Clarion is clearly overpowered!

Nemarus

http://i.imgur.com/7JFudKA.jpg

44000 damage taken across just 2 deaths :p

DAT SHIELDS.

Admittedly this was against a mix of new pilots and veteran pilots flying Strikes for Strike Night, so burst damage from BLC's and Railguns was not such an issue.

I was pretty much constantly being bombarded by Cluster Missiles though, given my lack of missile break :)

Agreed. I have been arguing this for a while. Strike fighters are insanely overpowered - the Clarion definitely fits this argument. When run in VOIP premades they force me to fly home crying. When I lose, I switch to the other side and denigrate my opponents based on their ship choice. I mean really, people choose strike fighters because they have no skill and the current maps/game modes are all clearly biased towards strike fighters. When I leave, sometimes I try to do ground PvP so I'll encounter something else. Eventually I just say screw it, and give up on GSF completely because General Brass told me to.

Clarions take no skill or effort and their lasers/abilities/missiles all auto-aim. This is garbage. Fix please.

If you took this seriously, seek help.

Edited by TrinityLyre

http://i.imgur.com/7JFudKA.jpg

44000 damage taken across just 2 deaths :p

DAT SHIELDS.

Admittedly this was against a mix of new pilots and veteran pilots flying Strikes for Strike Night, so burst damage from BLC's and Railguns was not such an issue.

I was pretty much constantly being bombarded by Cluster Missiles though, given my lack of missile break :)

I had 58k over 2 deaths just the other day :p also TDM

Edited by Kuciwalker

If we're going to be serious:

The Clarion is the best looking ship hands down, but Clarion or Imperium, the play of this ship is super fun. Quads are generally the only choice for primary weapon, but there's some choice for secondary (everyone seems to just play thermite though, because a thermite that hits is actually really amazing). All THREE of the systems are powerful and interesting, but repair probes seems to be the runaway favorite. Not only is it the only heal to offer real healing in a battle, but it is much more active than the repair probe, and unlike the ludicrous and stupid hydrospanner, it actually heals enough to matter. Remote Slicing greatly ups your ability to land a thermite, and combat command is a pretty serious buff to your allies, while also being very helpful to quads, the "blind man with a dart" accuracy weapon.

I've seen a lot of play with directionals and charged plating, but I haven't seen the moderately valuable shield projector get the same attention.

The ship just has a lot of options. I always enjoy it on my bar, and it's great support and moderate utility.

it is a nice ship and very useful to have in ya ship list BUT come on that screen shot clearly shows you were playing a group of either newbies or very low skilled players not even a fair match to judge any ship lol

i fly all ships and i have no problem taking clarions/imperium out, really dont get why some are struggling.

My GS eats them up, my scout couple of passes there dead, only thing i struggle against tthem with is a bomber.

I dont find any of the ships partucally over powered, each ship has its strength and weaknesses and clarion no different, might be tanky and has some good hits but slow and on a scout there nothing and ive seen other piolets say similar that are also really good in GSF.

it is a nice ship and very useful to have in ya ship list BUT come on that screen shot clearly shows you were playing a group of either newbies or very low skilled players not even a fair match to judge any ship lol

i fly all ships and i have no problem taking clarions/imperium out, really dont get why some are struggling.

My GS eats them up, my scout couple of passes there dead, only thing i struggle against tthem with is a bomber.

Rule #1 for how to not look like a forum idiot: READ BEFORE REPLYING.

Rule #1 for how to not look like a forum idiot: READ BEFORE REPLYING.

u call me idiot? your one saying clarion OP lol

as i put "it looked like a full team off either newbies or low skilled players" look at the numbers they were useless, one GOOD veteran in a full team off noobs can still put in better numbers than that.

