New colour crystal: Black-White (Black core, white glow/Darksaber style)

Ever since the darksaber was more heavily focused on in Rebels and now has reemerged in The Mandalorian I believe it would be the perfect time to make a new black-white crystal. The reason why I say new is because there is a striated ranked pvp reward crystal that is very similar. As we already know there are striated and non-striated versions of many black core crystals, the addition of a non-striated black-white or black-silver crystal would allow non pvp players to have their own special crystal. I don't think it would even be that hard to add as there is evidence to suggest such a crystal has existed in the past. The white crystal wasn't always a cartel market item, so maybe it would be cool to bring this crystal back and make it a cartel market item. You could even give a cool mandalorian themed name as a reference to the whole Tarre Vizla backstory. That way the pvp black-silver striated crystal remains a pvp exclusive item, I wouldn't want to suggest making it a pve item as well because that would be unfair to the people who put in the effort to earn it.

The crystal is old (apparently added in patch 1.2.0) - https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/itm/advanced-black-white-eviscerating-crystal

Here are some images of the crystal:

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/745/6672/original.jpg?w=600&h

https://public.am.files.1drv.com/y4p91dg0mGkkQaIel_aIZTW8JwhBGH-rmF_O3efapgiUrhStfMa9hYP5AQyE5EARrMi3HPwYseiyYwuYgtxe3YUD21vydqV3O_-H9BSM736pLtbnm2am5BPWw16eMpigh73-Oik3W6rXXookqjJ42yM3LdDlptnuPTF_vx3BDdlNjaTUtkmgYs429_FAKkpt9RW/Gizka%203.jpg?rdrts=259315377

nice suggestion I like it

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so! I just don't know what else we can really do to bring the idea to their attention, I'm no programmer or have any experience with game design but I can't imagine it would be that hard to implement. And heck I'd pay 1000 cc just for the crystal.

• 3 months later...

its always been a matter of time before the darksaber is added into the game and with it making a live-action appearance in the mandalorian season 2 and actually being used it is probably going to be added a lot sooner than people think to the game.

honestly you can get effect sabers or thin bladed sabers and use the white-black or silver-black pvp crystal for the same coloring as the darksaber. i had white black in my tulak hord lightsabers and it produced the same coloring the blade wasnt the same but the coloring was. I liked it just didnt fit as well as i hoped for with my main but it does work well with my other characters still.

true black crystals would be nice a lot of the black in crystals we have is more a black thats closer to being a darkish gray than a black. I would welcome black core crystals even though we kinda have them not quite but a variant already a black black crystal would be insane or a black white and red/blue/purple/green/magenta (whatever third coloring like do a series of black triple color crystals) crystal the triple colored crystals is insane

It looked great in TFU. I'm all for this being added. No reason not to tbh, and it's strange that for all the black core colours we have the one that we don't have is the only one to actually appear in the lore elsewhere.

The Ranked PVP crystal set is pretty cheap (only need to play a few matches) and comes pretty close to the Clone Wars dark saber colors. And the crystals are legacy bound, which is nice.

This is kinda true, but I don't think the true cost is the tokens or even the time it takes to get them, the part that makes doing ranked such a chore is the community and how exclusive it is. Anyone who has ever tried getting into it after gearing up and practicing in warzones know how much steeper the learning curve is and how unpleasant a good chunk of the people you play with is.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As previously mentioned by Kalnarius there is something close to looking like the darksaber with the white-black crystal and one of these lightsabers:

https://imgur.com/a/050wVSL

Unstable peacemaker lightsaber

Arn's unshielded lightsaber

Unstable arbiter's lightsaber

However the darksaber will not be wielded by any bounty hunter in-game unless they introduce an NPC who wields it. With force-using toons I still like this combination anyway and have since seeing the darksaber in SW Rebels.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

• 2 weeks later...
As previously mentioned by Kalnarius there is something close to looking like the darksaber with the white-black crystal and one of these lightsabers:

However the darksaber will not be wielded by any bounty hunter in-game unless they introduce an NPC who wields it. With force-using toons I still like this combination anyway and have since seeing the darksaber in SW Rebels.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Have you seen the Darksaber hilt idc about some wannabe darksaber i want the real thing thats just me

• 2 weeks later...

