Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Electro net is too overpowered and must be reworked

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Electro net is too overpowered and must be reworked

bladech's Avatar


bladech
06.30.2021 , 12:35 PM | #1
In pvp when operative/scoundrel is netted and focused - he is doomed, even he uses vanish he will do two rolls while in stealth and then he gets revealed and KILLED without stealth. Any other class can be stun chained, netted and killed. If guy doesn't break stun - he is dead, if he breaks stun and gets net - he is also dead because electro net blocks him from using all safe abilities. Seriousely, whose brilliant idea was to provide such overpowered ability in the game which has tonnes of stuns from all classes? stun-stun-net = dead. How is that supposed to provide competition and fun?
Supporting my threads or comments? You like pvp? Click on my link to help my get some goodies

http://www.swtor.com/r/QKZXBf

Saikochoro's Avatar


Saikochoro
06.30.2021 , 05:31 PM | #2
Electro not is a powerful ability and can be annoying for sure. However, it is a necessary evil in my opinion. Without net healer sorcs/sages would be even more of a pain to kill than they already are. Concealment operatives would also be much more of a pain. Many classes have too many get out of jail free cards as it is and net is the sole counter for those.

That said, you can still work around net. First, do not break stuns. As a merc I will stun my target even if it will white bar them in the hopes that they will break the stun. If I hear them break the stun, I will then net them and kill them with impunity. The anti escape aspect of net can be broken. It will still damage you if you move, but in the case of operatives that is negligible especially if you are concealment. Break the net and roll off their big hitters. Pop a couple probes on and you should outlast the net. Then you can escape combat and go invisible to run away and heal up.

Again, the best counter is to save your breaker for net and use other cooldowns proactively to survive the short stuns.

Enticy's Avatar


Enticy
07.01.2021 , 03:15 PM | #3
Electro net isnít that big of a problem. However, being netted multiple times is cancer. It should act the same way stuns do and contribute to white barring players, or there should be a buff that Electro Net applies that makes you immune to it for two minutes after it wears off.

omaan's Avatar


omaan
07.04.2021 , 05:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Saikochoro View Post
Electro not is a powerful ability and can be annoying for sure. However, it is a necessary evil in my opinion. Without net healer sorcs/sages would be even more of a pain to kill than they already are. Concealment operatives would also be much more of a pain. Many classes have too many get out of jail free cards as it is and net is the sole counter for those.

That said, you can still work around net. First, do not break stuns. As a merc I will stun my target even if it will white bar them in the hopes that they will break the stun. If I hear them break the stun, I will then net them and kill them with impunity. The anti escape aspect of net can be broken. It will still damage you if you move, but in the case of operatives that is negligible especially if you are concealment. Break the net and roll off their big hitters. Pop a couple probes on and you should outlast the net. Then you can escape combat and go invisible to run away and heal up.

Again, the best counter is to save your breaker for net and use other cooldowns proactively to survive the short stuns.
YEAH when it comes killing operatives you need it. But the problem is that net kills everything. Pts, marauders, sages, juggernauts. It literally paralyzes any victim. I guess net's duration must be reduced if not removed at all because now i see noobs mercs winning just because of reflect and net. They dont need any skill to play, they just use net after stun or after breaker while saving themselves with reflect. Jesus the most dumb class in the game, i saw so many unskilled mercs winning in ranked, unranked just because of overpowered electro net

Voroschuk's Avatar


Voroschuk
07.06.2021 , 02:25 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by bladech View Post
In pvp when operative/scoundrel is netted and focused - he is doomed, even he uses vanish he will do two rolls while in stealth and then he gets revealed and KILLED without stealth. Any other class can be stun chained, netted and killed. If guy doesn't break stun - he is dead, if he breaks stun and gets net - he is also dead because electro net blocks him from using all safe abilities. Seriousely, whose brilliant idea was to provide such overpowered ability in the game which has tonnes of stuns from all classes? stun-stun-net = dead. How is that supposed to provide competition and fun?
Oh, poor operatives, lol. Electro Net is the only answer to all that crazy amount of escapes, teleports, rolls, force barriers etc. And I think it's weird that only mercs have that kind of ability, every class that doesn't have much for them in terms of kiting should get some hindering ability. Something to prevent from being hindered few times in a row would be a must tho.

Lord_Malganus's Avatar


Lord_Malganus
07.10.2021 , 05:02 PM | #6
A lot of on steroid things in several specs toolkits need reworking for sure, but electronet is not one of them.

-Holmes's Avatar


-Holmes
07.11.2021 , 02:48 AM | #7
Buff rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine.
-A rock.
What's star wars?

bladech's Avatar


bladech
07.20.2021 , 04:07 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
Buff rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine.
-A rock.
you are pretty wrong here, iam playing mercenary too and i see how this ability is overpowered. Considering this game has tonnes of stuns (operative has 2, sin had stun + leg slash, sorcs's stun with proper utility has only 30 seconds cooldown etc) having something which blocks save abilities even when you have full whitebar is way too overpowered. Literally the focused guy is doomed. How can someone except another merc survive double stun + electro net when 3-4 guys are on him? And it's only merc who has this overpowered thing. Net can be kept only if you remove half of stuns and roots in this game literally
Supporting my threads or comments? You like pvp? Click on my link to help my get some goodies

http://www.swtor.com/r/QKZXBf

Enticy's Avatar


Enticy
07.20.2021 , 07:40 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by bladech View Post
you are pretty wrong here, iam playing mercenary too and i see how this ability is overpowered. Considering this game has tonnes of stuns (operative has 2, sin had stun + leg slash, sorcs's stun with proper utility has only 30 seconds cooldown etc) having something which blocks save abilities even when you have full whitebar is way too overpowered. Literally the focused guy is doomed. How can someone except another merc survive double stun + electro net when 3-4 guys are on him? And it's only merc who has this overpowered thing. Net can be kept only if you remove half of stuns and roots in this game literally
A well focused person who gets stunned repeatedly is dead with or without net. And I f someone has the skill to survive being focused by 3-4 people normally, thereís a solid chance they will survive being netted. Hell, Iíve survived net on almost every class. As I said, the real problem is being netted multiple times in a row, which is a class stacking issue, and one that exists in every class, not just Merc.

Iymurra's Avatar


Iymurra
07.25.2021 , 07:35 PM | #10
Something that bugs me about these threads calling concealment ops overpowered with no counters... is that people don't actually talk about the counter.

Roots

its that simple

They don't build resolve, have low CDs, and prevent operatives from rolling.
They can be cleansed (uses a gcd), evaded (uses a dcd), broken (stunbreaker or threat drop), or circumvented (utility that no-one takes in PvP). All those things have fairly long cds and will let you wreck an operative in the meantime.

There are a lot of dcds and abilities for which e-net is the hard counter, but to my mind only sorc bubble has no other hardcounter.
Pretty Much Everything, but Mostly
(Operative) (Mercenary)