Supply Crate Dead Stop Drops Rare Items Find or Score

Morbanna

Hey, so I have been doing 60+ Heroics runs to collect supply crates. Why, I the name of all that is rational, can't I find these 5 items? Are there hidden locations or Heroic Location that need to be grinded?

Resurrected Knights Gloves

Resurrected Bounty Hunters Bracers

Resurrected Bounty Hunters Leggings

Resurrected Smugglers Leggings

Yavin Smugglers Cuffs

My last run I collected total amongst the 5 varieties, over 80 crates - none of these items have dropped in months.

Are there specific Heroics Locations that I need to grind?:eek:

Edited by Morbanna

There are five themes (Arkanian, Yavin, Resurrected, Dreadguard and Underworld, if memory serves) and eight class-looking sets of each theme. Each set has seven pieces. That's a grand total of 280 different pieces across the four types of crate, although each type drops only two class-looks.

So each type drops 70 different pieces (two class-looks times five theme-sets times seven pieces per set). Random numbers are in fact malicious, and there is no guarantee that you'll ever get the one you're looking for. The chance you'll have at least one duplicate reaches 50% at only ten crates of a particular type.

That said, you can boost your chances by grinding the *right* Heroics - each Heroic drops always the same crate type, and you should be able to find lists for each type of which Heroics drop it. Example: https://kotorswtor.tumblr.com/post/132231356485/list-of-which-heroics-give-what-kind-of-locked/amp

So once you've got all the pieces of (say, for example) the Trooper and Warrior sets you want, you stop doing heroics that drop Military crates because they won't help you get that last piece of, say, an Agent set you want.

EDIT: that means that for your case, you should only run Heroics that drop Smuggled Goods (for Smuggler and Bounty Hunter) and Ancient Artifacts (for Knight), because the other two types won't *ever* drop the pieces you're looking for. END-EDIT

Aside from that, no, there's nothing you can do to influence the output of a particular crate.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

That said, you can boost your chances by grinding the *right* Heroics - each Heroic drops always the same crate type, and you should be able to find lists for each type of which Heroics drop it. Example: https://kotorswtor.tumblr.com/post/132231356485/list-of-which-heroics-give-what-kind-of-locked/amp

TBH, I never even looked at what dropped, always thought it was random...lol, so thank you for the list, there's still a couple I don't have, so I'll start watching the drops now...lol

Im also missing 5 pieces and they happen to be all Resurrected ones for Bounty Hunter, Smuggler and Knight. It makes me wonder if the Resurrected Armor is more rare. From all the years doing Heroics (at least for me personally anyway) it seems the rarity order of drops is Arkkanian, Dreadguard, Yavin, Underworld, Resurrected. I know i heard its different for other people but it really makes me think its more than bad luck rng. I do the Heroics on dozens of toons and a 2nd account to boot and its the same results. It is maddening!