Stwor PVP is an art form....learned with a guild.

Nickodemous

I have been silent, for various reasons.....

Just an observation....

There has never been a time, more needed, for some pvp guilds. I am not promoting <Truck You>. Although you might think that I am promoting, perhaps, the greatest pvp guild ever........I am not, Nor am I recruiting.

Grouping and playing in a pvp guild is important right now. PREMADE AWAY! MAKE IT HAPPEN.

You cannot sit here and complain about pvp if you don't know how. Swtor pvp is complex. I am complex.

Learn from others, group, you will benefit from it.

Too bad there are no PvP guilds recruiting, and all guilds that claim to PvP really mean that 1 or 2 guys out of the 100 online trying to fill that 1 dps slot for nim nefra might be interested in an unranked or 2.

Too bad there are no PvP guilds recruiting, and all guilds that claim to PvP really mean that 1 or 2 guys out of the 100 online trying to fill that 1 dps slot for nim nefra might be interested in an unranked or 2.

There is at least one real PVP guild with many members on Darth Malgus rep side.

Pvp guilds are dead. Many ppl I know who are pvpers are all in different guilds for the conquest rewards ect. Rarely will u see a premade of all the same guild. If there's no pvp content pvp guilds will cease to exist. Need a big revamp although I don't think ur ever getting all the pvpers back who left when 8 v 8 ranked died.

This is not necessarily true.

To contribute to a guild you need to get the most out of your class, you cannot do that learning to play with guard heals and someone covering your back.

Learn to play solo, then learn to play in a group.

Theres a place for both, if fact in my opinion a requirement for both.

Like they say you gotta love yourself before you can love anyone else :)

There aren't that many players who only pvp, so most players who queue aren't really looking for that type of guild with a very narrow focus.

And let's be real, there's a stigma attached to the pvp community as being the most toxic player base within swtor. Most players casually interested in pvp want nothing to do with that and would rather queue solo or with guildmates from a larger scale or casual guild.

Edited by waisting

After having the pleasure of playing a few matches today, pvp guilds are more important than ever. There is no training anymore. No nothing. In fact, on the various servers I play.....I cannot think of one pvp guild that stands out.

I will tell you all, pvp guilds are a benefit. When there are 27 online and you running 5-6 groups, queueing at that same time.....well. You all need to figure it out.

Pre made away....

If you are complaining about the state of pvp....you are a part of the problem. It a simple fix....kick *** together.

EDIT: I am not fixing this....this is on you all!

Edited by Nickodemous

If you are complaining about the state of pvp....you are a part of the problem. It a simple fix....kick *** together.

You are foolish and have poor reading comprehension. Identifying a problem is the first step in solving it. For example, me "complaining about pvp" is what got several people to mention their theories on why it is bad, which is another step in fixing problems.

A big part of the problem that I mention is that a vast majority of players simply aren't interested in group PvP. I think it's likely due to a vast majority of MMO players only being interested in numbers on their character sheet. All they need to do is max out those weekly quests, and pre-mades tend to make things slightly slower due to not logging in at the same time, waiting for early birds to get out of their current scenario, etc.

I'm an old-school MMOer so utilizing a /friend network to find groups is nothing new to me. Each of my 4 mains is in a different guild and discord. I'm in several /chats which are constantly being spammed with LFG for NiM Nefra. Yet it is almost impossible to find PvP partners. I have been in a full group once so far.

The players are the problem, but the only way to fix it is for the devs to make it so pre-made pvp is better at making numbers go up on their character sheet. Instead they've gone in the opposite direction by making losses count for the weekly, since people can just grind out numbers unthinkingly to an even greater degree. I truly wonder what they think the point is? I had 326 gear after 1 or 2 weekly resets, full 326 gear for my 3 other characters with another 1 or 2 weekly resets. AFAIK pvp doesn't help with gearing up 327+. Does SWTOR really get this many new players that need to gear up? Are they bad at gearing up? What is it?

You are foolish and have poor reading comprehension. Identifying a problem is the first step in solving it. For example, me "complaining about pvp" is what got several people to mention their theories on why it is bad, which is another step in fixing problems.

A big part of the problem that I mention is that a vast majority of players simply aren't interested in group PvP. I think it's likely due to a vast majority of MMO players only being interested in numbers on their character sheet. All they need to do is max out those weekly quests, and pre-mades tend to make things slightly slower due to not logging in at the same time, waiting for early birds to get out of their current scenario, etc.

I'm an old-school MMOer so utilizing a /friend network to find groups is nothing new to me. Each of my 4 mains is in a different guild and discord. I'm in several /chats which are constantly being spammed with LFG for NiM Nefra. Yet it is almost impossible to find PvP partners. I have been in a full group once so far.

The players are the problem, but the only way to fix it is for the devs to make it so pre-made pvp is better at making numbers go up on their character sheet. Instead they've gone in the opposite direction by making losses count for the weekly, since people can just grind out numbers unthinkingly to an even greater degree. I truly wonder what they think the point is? I had 326 gear after 1 or 2 weekly resets, full 326 gear for my 3 other characters with another 1 or 2 weekly resets. AFAIK pvp doesn't help with gearing up 327+. Does SWTOR really get this many new players that need to gear up? Are they bad at gearing up? What is it?

Once again, it the devs problem to fix pvp....

No, you are incorrect, it the players who need to fix pvp. I am so tired of people on these forums ************ about it a dev problem.

