bugs or exploits?

thorrnnn

The one potential problem is that if we publicize where these spots are, Bioware do nothing, and now everyone knows them and more people use them to "cheat." So, I have mixed feelings on it. I will speak to Invis and see what he thinks.

I do lean toward wanting Bioware's confirmation they will fix them, before openly letting everyone know where they are.

The one potential problem is that if we publicize where these spots are, Bioware do nothing, and now everyone knows them and more people use them to "cheat." So, I have mixed feelings on it. I will speak to Invis and see what he thinks.

I do lean toward wanting Bioware's confirmation they will fix them, before openly letting everyone know where they are.

I agree it’s a two edge sword. But it has two things going for it.

1. If everyone knows what the exploits are, it removes the advantage from the people who use them in secret. When everyone knows it becomes a level playing field again.

2. It puts pressure on Bioware to fix them in an orderly manner or people will mock them. Sadly, it’s this reason and not the first that I think Bioware would be reluctant to allow the thread. It’s easier to ignore the problems if they aren’t publicly challenged.

I agree it’s a two edge sword. But it has two things going for it.

1. If everyone knows what the exploits are, it removes the advantage from the people who use them in secret. When everyone knows it becomes a level playing field again..

That's a bit like the doping scandal in cycling. That assumes we would all "dope" and then it would be fair. A lot of people still would not use them even if they were publicly made aware of the locations. I would not use them. Same reason I don't slice. I have a code of honor in how I fly. Even Drakolich commented on this back when he coached me. Saying "you might be too honourable" for certain things. I like people to know that when I beat them it was with skill, not with slicing and not with some one way textures. Everyone in my guild on Malgus is of the same mentality. So the reality would end up being that the playing field would not be fair, there would just be more people using them.

2. It puts pressure on Bioware to fix them in an orderly manner or people will mock them. Sadly, it’s this reason and not the first that I think Bioware would be reluctant to allow the thread. It’s easier to ignore the problems if they aren’t publicly challenged.
The swtor community has been making fun of Bioware since day one. Don't think that would change anything.