Level at which I get to use mounts?

schlidey

Hi there, I was just wondering what level will I be able to use mounts? I purchased the unlock for Speeder Piloting rank 1 and I also bought a speeder but I still cant seem to use it, I assume that is because I am too low level. :)

Hi there, I was just wondering what level will I be able to use mounts? I purchased the unlock for Speeder Piloting rank 1 and I also bought a speeder but I still cant seem to use it, I assume that is because I am too low level. :)

If you bought the unlock in the CM, did you also:

* Claim it from your character's Unclaimed Items in the Cartel Market

* Then open your Inventory and right-click the new item in there?

Until then, it isn't unlocked for the character. <<== Important: it's a per-character unlock.

You can use the unlock starting at level 1, or you can wait until level 10 and get it for free from your class ability trainer. If you're already nearly at level 10, you might want to consider refunding the item in the Cartel Market interface rather than claiming it.

Until then, it isn't unlocked for the character. <<== Important: it's a per-character unlock.

You can use the unlock starting at level 1, or you can wait until level 10 and get it for free from your class ability trainer. If you're already nearly at level 10, you might want to consider refunding the item in the Cartel Market interface rather than claiming it.

Yes I have claimed it and I also used it in my inventory. I am already level 12 now though. How do I use my mount?

Here is an image upload, as you can see I have the ability speeder piloting but clicking the ability or trying to drag it does nothing, I also have no vehicle tab or any of that stuff

https://gofile.io/d/eSRYU4

Edited by schlidey

Here is an image upload, as you can see I have the ability speeder piloting but clicking the ability or trying to drag it does nothing, I also have no vehicle tab or any of that stuff

https://gofile.io/d/eSRYU4

Did you right-click the speeder itself in your inventory?

The Speeder Piloting ability is what's termed "Passive", meaning that it isn't something you activate directly, but rather it adds something to your character that just works.

What you should be able to do is right-click the speeder itself in your inventory to add it to the Vehicles tab of the Abilities panel (it will appear below "Companion"), and then you can drag the speeder from there to your quickbars. You can have many, many different speeders on a single character, and the character can use the Abilities panel (or their quickbar buttons) to choose which one to use at any given moment.

Did you right-click the speeder itself in your inventory?

The Speeder Piloting ability is what's termed "Passive", meaning that it isn't something you activate directly, but rather it adds something to your character that just works.

What you should be able to do is right-click the speeder itself in your inventory to add it to the Vehicles tab of the Abilities panel (it will appear below "Companion"), and then you can drag the speeder from there to your quickbars. You can have many, many different speeders on a single character, and the character can use the Abilities panel (or their quickbar buttons) to choose which one to use at any given moment.

I already did right click it in my inventory, there is not vehicles tab under companion though. Thank you for all your help so far btw I really appreciate it.

I already did right click it in my inventory, there is not vehicles tab under companion though. Thank you for all your help so far btw I really appreciate it.

Did you happen to right-click it with a vendor window open and sell it? If this was recent you may be able to buy it back from the buy back tab. If not, try visiting a speeder vendor and purchasing one of the inexpensive speeders.

Edited by ceryxp

Did you happen to right-click it with a vendor window open and sell it? If this was recent you may be able to buy it back from the buy back tab. If not, try visiting a speeder vendor and purchasing one of the inexpensive speeders.

No I definitely didnt sell it, I bought two of them with the real money credits and I claimed them both from my inventory but as you can see from the image I sent with that link there is no vehicles tab.

No I definitely didnt sell it, I bought two of them with the real money credits and I claimed them both from my inventory but as you can see from the image I sent with that link there is no vehicles tab.

What's supposed to happen is that you acquire the Piloting skill, and that allows you to right-click the speeders in your inventory and ... oh, wait...

Did you buy specific speeders, or did you buy the "Grand Speeder pack" things (sorry, I don't remember the specific name) that give a random speeder?

If you bought specific speeders, then claimed them, and then, *after* you clicked the piloting skill unlock, you right-clicked the speeders, there should be a Vehicles tab in the Abilities panel.

If you bought random-speeder packs, when you right-clicked *them*, the speeders (might be animal mounts instead) go into your "Item Stash" ==> Press Shift+P and click the Item Stash tab. You'll find them there. Claim them and now you have specific speeders in your inventory that you can right-click.