Easier way to take off the helmet?

bossei

So far I like the interface updates, except for a tiny detail: It is now even more work to simply take off ones helmet :)

Immersion is important to me in an RPG, and for example my trooper (well, ex trooper - currently alliance commander) only wants to wear her helmet in battle, which means it comes on and off a lot. To take it on or off, I now need to:

1. Press C to open the character sheet.
  2. Go to the Outfitter.
  3. Click the currently worn outfit number (why - shouldn't that be the pre-selected?).
  4. Click the show/hide head slot button.
  5. Close the character sheet.

Sure, it's not a lot of work, and it goes fairly quickly after doing it a couple of hundred times, but it feels so unnecessary for such a simple task.

Is there an easier way to do this? Perhaps something you can put in a quick bar slot to toggle helmet visibility?

• 3 months later...

Hardly worth mentioning, but this is not an issue anymore. Apparently, it was a bug, and it has been fixed since. Not sure exactly when since I've mostly been running a new Jedi who does not wear a helmet.

Anyway, now you just use the "Show/hide head slot" button directly on the Gear tab in the Character window. So: C, click a button, C. Perfect :)