Now that EA has lost the exclusivity deal with Disney, what is gonna happen next.

Redlotusx

I think, this is really really bad news. I'm on my last day of subscription and i will not renew it. I believe, we will not see the 10 year anniversary expansion anymore. It will only be a very small story update and servers will close shortly after. We always knew, that EA has a deal with Star Wars till 2022.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Seriously dude, people have been saying this for 10 years now. Will this game shut down? Yes, it will. All games eventually do. Will it be tomorrow? No. Will it be before the 10 year mark? Doubtful. Will it happen someday? Yes, sadly it will. All things end eventually.

But seriously, if I had a nickel for every time a player over the years claimed DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! upon this game, I'd be richer than Jeff Bezos.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

• 1 month later...

Fear not, friends. Dark Age of Camelot is 20 years older than this game, and still going. Its playerbase is far less, and I don't think it's supported by a cash shop.

As long as that game exists, there will be a SWTOR.

It could always go down the same road as SWG...which would be amazing, considering how things improved in that game after it was "shut down."

Well, back to YouTube...which has videos from brilliant people predicting the end of SWTOR every year since 2012 (and probably before, to be honest).

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like the people thinking it's gonna "shut down" are just trolls, I wouldn't listen to them. :mon_rolleyes:

The devs never said it'd shut down, they haven't even announced that it would. So obviously their just old players trolling.

• 2 months later...
We will see a increase of promotional items from other star wars games going forward much we have seen promotional items in the past decade for everything recently released star wars content at that time. some will be cartel market other will be freely given in the mail part of disney/lucas actually pushing promotionals on EA and Bioware. Other than that really doesnt change much for swtor.