There was a time when pvp was great, it not now, nor will it be again as long as people like you think you know.

Trash, is what we like to deliver now. You all have no clue what it used to be, how great it was.

But it people like you who think they know and perpetuate the negativity.....

WOW pvp sucks, it super slow and boring. You all have a platform that is fast, mobile, and aggressive. You all who can't handle it cry about it all the time. God the crying sucks! LTP! Swtor....is not that **** game wow!

Edited by Nickodemous

No, you are incorrect, it the players who need to fix pvp. I am so tired of people on these forums about it a dev problem.

It is 100% a dev problem. The pvp community has told them over and over again what needs to be changed. I'm not talking about some rando posting on the forums. I mean the actual theory crafters with hard details and facts. There used to be specs broken down to minute details and how to change to make a positive environment.

The devs have never listened or don't have the resources to. Both are on them. Not listening to some of the best info ever provided is just arrogance. Not having the resources is a poor salesman job to who ever makes the decisions. Every project needs to be sold to the investors, that's how the world works.

Based on the interviews that we have from ex swtor dev Daniel Erickson. They are not good at selling ideals to the main decision maker. Totally on them.

I found the interview link from a long time ago. http://dulfy.net/2018/08/22/swtor-former-developer-daniel-erickson-talks-game-development/

• 1 month later...

There aren't pvp guilds? So I'm just getting excited and leveling up in a dead game (for pvp content)? This game and even more so the pvp in this game seems hella complex and I figured once I hit 80 I HAVE to join a guild to learn the ins/outs (plus I enjoy being in an active guild). I'm happy to take the time to learn it all but what's the point if the current state of "end game" pvp is dead? I guess I should be taking all the PVP is dead in this game comments seriously? I just figured it was the normal gaming/nerd culture online rage.

Damn, I spent all that money on cartel coins for nothing. :p:p:p

Edited by Degato-Nafix

No, you are incorrect, it the players who need to fix pvp. I am so tired of people on these forums ************ about it a dev problem.

There was a time when pvp was great, it not now, nor will it be again as long as people like you think you know.

Trash, is what we like to deliver now. You all have no clue what it used to be, how great it was.

But it people like you who think they know and perpetuate the negativity.....

WOW pvp sucks, it super slow and boring. You all have a platform that is fast, mobile, and aggressive. You all who can't handle it cry about it all the time. God the crying sucks! LTP! Swtor....is not that **** game wow!

I don't get your point. Aside from solo queueing regs sometimes are you mad that you have to solo queue regs because you have no friends or are you mad that other people who do it get mad and cry on the forum?

There aren't pvp guilds? So I'm just getting excited and leveling up in a dead game (for pvp content)? This game and even more so the pvp in this game seems hella complex and I figured once I hit 80 I HAVE to join a guild to learn the ins/outs (plus I enjoy being in an active guild). I'm happy to take the time to learn it all but what's the point if the current state of "end game" pvp is dead? I guess I should be taking all the PVP is dead in this game comments seriously? I just figured it was the normal gaming/nerd culture online rage.

Damn, I spent all that money on cartel coins for nothing. :p:p:p

You don't really need anyone to "learn" pvp, does running premades with comms help? Sure! But you can solo queue till your hearts content and have fun. Personally I wouldn't go rated till you have a group or have extensive experience in regs and fully geared up. But like every MMO PVP there are always forums full of tears and salt, if there wasn't then you would know that the pvp scene was actually dead in a game.

You don't really need anyone to "learn" pvp, does running premades with comms help? Sure! But you can solo queue till your hearts content and have fun. Personally I wouldn't go rated till you have a group or have extensive experience in regs and fully geared up. But like every MMO PVP there are always forums full of tears and salt, if there wasn't then you would know that the pvp scene was actually dead in a game.

It's the gaming system more then learning PVP. I've been pvping in MMOs since EQ1. LOL! Just want to learn about gear, augments, how to farm gear efficiently etc. Yes, comms for randoms makes pvp and pve gaming way more fun.

I'm having a blast soloing queueing my way to 80. The Sorc seems like a great solo choice so far.

• 2 weeks later...
The "artform" is using classes with the most stuns and spam-able movement slowing AOE's.

Swtor pvp is the fastest, most mobile pvp I have ever played. You want to complain about stuns and spam-able movement slowing AOE'S? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....sec, got to catch my breath....hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

You all don't know what you want or don't want....complaining is your only option!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edit: if you don't like getting trucked....join a guild. :eek:

Edited by Nickodemous

It true, pvp is all about getting to work with a group, win as a group, and talk **** as a group. There is not a guild out there that can do that now.....there used to be!

Then why are there 1000 people complaining about "toxic ranked premades in voice killing me over and over again, not play objective :mad:"

Those guilds that just have fun in voice do exist. The difference is that if they have bunch of kills without dying they won even if they lost, which is the difference I guess.

Then why are there 1000 people complaining about "toxic ranked premades in voice killing me over and over again, not play objective :mad:"

Those guilds that just have fun in voice do exist. The difference is that if they have bunch of kills without dying they won even if they lost, which is the difference I guess.

First, I was not referring to ranked.

Second, pvp guilds can own a map. Good for them!

You should have two goals in that instance, either you figure out a way to beat them or join them.

I think people have lost sight as to what pvp actually is. It not about getting feelings hurt or about getting owned in a match....but how you play and how much you contribute to the match.

Play with a guild who pvp's. I think your opinion would change.

Edited by Nickodemous
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...