Add more species you can choose to use for your character?!

TheBlightKnight

Chagarin, I believe is that species' name.

Chagrian, in fact, without an "a" between the "g" and the "r".

I think they should add more choices of species you can choose for your character like for example "Selonians". Just a thought. ;)

Selonians are a catastrophically bad example of a potential playable species, since they fail on multiple fronts:

* They don't, if my understanding of the lore is correct(1), speak Basic (dubbed in-game as English, French or German)(2).

* They don't have a "normal" "human-like" head, body, leg structure, etc., so essentially no visual gear would be possible. Yes, non-visual gear would still work for stats, but there would be no chance of anything visual working *for*appearances*.

* Revisiting the theme of a not-like-humans body structure, the existing romances would result in some, er, strange effects.

None of that is an absolute obstacle, but all of that raises the cost specifically of Selonians (and any other character with strong divergence from the existing "human-like" requirements). A more human-like species like Echani or Zeltrons would be self-evidently very possible.

(1) I am in no way a Star Wars lore nerd.

(2) Speaking Basic is an essential feature of a playable species because all the existing content is recorded in "dubbed Basic", and while it wouldn't be an absolute obstacle if a species cannot speak Basic, it would be, historically, too "weird" (lore-inconsistent) for the dubbed-Basic lines to be "non-Basic dubbed into dubbed-Basic".

I think they should add more choices of species you can choose for your character like for example "Selonians". Just a thought. ;)

I suggested it a month or so ago, and I think it be a GREAT one to add. I'd also could see it being a COIN only option similar to Cathar. Selonians can communicate, most just don't take the time to try and understand them. Still perhaps that's why those that unlock have a slight cybernetic implant to aid them in that process; after being found to be gifted in other ways!

Yet some say because they aren't humanoid with Lips, they won't be included. Also sure most don't speak basic either, yet they do speak or communicate. I know some may disagree, yet honestly that's what makes a game good--people's choice to choose. They say Selonians don't have lips, yet honestly they do, they are just different. Maybe they don't have relationships though like Jedi at least not unless it's other Selonians! Leyta for example might be an option there!

Sure they don't have typical head's, yet it doesn't matter if they aren't shown wearing Head, or typical feet gear. They'd still get the buff's, and they could always develop Selonian alternatives in COIN store or with Crafting as well!

Let's be FAIR, in today's world of diversity, inclusion, it's about time Selonians had a voice (even though they communicate -- just not basic) just sadly most don't make the effort...

Today nobody has issues if Sith are allowed Romances, as are Jedi and they have a code not to get involved in those relationships. Yet even Satele herself had a child.

I'd really like to see a few more unique species, that are (mostly) Humanoid like the Selonians! I think they'd also be really exciting to see a few Player character's as one! And some of the customizations they could offer to pelts, or coat colors could be also purchasable for COINs.

I'd largely however limit them to Tech or Trooper/Warrior class though!

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

* They don't, if my understanding of the lore is correct(1), speak Basic (dubbed in-game as English, French or German)(2).

They are capable of speaking Basic, but as far as I understand it, only those whose job it is to interact with non-Selonians learn to do so.

Aside from Selonians as a Trooper, Gunslinger, or Scoundrel...

I've always wondered why we can play the Race that he is:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Bey'wan_Aygo

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Bothan/Legends

Once, I said that if we ever got Mon Calamari the chats would be filled with people saying "It's a trap!" for months. In a similar vein, if we got them as a race, there would be no end to the jokes about how many Bothans died to bring information.

Make some of the NEW races PREMIUM unlocks for 900-1200 COINs (not Credits) especial the Bothans.

"Their appearance is fairly similar to that of a humanoid lion, but with long, pointy ears and the fact that female Bothan also grow beards. Both (personal) political and economical success is paramount in Bothan culture, which leads to a lot of backstabbing, plotting, schemes and assassinations."

Selonians perhaps 600 COINs (not Credits) more like Cathar.

I'd be FINE with a few new Racial Unlocks like that... ...also I'd really LOVE to see a few or several more Republic &/or Imperials Armors with Republic &/or Squad Logo's on them; same thing on the Imperials side too!