PvP class with lowest amount of buttons?

LordMalekai

Hi, needing a class with a lower of amount of keybinds that can do decent in PvP. (This is a physical wrist issue thing..)

Apparently you can spec out carnage with max alacrity and then mostly just spam 1 button - Is this the case?

Arsenal is okay but kinda boring. IO is a little bit better.

Lightning sorcerer or powertech dps was another option I was considering.

Sniper I found easy in PvE but very hard in PvP.

Deception seems okay rotation wise.

arsenal is the easiest, but I think every spec includes basically the same number of buttons if you play it right. even arsenal has heals and dcds that fill-up the number of abilities you need to kb. even cleanse needs to be used to get rid of a sniper's root (e.g.). If limited mobility is your issue, I suggest one of two things:

1. look into using alt keys so that you can use the same handful of keys for twice as many binds
  2. similarly, look into rotating your main quickbar. it's effectively the same thing as the prior suggestion, but it lets you scroll through quick bars allowing you to shift up and down through quick bars the way you would shift gears on a motorcycle. it's more versatile than alt keys, but it's a little harder because you can lose track of which "gear" or quick bar that you're on without looking down at the bars.

the really good players don't look at the bars at all. they just list a slew of cds in a visible place.

MMO mice have default switches (near the scroll wheel) that will swap key maps for you so that you can overlay and scroll through two or more keybind "maps" on the mouse alone. personally, I find that harder to use b/c it requires a lot of dexterity in the fingers around the mouse, and the buttons are as responsive as mechanical keys. but if you hold the mouse properly (I don't) it can work really well.

Edited by CheesyEZ

I'm pretty sure carnage mara with the fanged god form tactical is the least number of buttons to do good damage, provided you're being healed of course.

Yes, Carnage Marauder (and Tank Powertech) have the least amount of buttons in the game.

There is a set up you can use to make Rage Juggernaut also the least buttons in the game.

Edited by SOULCASTER

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, needing a class with a lower of amount of keybinds that can do decent in PvP. (This is a physical wrist issue thing..)

Apparently you can spec out carnage with max alacrity and then mostly just spam 1 button - Is this the case?

Arsenal is okay but kinda boring. IO is a little bit better.

Lightning sorcerer or powertech dps was another option I was considering.

Sniper I found easy in PvE but very hard in PvP.

Deception seems okay rotation wise.

I would suggest you stay away from guardian operative sniper and sage as those all have allot of buttons IMO sniper is not easy but has less buttons generaly depending on how high you want to go

Carnage mara is a lie yes its a one buttons spec in some sence but not quite to get the most out of it like all other specs you do need allot of buttons it has some of the least in the rotation but thats not the point most of your keybinds are for interrupts cc mobility healing cooldowns defensives ECT you need all of those tools in pvp regardless of class having 2-4 less/more buttons prolly wont fix some of the issues you will run into Best you just play what you enjoy,

If you trully want the least ammount of buttons arsenal merc or madness sorc imo you will get eaten alive with both atm especialy maddness but those have the least ammount of buttons merc because most of there good stuff is on a few buttons and madness sorces because they lack anything good XD

• 2 weeks later...

In terms of key bind slots and the least amount of buttons that you have to constantly use it'd be a sorcerer with no real competition. It's also in a good spot and not difficult to play in regs.

Carnage marauder would be true if you're playing PvE but, you're just going to have a bad time playing a melee if you want the least amount of buttons, along with that it is incredibly squishy. Here's a good example of what it's like as a

, though keep in mind this is my main since the end of 1.0.

Then here is another example, this time of

. This is the class and character I started the game on and PvE'd with lightning back in 2.0 while it does look like I have more things on my bars, I have to use them way less often than other classes.

3 rows of 12 usually covers most classes in the game when it comes to abilities. The only one really needing more is IO mercenary. I keybind extra things like grenade, medpacs, buff, and regen. Which I would recommend doing so too.