Renown Feedback

EricMusco

Wish that each renown box gave more than 1 piece of gear. I know this is a supplementary system for gear drops, but man, that hurt. 4 runs of flashpoints later and I get a single piece of random gear? Might as well not exist as a system.

Same with me. Doesn't seem worth the time and effort.

Edited by well

So I earned one crate.

Opened it up and instead of a bunch of items, I got one single item that was only a shell and did not have any set bonuses attached to it. It was also item level eight with no mods. Just a piece of adaptive armor with no set bonus and completely empty.

Honestly compared to what we get now, it feels like a total waste.

Did 5 Hammer Station runs veteran level - one renown pack - nothing of note in it. If its meant to be a supplementory route to getting gear its definately achieving that!! I'd like at the very least to be gaining fluff tokens that I could turn in for fluff decos etc. TBH I think you should let go of any hint of cxp at this stage - let the past die.

I ran 5 Hammer Station Vet mode with the 100% Renown Boost token and earned 6 crates. Note that this included me finishing the Veteran Flashpoint weekly and personal conquest. So I would say each Vet flashpoint was giving around ~1 Renown crate (with the 100% RXP boost and the 25% boost from the legacy purchased and the +10% boost that you can purchase from legacy tab).

Each crate was giving one item. At first, I was getting 270 green gear drop. Once I reached 270, the crates (and the bosses in the flashpoint) started dropping 272 gear drop. I have yet to see any blue/purple gear. Will have to test more to see when higher level gears drop.

As someone mentioned, some of the gear 'looked' like empty shells. Once you claim it and open the shells, there are unidentified mods/enhancements that you can rip out. However when you put those mods/enhancements back in, they seem to lose stats so it is unclear if equiping the gear is an upgrade or not.

Edited by Akushii

The Renown packs just feel stupid to me right now.

It's interesting to know that the gear has mods you can rip out in it, because when displayed in the crates they all look empty level eight items.

Because of this I just kept disassembling them. I feel like there needs to be more, like perhaps another method for getting Jawa scraps can be included in it.

just changing the name and uping the cexp you need for a crate dosnt make it a new system its garbage exactly like the command system was. Let it go i dont wanna open loot crates to gears

I do, I liked GC thought it was one of the best things to come out. Renown? Well for me its not the opening of crates I object to, it the amount of RP you need plus the only 1 item from it.

With GC if I could gear up over 50 characters it not a problem. Renown can be just as good. It just not in it's present form. Remember though that gear will drop in most places not just what's on test server at present time. R is not meant to be the primary source of getting gear, which for so many of us GC was. Certainly was the only place of getting gear for me until Ossus. For me knowing that does not take away the disappointment of how Renown is right now on PTS.

I really liked Galactic Command after you tweeked it.

However, Galactic Renown with the current numbers is terrible and does NOT motivate me the least bit to do any content in this game.

I just did the Ziost Weekly, something I did enjoy in the past.

It gave me slightly more than 1/2 of a GR level. This is not enough for a weekly to keep me motivated.

Ziost Weekly + Czerka Weekly = 1 crate

And in this crate worse RNG then before.

No thanks! You really have to make this system better. It needs to feel rewarding. But it doesn't with these numbers.

Don't lose your solo players, BW. You know very well that they make a good portion of your player base. It's the solo players that kept this game running through these years. Remember that when you think again than switching your focus on the MMO parts again. You don't want to see a situation like in summer 2012 again, don't you? Then don't do the same mistakes.

besides the above mentioned facts that gear drops from renown is very confusing and doesnt properly show stats..

now no companion gifts or anything else from crates?

current galactic command system is FAR better than whatever this junk is. Needs some serious tweaking

Hey folks,

Renown is now available for testing on PTS. A few reminders about Renwon:

• Renown is the replacement of Galactic Command, it does work a little differently.
  • The leveling curve of Renown is completely flat. Getting from level 1-2 is the same XP as going from 500-501.
  • Every crate has effectively the same value since it is giving you loot based on what your character is wearing. There are no "tiers" for ranks anymore.
  • Unlike GC, Renown is a supplementary system. It is not meant to be a primary source of gear.

With that in mind, let us know your thoughts!

-eric

Wasn't really interested in the new system because we are getting so ripped off for the command token conversion.

