Voice Actors Other Works

Hadsil

Obviously those who do the voices of the game are in other works, but it becomes jarring when I recognize them. Here I am watching an old Fantastic Four cartoon when Tharan Cedrax is trying to kill our heroes. It's the villain of the week, but it's Tharan doing the talking. I'm expecting Holiday to show up. Another cartoon, a later version of Fantastic Four, and there's our annoying Republic ship protocol droid as the computer security system of the Baxter Building. He's less annoying there.

Theron Shan everywhere.

Troy Baker, the voice actor for Theron Shan(and Zenith) has been around. You'd recognize his work as Joel from The Last Of Us and Logan Thackery from GW2.

Also to note: Jennifer Hale=Female Sheppard from Mass Effect=Female Trooper/Satele Shan

Edited by TonyTricicolo

Troy Baker, the voice actor for Theron Shan(and Zenith) has been around. You'd recognize his work as Joel from The Last Of Us and Logan Thackery from GW2.

And various people in the Wayrest part of ESO.

Also to note: Jennifer Hale=Female Sheppard from Mass Effect=Female Trooper/Satele Shan

And the female player Sylvari for GW2.

Others I've heard (I don't know all the VA's real names, nor their "stage" names):

* Koth Vortena voices Zalambur in GW2/Path of Fire and assorted people in ESO

* Lana Beniko voices various people in ESO, notably the head of the Gold Coast Dark Brotherhood sanctuary.

I played MELE last year and was amazed to realize that Troy played everybody's most hated assassin Kai Leng. There were a couple other regular VAs from tor there too, I've definitely heard the guy who plays Kyrus in the JC class story in MELE and some other stuff. I also recognized Laura Bailey (Kira) in ME3, as Dr. Eva Core and Oriana.

Steve Blum everywhere too.

Just recently I heard Jolee Bindo (Kevin Michael Richardson) playing the child of the emperor Jedi you hear in 7.1. I googled it to find out his name and realized he's been around forever as Jace Malcom.

My favorite VA is Jonathan Cake, Thanaton's VA. He has a very distinctive voice. In addition to Thanaton, you can hear him in the Justicar area on Coruscant, Grathan, Haresh (Vowrawn's bodyguard on Corellia), General Griest (SW act 3 on Hoth), etc. I haven't heard him in other games though.

Edited by Ardrossan

Vette's voice actress plays Padme in the Clone Wars series.

Jennifer Hale plays Lyris in ESO (still having a hard time playing a female trooper for that reason LOL).

Grey Delisle voices the female agent edit: bounty hunter and Azula in Avatar.

Lacey Chabert is Mako - and Gretchen Wieners!!! (Maybe Braden invented sweet cakes?)

And, I still love that Brian Bloom (Varric in the Dragon Age games) voices the male trooper!

Speaking of Dragon Age, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Indira Varma, everyone's favorite undercover rebel in the Obi-Wan series, voices Vivienne from Dragon Age!

Edited by Jephryp
Correcting my own error

I first got to know Troy Baker for his role as Stelljaw from Transformers: RID. He voiced a lot of transformers characters.

And various people in the Wayrest part of ESO.

And the female player Sylvari for GW2.

Others I've heard (I don't know all the VA's real names, nor their "stage" names):

* Koth Vortena voices Zalambur in GW2/Path of Fire and assorted people in ESO

* Lana Beniko voices various people in ESO, notably the head of the Gold Coast Dark Brotherhood sanctuary.

I like Lydia Leonard's voice a lot from Whitechapel (a great UK TV series).

My all time fav will always be the male Agent narrating cute wild cat documentary:

Agent: he (the cat) may look like a kitten.

Cat: *tiny meow*

Grey Delisle voices the female agent and Azula in Avatar.

Bounty Hunter Female, rather. Female Agent is Jo Wyatt, also from Fem!Hawke in the Dragon Age games. She has a distinctive clipped British accent that bleeds through a lot of her roles, she plays a Zabrak in 7.0 and it's lulzy hearing her and Female Agent at the same time. She also plays Malora but the Onslaught version has voice modulation to better disguise her.

This side quest NPC on Hutta is voiced by Keythe Farley, the same actor who does Thane Krios from Mass Effect 2 AND his weird delivery of words is exactly the same in both games!! LOL ha ha :)

Actually, I'm wrong Kraay's voice actor is Corey Burton.

Here is the full list if anyone is interested:http://https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1320395/fullcredits/cast

PS: The whole time I went around thinking Kaliyo and Jack from ME were the same actress. I'm such a D umb A ss. lol

Edited by TonyTricicolo
  • Like 1

She also plays Malora but the Onslaught version has voice modulation to better disguise her.

