Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

Liavain
12.13.2011 , 08:46 AM | #581
So... Any answers to why my code entry page said 21st a few days ago and now says 25th?

DarthVenizen
12.13.2011 , 08:46 AM | #582
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPravus View Post
119K preorders on july 30th. 940k on dec 10th. add 20k for weekly change. 960k divided by 7 is 137k. 137k was about August 2nd? So if you preorderd at the start of august you should get an email right lol
all those pre order numbers are wrong because they do not take into account online retailers
[COLOR="Green"]Jedi Covenant
Vencu - Darkness Tank
SWG & SWTOR Launch player JTL/GSF Junkie

ZPriest
12.13.2011 , 08:46 AM | #583
Quote: Originally Posted by SuicidalEwok View Post
Pre-order code registered 21st July, still no code . Wonders how people who registered since that date have access already.
I feel for you man I really do. You should definately be in before me. Im still not in yet and i pre-ordered July 22nd and redeemed the code that night at 8:11pm pacifc. Seen people on the 22nd getting in, as well as 23rd. Even saw a Novemeber redemption in already.
"Come Get Some"

potroast
12.13.2011 , 08:46 AM | #584
Quote: Originally Posted by Diablo_the_lord View Post
According to this I'm not getting in until the 19th. lol
pretty impressive since last day on that gif is the 18th.

glad I am up to LOL at the babies

sjcooper
12.13.2011 , 08:46 AM | #585
Quote: Originally Posted by Baibu View Post
Warn people ahead of their personal early access timings (like the beta's, doh). Sorry, i dont like this mail at day system at all, complete BS. People could make plans accordingly, so its not about "i have to get in now" but like the beta's were people were informed AHEAD of the timings/access.
They have said multiple times that they're working with a flexible system here. It could go very smoothly, and thus you'd get in fast, or have a very rocky start, thus you'd get in slow. It's not a case of them stuttering for the sake of it, or just to irritate you; they're doing this to make the launch functional. If people can't see the logic in that, I suppose there's nothing I can do to stop them feeling betrayed and hateful.

If you have such a busy life that you're having to make time to play, then just get your stuff done before the 18th or 19th and play when you definitely can!

Harewood
12.13.2011 , 08:46 AM | #586
Does anyone know if these email waves will continue 24/7 or if each 'day' will have invite downtime?

Or in other words, is there any point in going to bed tonight?

Mikroswitch
12.13.2011 , 08:46 AM | #587
11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch <<< The date you can Patch or download the game
07.23.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order << The date you entered your code and where you stand date wise for early access

so if my 90 mins per wave theory is correct wave3 should be in about 30 mins for next batch
< THE MiK LEGACY >
Mikrosurgery : Sawbones
Mikroswitch : Vanguard

frotty
12.13.2011 , 08:47 AM | #588
Quote: Originally Posted by phenla View Post
If this is anywhere near accurate, it tells me more than anything I have heard from any other source. It is very easy to see where you will likely fall from this.

Thank you.
I can make up numbers too and pretend its correct.

What would be easier is if they said "here's how many we're letting in every wave, and how many waves we're doing a day, etc."

Basically everyone in this thread who's claiming people are whining obviously have no job or obligations where they need to schedule time for this. Must be nice having 7 days to wait around and start playing as soon as you get the code.

I have today and tomorrow. If I'm not in by then I basically don't have any time to play pre-launch.

This is literally the first time any MMO handled early access this way, and it basically sucks. If they're doing "server stability" tests at this point in the game... there are bigger problems.

How they can even tell that at a non-primetime capacity is beyond me. The real testing starts at primetime when everyone has access.

So NO U

wyodragon
12.13.2011 , 08:47 AM | #589
So sad getting into beta que was faster then geting into the luanch of the game
NerfHerder

OskarAhlbin
12.13.2011 , 08:47 AM | #590
i have 08.02.2011 date, maybe i get in on 24:th to start play