Bug or Intended.. Lasers hit your *** when they were fired from the front

Ryuku-sama

1vs1.

I'm at red hull. I doubled my front shield with DS. Power to blaster. I use HLC.

My target use RFL. We are jousting. His front arc is dead. I pas beside him. I'm dead. By him.

No matter how I can think of it there is only one solution. He got my ***...

That's simply impossible. No matter how you think of it a targeting arc of 38°, so 19° off center, can't possibly hit something at the edge of said arc 90° off center. It's simply impossible in my math.

1. You looked like facing him

2. He fired

3. The shot got registered

4. The server tried to determine your postion

5. Network delay made you not be in front anymore

6. Server decided the shot will reach you from that new position

7. Shot reached your rear

8. You died.

After a second thought, I can't help but think it's strange that RFL were able to land a kill in one-two shots even when hitting the weak side of shields and red hull... those are so weak.

Are you sure the guy did not have -I dunno- a pod left or something like By-pass up ?

After a second thought, I can't help but think it's strange that RFL were able to land a kill in one-two shots even when hitting the weak side of shields and red hull... those are so weak.

Are you sure the guy did not have -I dunno- a pod left or something like By-pass up ?

I had switched my shield after killing his buddy who brought me to red... I had no shield on my ***. And no. Last time I checked StarGuard couldn't use pods. He haven't any buff up neither.

NOOOO???? I complain about it since a few weeks posting those kind of weirdness... I want a fix!!!!

what sort of ping do you play with?

i'm on ~250'ish as standard and I regularly see evidence of desynch, most easily seen with extreme-range railgun shots that hit even though the target has just fled out past 15km.

back in my Diablo II days, desynching the server was ludicrously, idiotically easy.

whole swathes of PvP tactics were developed that took advantage of desynch.

edit: you SURE you didn't accidentally put the DS to the wrong arc?

Edited by dancezwithnubz

I know it sucks.. I complain about every single desync issue I come across.... going from BLC after the pass to slug from 16km without forgetting slug through a solid object and slug hitting 500m behind you but damaging you cause you were boosting away from it. Oh lets not forget the missiles finishing locking when they should break... or a lock taking 2 second after the LoS to break.

I have a ping around 30-60ms on ground... and around 40-50 fps.. it can go down to 20 when the lag becomes obvious (my screen freeze and I die stupidly ;) )

1. You looked like facing him

2. He fired

3. The shot got registered

4. The server tried to determine your postion

5. Network delay made you not be in front anymore

6. Server decided the shot will reach you from that new position

7. Shot reached your rear

8. You died.

Pretty sure this is what happens, but obviously I can't confirm it. Either way, it's definitely something related to connectivity.