So no i am not wrong in what i put.

if u thought that team u faced had veterans stay clear of red eclipse they would eat you alive coz that team were useless.

as i put "it looked like a full team off either newbies or low skilled players" look at the numbers they were useless, one GOOD veteran in a full team off noobs can still put in better numbers than that.

if u thought that team u faced had veterans stay clear of red eclipse they would eat you alive coz that team were useless.

For having been in the losing team... I just wish to say one thing. Stock Strike. I know very few 'good pilots' that can do 20-30k dmaage in a stock Gladiator against opponent with upgraded ships.... And in match like that I have the bad habit to focus the 'aces' on the other team. So.. try to kill a clarion with CP with standard HLC/RFL/conc. It's not that simple. Or try to run with 3 'aces' on your tail in a Gladiator with KT stock, QC stock and Turbo T3.

You claim we don't know what a vet is. But in my own opinion someone who can go against good pilot with near mastered ship in a stock ship is not that bad. Beside you says those number weren't impressive. Strike night. Everyone was flying Strike..... And when was the last time you saw a Strike out damage a CattleScout in a match (assuming equal skills)? Never.

Youu could also look on some of the pictures I added in the second post and you would clearly see that it is easily possible to survive a lot even against a strong team with several aces.

Of course Clarion is not OP, but I guarantee you that no team on Red Eclipse would eat Nem alive because I understand he is way better pilot than me and Clarion is a strong ship.

Youu could also look on some of the pictures I added in the second post and you would clearly see that it is easily possible to survive a lot even against a strong team with several aces.

Of course Clarion is not OP, but I guarantee you that no team on Red Eclipse would eat Nem alive because I understand he is way better pilot than me and Clarion is a strong ship.

bit about red eclipse squads ya totally right since theres no dedicated pvp guilds or what there is very few focus GSF so i totally agree there with you lol.

I do concede from your other pics. BUT all this is to me just another whine thread, only difference is the word gunship, bomber, scout been substituted for fighter. if you put all threads together dont think theres much that wouldnt get nerfed lol,

the problem i find in any pvp type in any game is there is way too much class A is OP, class B is underpowered so they nerf A back to nothing and B gets buffed to OP. People call for nerf for clarion, i too play clarion from time to time but i play mine like a support role and not as a tank type. when my guys getting some hammer i fly in repair them and offer some shields flying around them and offering odd bit figher support as stranglers head back to the main group, in this role there far from over powered but when the powers that be listen to the moaning it will get nerfed and maybe effect way i love playing mine.

IMO which is my opinion they are not over power and i have no problems killing them. rather face a clarion than trying to dislodge some bombers in a domination match lol

bit about red eclipse squads ya totally right since theres no dedicated pvp guilds or what there is very few focus GSF so i totally agree there with you lol.

I do concede from your other pics. BUT all this is to me just another whine thread, only difference is the word gunship, bomber, scout been substituted for fighter. if you put all threads together dont think theres much that wouldnt get nerfed lol,

the problem i find in any pvp type in any game is there is way too much class A is OP, class B is underpowered so they nerf A back to nothing and B gets buffed to OP. People call for nerf for clarion, i too play clarion from time to time but i play mine like a support role and not as a tank type. when my guys getting some hammer i fly in repair them and offer some shields flying around them and offering odd bit figher support as stranglers head back to the main group, in this role there far from over powered but when the powers that be listen to the moaning it will get nerfed and maybe effect way i love playing mine.

IMO which is my opinion they are not over power and i have no problems killing them. rather face a clarion than trying to dislodge some bombers in a domination match lol

Is this guy blind? Clarion is in no way OP - it'll be shredded to pieces if it gets caught by a CattleScout unloading 100% of its burst...

Yes, it might have good survivability, but burst will kill anyone - on the first volley or the second.

Holy goodness.

Ok mattyguy, lemme go over some stuffs:

1)- No one thinks the Clarion is OP

2)- No one wants it nerfed

3)- There's plenty of sarcasm in this thread

Don't bother Verain... They say you can't cure stupid... At least without going against the law.