Questions about contest "The best view in SWTOR"

Shayddow

1. When taking a screenshot how do you get your character out of the shot?

2. How do you restore your UI after turning it off with alt + Z ?

:rak_02:

Scroll the mouse wheel up till the character goes out of view. Alt-z is a toggle; press it twice to unhide UI.

Edited by mike_carton

There is also an in-game Holo Camera. Though I do not remember where to get it.

It's from the Collector's Edition.

As others have said, zoom in to remove your character (default is mousewheel forward/up), and to undo the hidden UI, just press Alt-Z again.

To move the camera back to behind your character, just roll the mousewheel back until it is where you like it.

If you have reconfigured your mousewheel to something else, you might need to go into your keybind settings to see if they are mapped to another key, or unmapped.

It's from the Collector's Edition.

But I don't have the Collectors Edition.

It must have come from someplace else. If I remember correctly I got it when I created my characters 8 years ago.

Thought it was part of the New Player Starter Pack, but I'm not sure any more.

(UPDATE)

Found it.... You can still get it from the "Digital Upgrade Pack", it has the Flair gun, Training Droid, Holo Dancer, STAP (Single Trooper Aerial Platform) mount and Holo Cam.

Edited by denavin

But I don't have the Collectors Edition.

It must have come from someplace else. If I remember correctly I got it when I created my characters 8 years ago.

Thought it was part of the New Player Starter Pack, but I'm not sure any more.

(UPDATE)

Found it.... You can still get it from the "Digital Upgrade Pack", it has the Flair gun, Training Droid, Holo Dancer, STAP (Single Trooper Aerial Platform) mount and Holo Cam.

Yep, I consider that the digital-only collector's edition, so that's what I meant (CE, both physical and digital). lol

I had that before I received the CE as a gift, and now I get double the items in my mail every time I create a new character.

Scroll the mouse wheel up till the character goes out of view. Alt-z is a toggle; press it twice to unhide UI.

I've tried Alt Z to hide the HUD, yet everything I do doesn't get my Character out of view. I can make them smaller, but the only way to get them not in picture is to Cut & Paste in a Paint program (at far smaller size) since they are center of the view. So I could make a 550x550 view but not one that is 1920x1200 or 1920x1080.

Oh well they should have just asked us to hide our character's name, by blurring it or distorting it instead!

╘ instructions could have been a bit more clear, how to get your character out of the image; I can't...

I've scrolled out but they can still be seen, they are just smaller--hiding the HUD does NOT hide your Character!

1. When taking a screenshot how do you get your character out of the shot?

2. How do you restore your UI after turning it off with alt + Z ?

:rak_02:

I've given up trying to do this CONTEST, even though it supposed to have 4 or perhaps 5 days still left to submit.

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20210921

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar