How do decorations work when you transfer servers?

Screaming_Ziva

I have characters on Satele Shan and Star Forge (Star Forge being my main) and I want to transfer a couple character over to Satele Shan. I already have a legacy on Satele and a stronghold. Which (if any) decos will transfer over with me? Will it take the max number per decoration between Satele Shan and Star Forge and set it to that number? Or, do none transfer over?

All decorations will transfer. There is a caveat: highest number wins.

If you have 5 of something on the destination server, and you have 20 of them from the source server, you will have 20 on the destination server after a transfer, not 25.

Edited by xordevoreaux

All decorations will transfer. There is a caveat: highest number wins.

If you have 5 of something on the destination server, and you have 20 of them from the source server, you will have 20 on the destination server after a transfer, not 25.

Thanks, I thought that was it but wanted to make sure.

I have characters on Satele Shan and Star Forge (Star Forge being my main) and I want to transfer a couple character over to Satele Shan. I already have a legacy on Satele and a stronghold. Which (if any) decos will transfer over with me? Will it take the max number per decoration between Satele Shan and Star Forge and set it to that number? Or, do none transfer over?

Mounts, pets, and companions, if you count them as decorations, won't transfer.

Mounts, pets, and companions, if you count them as decorations, won't transfer.

True, but once your character arrives and reactivates (if necessary) the stronghold(s), you can place decorations for the companions/pets/mounts that *this* character has, just as you could before. In essence, those three types of decoration are generated automatically on a one-per-stronghold basis by the character, and are not, in the usual sense, decorations at all. (By that, I mean that there are no decoration counts for them. If the stronghold doesn't have a decoration for Companion X or Pet Y or Mount Z that the character has, you can place one. If it does have one, you can't place another.)

What about strongholds themselves? Say, you have a coruscant stronghold and the character you transfer has a coruscant stronghold. Will you now have 2 coruscant strongholds?

I know it was this way for "involuntary" transfers ...when server merger took place a few years ago I ended up with duplicate strongholds on Shan. :ph_danger::csw_guard:

What about strongholds themselves? Say, you have a coruscant stronghold and the character you transfer has a coruscant stronghold. Will you now have 2 coruscant strongholds?

I know it was this way for "involuntary" transfers ...when server merger took place a few years ago I ended up with duplicate strongholds on Shan. :ph_danger::csw_guard:

Strongholds will transfer, but are not additive. On Star Forge, I have two DK strongholds, but that occurred as a by-product of a server merge. In just transferring a toon (and hence legacy) to another server, you will have a net increase in strongholds only for those strongholds that you didn't already have on the destination server.

So, for example, if I only had a NS stronghold on the destination server, but on the source server that I was transferring from I had NS, DK, and CS, the destination server, after the transfer, would have 1 NS, 1 DK, and 1 CS strongholds.

Note: You will NOT HAVE any stronghold transfer that you bought with credits! For a stronghold to transfer with your legacy, it must be a legacy-purchased stronghold (with cartel coins).

The room unlocks transfer regardless of purchase method, but upon landing on the destination server, you may have to run through each room of each stronghold to "unlock" their rooms again. This is just a minor glitch and doesn't cost credits or cartel coins. Just walk up to a room's door, you may or may not get the "buy me" message, just click through it, done. Most of the time you won't any message, the door will simply open.

So, for example, if I already had NS on the destination server, but with only 2 unlocks, but my NS stronghold on the source server was fully unlocked, it will be fully unlocked upon landing on the destination server (but again, you may have to run through all the rooms for the unlocks to display).

Edited by xordevoreaux

Note: You will NOT HAVE any stronghold transfer that you bought with credits! For a stronghold to transfer with your legacy, it must be a legacy-purchased stronghold (with cartel coins).

This isn't strictly correct. The credit-bought stronghold will transfer, but must be reactivated for its normal purchase price in credits. The key point is that when you *buy* a stronghold, it comes with just the entrance unlocked, but when you transfer-and-reactivate, all the rooms you unlocked on the source server are unlocked on the destination server.

This isn't strictly correct. The credit-bought stronghold will transfer, but must be reactivated for its normal purchase price in credits. The key point is that when you *buy* a stronghold, it comes with just the entrance unlocked, but when you transfer-and-reactivate, all the rooms you unlocked on the source server are unlocked on the destination server.

Right, my point is, you don't have that credit-purchased stronghold at all upon transfer until you repurchase it, not a burden when bought with cartel coins.

Right, my point is, you don't have that credit-purchased stronghold at all upon transfer until you repurchase it, not a burden when bought with cartel coins.

But it comes back with all its unlocked rooms, because you *do* have it. (Well, it did, the last time I transferred a character, although that was a few months before the 2017 server merge.)

But it comes back with all its unlocked rooms, because you *do* have it. (Well, it did, the last time I transferred a character, although that was a few months before the 2017 server merge.)

I see the rooms being preserved while having to completely repurchase the stronghold as a glitch, and that someone, someday, might decide to fix that glitch by clearing the room count on a stronghold purchased with credits when you transfer, forcing not only a new purchase of that stronghold, but its rooms as well.

To guard against that possibility, I always buy strongholds with cartel coins.

I see the rooms being preserved while having to completely repurchase the stronghold as a glitch, and that someone, someday, might decide to fix that glitch by clearing the room count on a stronghold purchased with credits when you transfer, forcing not only a new purchase of that stronghold, but its rooms as well.

To guard against that possibility, I always buy strongholds with cartel coins.

OK, fair enough, but until that someone makes that change, it's inaccurate to say that you *don't* have the credit-bought stronghold after the transfer.

I did a transfer a couple weeks ago, the stronghold rooms didn't need to be purchased again, but still needed to be unlocked.

It was weird for me, as I was prepared to purchase them. threw me off that first second

just confirming it still happens that way

OK, fair enough, but until that someone makes that change, it's inaccurate to say that you *don't* have the credit-bought stronghold after the transfer.

You still must shovel out credits to cover the original purchase price of the stronghold itself, which is not what you must do if you bought the stronghold with cartel coins, so until you burn through credits a second time to acquire, it's not accessible.