Elom Flashpoint: MASTER Mode Feedback

JackieKo

• Dev Post

My apologies that I did not create a separate thread for Master Mode feedback for the Elom Flashpoint. For those who would like to consolidate their feedback here, feel free to use this thread.

Please answer the following questions:

• How do you feel about the boss balance?
  • How do you feel about the trash balance?
  • Are you experiencing any functionality issues? If so, please explain in detail.
  • Are there any friction points that hinder your progress?
  • Are the objectives clear and easily understandable?
  • How does the pacing of combat feel?
  • Please give us details on your experience with the stone stair segment where you need to traverse a tight path with enemies and other area dangers.

Feel free to answer in as much detail as possible to help us understand your thought process and line of thinking.

Thank you!

How do you feel about the boss balance?

Completed all bosses on the PTS, bosses are honestly fine themselves, HOWEVER Regnant's add waves in master mode need to be delayed by a further 10 seconds between spawn, or have the melee add dot tick removed that the melee adds apply, each dot is a separate debuff and a healer cant cleanse 6+ individual dots of the same type on 1 person let alone 3. If there was a 10-15 second gap between add spawns this would be more palatable if left in.

These adds are only present during: core 3, core 4, final burn. Regnant's Core 1 and core 2 feel like any other MM FP.

How do you feel about the trash balance?

Trash is fine, doesnt hurt too much, isnt a faceroll, doesnt have too much HP.

Are you experiencing any functionality issues? If so, please explain in detail.

Given above for Regnant, the add wave spawns are the only problem, the boss himself is a good final burn, avoiding his red puddles are easy, destroying the 4 cores straight forward. All his problems in MM only lay in his add spawn waves.

Are there any friction points that hinder your progress?

Regnant, we have only beaten him once out of about 8 full 1-2 hour long attempts due to his adds. We are also all experienced raiders in 326 blue gear with augments + set implants.

Are the objectives clear and easily understandable?

Yes, the flashpoint is linear enough to not get lost and even the bonus bosses 4 spawn markers are clear with their intent.

How does the pacing of combat feel?

Absolutely great except for Regnant's adds.

Please give us details on your experience with the stone stair segment where you need to traverse a tight path with enemies and other area dangers.

Actually an enjoyable part, theres some issues where if people use knockbacks (like overload), that NPCs falling down get stuck on terrain and do not die, thus fully preventing you from continuing as they are all required to die to progress. I like that the red circles do damage as it forces the group to stay modular and the add-spawning platforms are just large enough to avoid the red circles without falling off the edge or leaping to another gap.

Other:

I would rate the first and last boss very well, The first bosses kiting and Malguses growing power are not easy but not too difficult, relatively moderate experience once you know what to do.

Bonus boss we had fun on (the mechanics to make them trigger each other into a down state like a combat triangle was enjoyable) however we accidentally evaded when they were about to die because the tank left the room by accident, and we didnt bother going back in to re-kill them.

Regnants adds really are the problem, his red beams and circles give it a non-difficult but never be too cautious "always moving" feel to the boss encounter. The problem really lies with the adds that spawn on 3rd and 4th core due to the speed they spawn at and the damage dots they apply.

This is going to be fast since I haven't seen any PUG going past the first boss in MM.

Why have a tank when they are rendered useless due to the boss having no agro table? That would be acceptable if the damage output was lower (thinking about the rancor in Karagga among the other bosses of that type where the damage is moderate on a non tank) but here the damage is on the upper side between the pounces and... the uncleansable DOT. At which point does an uncleansable DOT that ticks for A LOT seem like a good idea? Especially when RNG can suck and the same person can get several stacks in a row?

Edited by demotivator

The first boss feels tuned properly, with healing needing to be present and tanking windows which allowed time for everyone to de-stack from the dot.

Regnant feels over-tuned; even with 326 gear, augments, legendary implants, and experience, it feels like a "head-through-wall" struggle, with only lucky pulls (In regards to Damage output and damage taken RNG) being remotely close to successful. Even attempts with AoE specs did not feel any better. It took our group 10 hours of attempts spread out the previous weeks.