When I finally looked I was happy to see we started out at 300 or where we leave off I'm assuming?

The drop was crap, an enhancement and two pieces of cosmetic armor, very upsetting, but self sustaining from a bioware dev pov, meh...

I was going to join in the complaining regarding the amount of RP per level; then my mind went off in another direction and I am more supportive of needing 160K. What are the two issues that we carp about most around here about the game? From my POV, those two topics are inflation and grind. GR offers the opportunity to have a perpetual credit sink in the purchase of boosts. Noting the cost of crafting training in Onslaught and the credit prices associated with the RNG gear, it seems to me that part of the design philosophy behind it is to help control inflation. Viewing it from this perspective, I am no longer as upset about it.

What would make me far more content? These Renown Caches need to drop more loot. Like the GC crates used to drop Command Tokens, so each RC should drop several tech fragments. Other items can be factored into an RNG lotto such as decos, comp gifts, jawa junk, pets, etc. Do only get a single gear piece from it is incredibly anticlimactic.

The 160K for a crate that drops one item that you probably can't use is a bit excessive. The Command Crates drop 4-5 things (at least one of which was useful - Command tokens were always useful no matter how well geared you were) and only take 5K. Right now, the Renown Crates don't feel very rewarding at all.

Does anyone have more than one character earning reknown points, are they per character or are they legacy wide (all characters advance the same pool of points)

Kai Zykken is a supplementary system, Renown is a supplementary system, The tech part vendor is a supplementary system. Conquest is supplementary system. Boss drops in FP might as well be a supplementary system as you get a random world drop. So I am really wondering where is the main gear come from???

This is on top of the old system being completely made obsolete. Your old set bonus is useless after level 74.

I thought this was a game and not gambling.

With the direct purchase vendors going in I now see where the gear is coming from. I also heard modifiable gear is dropping from the Ops. I see the main system and for those who want more stuff dropping in the renown crates than sorry it wont happen. Not with countries starting to determine certain aspects of RNG crates are gambling.

Edited by Hawkebatt

Dear devs,

I have a char on the PTS with whom I'm testing renown.

Last week I did the Ziost weekly.

Today I did the Ziost weekly.

I made 1 renown level through this. However, only because it was conquest at the same time and I got a big bunch of extra renown points.

Without those, I'm not 100% sure I would have gotten one level.

My feedback: If this system goes live like this, one of the last motivational things that kept me playing during the last years: galactic command, has been killed by you.

The only reason I would still do Ziost for the upteenth time is because it would yield me a few crates with maybe interesting stuff in it.

If I now need 2 - or even 3 - Ziost weeklies to get just one renown level and one crate which contains one lousy item (in my case: a completely useless green 270 armguard), then there is absolutely no need for me to play Ziost ever again.

Bioware, if you want to keep solo players playing, you have to offer us some incentives. Renown as it is now is a disgrace. Sorry to say it straight like that. I feel kinda insulted by the terribleness of renown.

PLEASE! Change this system! At least half the points needed for one level and add some shinies to the crates. I don't care for armor in these crates. Give me some fun stuff. Pets. Jawa scrap. Companion gifts. Speeders. Anything which is interesting. One piece of rubbish green armor is not a reward.

In general, what I have witnessed so far on the PTS makes me want to uninstall this game for the first time in my life. You are making a big mistake there, imho.

Edited by JattaGin

• 11 months later...

After coming back to the game after a long time and finding that the Galactic Command levels were gone was puzzling. The Renown levels and crates don't give anything good and I often just wind up dismantling everything I get. It doesn't scale up effectively and the progression is way too slow. I had a much better time with GC levels and GC crates. Can't even get Flairs for it now.

Use this code for fun stuff.

http://www.swtor.com/r/wCDLJT

After coming back to the game after a long time and finding that the Galactic Command levels were gone was puzzling. The Renown levels and crates don't give anything good and I often just wind up dismantling everything I get. It doesn't scale up effectively and the progression is way too slow. I had a much better time with GC levels and GC crates. Can't even get Flairs for it now.

Use this code for fun stuff.

http://www.swtor.com/r/wCDLJT

Galactic renown isn't meant to be the primary gearing system. You get gear from FP's, Ops, GSF, and PvP.