Ah, that's cool, I'm usually good at picking up who's playing who, but I totally missed that one.

One of my favorite voice actors has always been Brian Bloom - the male Trooper - he was Blazkowicz in the new Wolfenstein games (New Order, Old Blood, etc.), "Central" in XCOM 2 and Black Mask in Batman Arkham Origins... where Troy Baker (Theron, Zenith) was the Joker.

Speaking of which, Grey Griffin - the female Bounty Hunter - was Catwoman in Arkham City and Arkham Knight.

I also have no idea why they went with Nolan North for the Consular, he was Deadpool for chrissakes, he would've been a much better smuggler or some other lighter character.

• He sounds different, but David Haytor of Solid Snake fame voices Male Jedi Knight.
  • Kath Soucie, who voices Female Smuggler, has done a ton of other voices in animations including Phil and Lil in Rugrats.
  • Moira Quirk who voiced Elara Dorne trooper companion was a co-host/referee on GUTS Nickelodeon show.
  • Of course, Tom Kane voices a ton of characters in SWTOR, KOTOR, other Star Wars games, and TV shows. At one time he was the official voice of Yoda for everything except the movies.
  • Tara Strong, known for voicing Bubbles in Powerpuff Girls, also voices Risha smuggler companion and Holiday, Tharan's hologram.
  • Neil Kaplan, voice of Skadge bounty hunter companion, also voiced Tychus Findlay in Starcraft 2.
  • Ali Hillis voices numerous side characters in SWTOR also did Liara T'Soni in Mass Effect series and Lightning in Final Fantasy 13.
  • Cam Clarke voices lots of side characters in SWTOR and is pretty prolific in the voice acting business like Kratos in Tales of Symphonia.
  • D.C. Douglas also voices lots of side characters in SWTOR and also did Legion in Mass Effect 2-3 and Albert Wesker in lots of Resident Evil games.
  • Fred Tatasciore, another prolific voice actor, does a bunch of side characters in SWTOR as well as Saren Arterius in Mass Effect, Zeratul in Starcraft 2, and Soldier: 76 in Overwatch.
  • Gideon Emery also voices side characters in SWTOR and outside SWTOR: Fenris in Dragon Age 2 and Male Crusader in Diablo 3.
  • Jen Taylor did a few side characters in SWTOR and is famous for voicing Cortana in Halo series.
  • Jim Cummings voices Master Oteg in SWTOR (plus others) and also does Minsc in Baldur's Gate, Winnie the Pooh. and tons of other roles.

There's probably lots more. I just don't have time to go through the whole list.

Bounty Hunter Female, rather. Female Agent is Jo Wyatt, also from Fem!Hawke in the Dragon Age games. She has a distinctive clipped British accent that bleeds through a lot of her roles, she plays a Zabrak in 7.0 and it's lulzy hearing her and Female Agent at the same time. She also plays Malora but the Onslaught version has voice modulation to better disguise her.

Shoot dang, you're right...my bad! I'll correct my post. Thanks!

Actually, I'm wrong here. Koth does, indeed, voice Zalambur, but the various people in ESO that I'm thinking of are all voiced by Andronikos Revel.

Andronikos is Wolverine in the Japanese anime X-Men series.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon. It's supposed to be Nebula. I hear Hylo Visz.

Troy Baker voices Loki. There is not a hint of Theron.

Some voice actors use their normal voice. Others change them for the character. Nothing wrong with either, just different.

Jorgan (Timothy Odmundson) does a bunch of real life acting: he played Cain on Supernatural and has a bunch of bit sitcom roles. He sounds exactly the same as he does in the game.

According to the wiki he was also in KOTOR2, which is surprising, I can't remember hearing his voice at all.

Malgus' VA was in Dragon Age: Awakening as the Architect (his best role imo), in Dragon Age 2 as a templar knight who helped mages (forgot his name), in SW: Empire at War as Veers and in KOTOR2 as Azkul.

Rivix's VA was in Dragon Age 2 as well (Fenris), and had an entirely obscene amount of wood elf/dark elf roles in ESO. Literally like every third elf except Altmer. :eek:

//At this point he could as well give himself pointy ears IRL and just roll with it. :D

Edited by NemuriKyoshiro

• 6 months later...

Here's one I missed for a long time: Dr. Godera (JK story) and Grommik Thurson (republic tat planet quest) are played by the same guy, George Coe. He died in 2015, and best known for playing Woodhouse (the butler dude) on the cartoon Archer