If A: The waves spawns were delayed by 5 seconds more, or B: Damage output by the droids, especially their unending stacks of high damaging DoT debuffs, were lowered a small amount (no more than 5%) it would become a lot more manageable, especially for groups who do not have lots of nim raiding experience.

Malgus feels very clean and tuned to 324 gear, with the damage race being intense during the final part of the fight, but manageable consistently.

Trash feels nice, nothing stands out either good or bad.

When the bonus boss is summoned, we only had one attempt on it, when they reset from one of the group members running outside the room, we were unable to resummon the droids to try again, all the 'obelisks of x' were infinitely interact-able and stacked the debuffs but still did not resummon when we walked in with all of them.

I don't know if this is intentional or not, but it doesn't seem like it.

Regnant, previously mentioned, feels like a brick wall during the core destroying phases, the final burn felt very smooth, however.

Aside from Regnant being a major brick wall, there are no major hurdles that seem too difficult or confusing.

The environment of the flashpoint is very beautiful, and clear in the direction players need to travel to progress. On the first playthrough, it took us a little bit to realize that the two keys for the door just before Regnant are randomly placed in a lower and upper ruin took us a little bit, but didn't slow our progress.

At no point did it feel that reaching Malgus was confusing.

The pacing feels smooth the entire way through with the exception of Regnant being a major wall.

Please give us details on your experience with the stone stair segment where you need to traverse a tight path with enemies and other area dangers.

The stone stair segment is one of the best flashpoints encounters, it's clear what needs to happen, and it feels achievable (If not a little stressful for the healer when people start standing in the blasts), forgiving enough to where it's not frustrating (Only being able to stand in one or two blasts before being at risk of dying), but harsh enough to where you can't just breeze through the segment.

The only issue is that sometimes adds would spawn under the floor, or when being knocked off would clip through the terrain and prevent progress until they died through placed aoe attacks.

-

Hope to see Regnant balanced, as it is really the only thing in this flashpoint that was a negative experience. Every single part of the flashpoint outside that the first half of that fight is clean, smooth, understandable, rewarding, and beautiful to look at.

Edited by Mathint

1. Boss balance.

The Boss balance is okay. They are all beatable with 318 green and no implats or gold augs. But higher gear make it possible for all.

2. Trash Balance.

The Trash balance is good. They don't do much damage, but the armor break is nice. (So it is fine, more problemetic is for example legacy of the rakata where they try too make add's stronger with just more hp (that is not stronger, just take more Time and is a little annoying))

3. Functionality issues.

If you get too the additional Boss and just kill the middle one you can loot it, but don't get the achievement and can't try it again. Maybe change it too get the loot after killing all 3, but than you can try it multible times.

4. Friction points.

Nothing special. Some class differents, but possible will all over gs 318 nothing special needed like gold augs oder impla's. With higher gear or aug's more easy. The point in kill the Boss or not is understanding, I like 👍

5. Objectives are clear and understandable.

Yes Questmarker are fine.

6. Pacing of Combat.

Very different in the fights.

First Boss have a little more speed for the heal (depend on the group) for dd and tank more low pace.

Second high pace for all. With downtimes between the add waves for the dd's ( no energy struggle at all).

Additional Boss has lower pace than second Boss, but no downtime that is a good exchange.

Stone Stair is very slow pace. The different Timing of the voids is a little annoying and if you kick add's down the cliff and the survive down there that is grrrrrrrrr.

Malgus is like damage him, wait, damage him, wait and so on. Idk how too discribe that as a pace. 🤔

7. Stone Stair.

Like I sayed before it is a little annoying that the void habe different Timing at the different players and if add's survive that you kick them down the cliff so that you can't kill them is a little "annoying" but the idea itself is funny. :)

P.S.

Some sayed 2nd Boss is rng or a question of gear. That is not true. 318 (green) gear and purple aug's was enough too clear it safe. The point is not the gear it is the tactic. (But sure some class are better for the Boss the other, but that is the same for every other Boss too, so idk) Maybe just try a other tactic guy or check your output.😅😅😅 no front, just Comment.