I would assume the Darksaber Colors would be regular Black, given that the Darksaber and its color have appeared frequently in other sources, and the Darksaber is confirmed to be a lightsaber.

If it is not, I would hope to see a regular plain Black Color Crystal set as well. I am more fond of unique color lightsabers that do not have a second color, like Mauve, Fuchsia, Teal Guardian, and Copper, and I would love to see a plain Black color too!

The Ranked PVP crystal set is pretty cheap (only need to play a few matches) and comes pretty close to the Clone Wars dark saber colors. And the crystals are legacy bound, which is nice.

except ranked is a cesspit , I think a lot of people would like to get the crystal without having to set foot in that ;)

and I would love to see a plain Black color too!

Me too

Edited by DarkTergon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Ever since the darksaber was more heavily focused on in Rebels and now has reemerged in The Mandalorian I believe it would be the perfect time to make a new black-white crystal. The reason why I say new is because there is a striated ranked pvp reward crystal that is very similar. As we already know there are striated and non-striated versions of many black core crystals, the addition of a non-striated black-white or black-silver crystal would allow non pvp players to have their own special crystal. I don't think it would even be that hard to add as there is evidence to suggest such a crystal has existed in the past. The white crystal wasn't always a cartel market item, so maybe it would be cool to bring this crystal back and make it a cartel market item. You could even give a cool mandalorian themed name as a reference to the whole Tarre Vizla backstory. That way the pvp black-silver striated crystal remains a pvp exclusive item, I wouldn't want to suggest making it a pve item as well because that would be unfair to the people who put in the effort to earn it.

The crystal is old (apparently added in patch 1.2.0) - https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/itm/advanced-black-white-eviscerating-crystal

Here are some images of the crystal:

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/745/6672/original.jpg?w=600&h

https://public.am.files.1drv.com/y4p91dg0mGkkQaIel_aIZTW8JwhBGH-rmF_O3efapgiUrhStfMa9hYP5AQyE5EARrMi3HPwYseiyYwuYgtxe3YUD21vydqV3O_-H9BSM736pLtbnm2am5BPWw16eMpigh73-Oik3W6rXXookqjJ42yM3LdDlptnuPTF_vx3BDdlNjaTUtkmgYs429_FAKkpt9RW/Gizka%203.jpg?rdrts=259315377

Not really into PVP, but.... YES! Would LOVE a big, meaty, wicked-looking black steel w/ black leather grip lightsaber. In the hands of a 'Body Type 3' toon, the regular-sized single sabers look like toothpicks. :jawa_biggrin:

Edited by AmorandaAdamah
Forgot to add that I'm not super-into PVP.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Tulak Horde Lightsaber with the white black crystal is the closest thing to a darksaber ive seen.

Its funny no one has mentioned the fact that a Black-White crystal has been in the game since 1.2 in all variations, yet I have never ever seen it in the wild, used by either NPC or player.

https://torcommunity.com/database/search/all/?name=black-white

This is not the same as the White-Black that you can find now on the GTN, this is just...a mystery.

P.S. Twisted Fang sabers will really make the black in the White-Black crystals POP and will make it look VERY "Darksaberesque".

Edited by euroDSMtuner

• 1 month later...
except ranked is a cesspit , I think a lot of people would like to get the crystal without having to set foot in that ;)

As much as I agree many don't want to set foot in Ranked it is also true that it is a "cesspit" as you say for exactly that same reason. Players refusing to play in it leaving what you would call "toxic" individuals is why it is by what many deem such an "exclusive club". Get in there, grit your teeth, grow thicker skin, and earn the rewards you want. It's not as bad as some make it out to be. Players said the same exact thing about GSF for a long LONG time (not so much the toxicity complaints but rather "it sucks" complaints) but low and behold this Galactic Season saw a HUGE bump in players queuing for it. (I'd really be interested to see the numbers for that). Point being there are alot of things in this game that players "don't like to do" but do anyway for the rewards. Asking for a work around to add those rewards to the Cartel Market is almost always a terrible idea.

And as Arunav said earlier:

DO it! :D