State of Galactic Starfighter as a source for conquest

Stradlin

Starfighter is some miserable conquest right now. I really hope patch 6.1.4 does something about this.

Since Bioware is currently busy re-thinking and adjusting conquest, it felt relevant to have a thread underlining the lackluster status of GSF in this regard. Maybe we could pitch some good/fun daily conquest objectives to add for GSF.

About 62 weeks out of 64, there are only two daily repeatable conquest objectives for GSF. Add to that one infinitely repeatable. One of the two daily repeatables is completing the weekly mission, which got nerfed few patches back.

In addition to these three objectives, Socialite I and II dings in GSF as well. No other major activity in game has such a modest amount of conquest objectives available.

As a result, it currently takes 90-100 minutes to earn 50k conq in GSF. Reaching 50k via planetaries takes 12 mins or so. Once GSF pilot has been flying for 90 mins, he hits some brutal diminishing results and rate with which conq. comes in drops even further. You might earn 50k in 90 minutes but you certainly will not earn 100k in three hours.

(Diminishing returns= You run out of daily repeatables to ding and only gain conq via infinitely repeatables or xp. )

Few suggestions:

• Return the inffinitely repeatable for winning and make sure it gives a relevant amount of points.. Such objective suits spirit of pvp perfectly. Removing it in patch that overall gave massive buff to conq people earn was an extremely strange decision.

• Clash in Hyperspace is virtually extinct as a conquest event: It happens like twice a year or so. Maybe take the daily repeatables of Clash in Hyperspace event and let them be available every single week.

• Planetary missions, WZs and just about everything else have, combined, gotten hundreds of new daily repeatables. Meanwhile, GSF actually - LOST- some daily repeatables. Give back the ones taken away. (Daily repeatable for capturing satelites was there for most conq. weeks. It was removed for no good reason last spring. It is no more part of the rotation.)

• Damage done, kills,assists and satelites captured are examples that could be turned in daily repeatables that encourage proactive approach to matches.

• Maybe have something similar to Slayer I and Slayer II objectives in GSF as well.

• Make weekly mission infinitely repeatable - The objective is already capped at once a week per character due to it being tied to a weekly. (Suggested by Urthal)

• Make infinitely about medals instead, similar to what Warzones now have. (Suggested by Decalin)

• Achieve a combined 8 kills or kill assists in GSF.- infinity repeatable - 2200 conquest points
    Starfighter Support: Achieve 8 medals for healing and node defence in GSF.- infinity repeatable - 2200 conquest points . (Suggested by Decalin)

Video that shows current state of GSF as a source of conquest:

Typical pilot flying some typical matches needs 90 mins to reach the conquest target via GSF. Eight matches. When doing planetary missions and nothing else, I reached conquest target faster than first of those eight matches ended.

Ps

In 6.1.4 thread just posted in general discussion, BW rep outlined some examples of the up and coming conq. changes. Among these:

Starfighter: <Ship> Eternal is now worth 2,200 points (up from 600).

As it stands, <Ship> Eternal is available only during Clash in Hyperspace. ie, it is available maybe two weeks a year. Whether or not it gets buffed is utterly irrelevant in grand scheme of things! Stuff available every week matters, not tweaking an objective that is there only during a borderline extinct theme week.

Edited by Stradlin

Copypaste from the previous game week:

I think it's more helpful to compare GSF to Unranked Warzone conquest points.

Using this week as an example:

Both GSF & Unranked have 3 conquest goals:

[1] Completing the weekly

[2] Winning a match

[3] Participating in a match

For GSF:

[1] Daily repeatable for 9,760pts

[2] Daily repeatable for 7,320pts

[3] Infinitely repeatable for 1,464pts (simply involves seeing the end of a match)

Unranked:

[1] Single time 14,152pts

[2] Daily repeatable 4,270pts

[3] Infinitely repeatable 2,074pts (8 medals required)

Assuming a player only does either to earn conquest points & achieves goals [2] and [3] at least once daily (7 days), and achieves goal [1] once in the weekly conquest cycle:

The GSF player can earn 71,248pts whereas the Unranked player can earn 58,560pts

From this, while true that GSF is less lucrative as a conquest farming source compared to all other activities, it is by no means lagging behind its counterpart.

However boosting conquest points earned for all PvP modes, including Solo & Team Ranked would help the health of this game. The vast disparity between doing daily content by oneself vs group/team activities is huge. It discourages players from playing group content. More incentive to play group content would be desirable to help foster healthy and active communities in this game.

From this, while true that GSF is less lucrative as a conquest farming source compared to all other activities, it is by no means lagging behind its counterpart.

I would also take into account the longer queue's for GSF, I don't think its unreasonable to say I can fit in 1.5 to 2x the amount of unranked matches as opposed to GSF matches in a similar time frame.

That said though, IMO both unranked and GSF are both pretty useless for conquest and need a fairly significant buff, maybe not to the extent team ranked is receiving, but using heroics + kill quests as a benchmark, GSF and Unranked are both sorely lacking right now.