This is for feedback on MASTER MODE, are you sure you didn't play on VETERAN or STORY difficulty?

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUL

Yeah I know the meaning of Master and yes I'm sure, because I have the pts achivements and maybe if I search some Time the parse log too.

Could you upload the parse log? Would love to see it.

Here we go. The parse is from just playing random mfp's by GF.

Just short for the special gear.

Tank was 318 (maybe with luck 319 from the mfp befor) no set impla; basic vendor gear too

-green gear, no aug's (and because of reasons on this char guard was not there and 2 cloaks doesn't work.)

DD

Scoundrel was 320 2 set impla

-mixed blue and green, gold aug's

PT was 321 2 set impla

-mainly green, a few blue (low vet ****) and 1 purple, purple aug's ; no adrenal (because not bio 700 :( )

Heal was 318 no set impla

-full gear from the Vendor, purple aug's

tank and dd's know the Boss, Heal don't. That is the reason for the break before the fight's

So here is the parsly link

https://parsely.io/parser/view/621569

-regeate is cutted in 2 parts, because I die (my fault) and got a rez.

-by Malgus we tryed something out, abot the mecha, that is the reason for more logs.

That was my Statement at all.

Oh and next Time pls don't flame ppl instant, because they have different Options than you. The thing with Master, vet and story that you called, was a clear shout out that you think I'm stupid. Try too be nice dudes. btw I was never in there in vet or story so idk how it is there.

Edited by yannnnick

Here we go. The parse is from just playing random mfp's by GF.

Nice parse, thanks for the info! I guess performance between 318 and 326 is very minimal in this FP as our group had slightly higher DPS and it was more difficult for us.

Other than Regnant, perfectly fine. All bosses besides Regnant feel reasonable, not too easy or difficult.

The trash is fine.

These two questions have the same answer. The first part is regnant, the damage is overtuned considerably, add spawns are slightly too frequent, a delay of 10 more seconds between spawns would make the encounter feel a lot more balanced. Regnant's ultimate laser (after core 3 dies) hits everyone, regardless of position. The silver adds apply an insanely high amount of dots, more than any healer could hope to consistently cleanse. The burst of gold adds on its own is not unmanageable, but when combined with the excessive dot damage, high add spawn rates, and regnant's laser, it becomes a huge problem when recovering after core 3 dies. Regnant himself should either have his HP reduced or his add spawns be less frequent during the burn phase, as the adds themselves create a heal check arguably worse than some operation bosses in higher difficulties. We did eventually beat it but after many attempts and a very lucky pull. This fight also just does not feel like it belongs with the rest of the flashpoint scaling-wise. The other bosses feel much more straightforward and balanced than Regnant, and I find it hard to believe that in a place where Malgus is the main highlight, a computer puts him and the bonus to shame. There needs to be a nerf.

The other friction point is the bonus boss. If anyone leaves the room the bonus boss permanently despawns. Either there should be a ray shield added or make it so the bosses do not despawn should someone exit the room. As for the markers leading up to the boss, it would be helpful to leave a description of what they do, though, after a pull on the boss, it is easily understandable what they do.

Other than Regnant, perfectly acceptable. The flashpoint isn't insanely fast but it also is not a drag.

It is a fun segment. My only gripe is that when the trash is knocked off they sometimes do not die. If this is corrected then the stairs themselves are fine.

ADDENDUM: The achievements for completing the flashpoint on any difficulty, i.e. "Nul-ification" and "Nul and Void" only count for the group leader upon Malgus' defeat.

Edited by lordoftransform
Clarity

1st boss was fine, never made it past the 2nd boss as it was too hard to keep up with the adds. Made quite a few good attempts though.

It's nothing exciting to write home about. It's harder than veteran mode and took longer to kill.

2nd boss, could not find a way to beat it at the time it was attempted.

The running on the cliff it is not clear that if you skip anything you will have to die and go back to kill them.

I just find the flashpoint slow in general

It would be nice if the explosions were about 1s longer before you take damage as sometimes trying to use a grapple can get you killed because the explosion goes off while in process.