now, with that armor on, I get the iRating buff. But it gives me a score of 0. I was on one planet and stood next to another player that was 75. While I did not look at their armor, I am sure it was high enough to trigger the iRating buff. They actually had a number of stacks. I am confused as to why I get 0 stacks and a different player actually had a number of stacks.

This iRating stuff is very confusing. Any help figuring this out would be awesome.

Thanks guys!

The higher you gear rating the more stacks you will have. At irating 306 you will be at the max of 30 stacks. I am not certain at what point you start to gain irating buff stacks but as you increase your gear irating you will eventually get one stack, and as your irating increases you will gain more stacks until the cap of 30 at irating 306.

So, I have bought and used several master datacrons. While doing the original story lines, I am obviously wearing 270 gear.

If you're still wearing the gear from the Master's Datacron bundle, you are wearing 230, not 270. The only gear above 258 for characters below level 75 is the green 268s that drop in little cans as mission rewards during the Onslaught story on Onderon / Mek-Sha.

The higher you gear rating the more stacks you will have. At irating 306 you will be at the max of 30 stacks. I am not certain at what point you start to gain irating buff stacks but as you increase your gear irating you will eventually get one stack, and as your irating increases you will gain more stacks until the cap of 30 at irating 306.

iRAVE stacks start being above zero when you are at or above iRating 270. The other poster is probably still wearing the 230s from the MD bundle.

If you're still wearing the gear from the Master's Datacron bundle, you are wearing 230, not 270. The only gear above 258 for characters below level 75 is the green 268s that drop in little cans as mission rewards during the Onslaught story on Onderon / Mek-Sha.

Once I hit 75, I have 270+ gear saved up. I put that on, as whatever is an actual upgrade for me.

I just checked. It does give me stacks. Finally.

I was a bit confused, and sent in a ticket because I didn't know, and they just gave me a link to this thread.

Thank you for your help understanding. (Sorry I asked about this after reading the whole post and replies. I honestly thought I still had 0 stacks even on my 75's)