Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can say this at least: starry-eyed anticipation to jump into SW:TOR has been lost by sitting on the sidelines watching others play.

So stop watching? Just wait for the email and go about your day otherwise. Seems like a simple enough solution to me anyway.

Again...

Are people really this idiotic?

The terms and conditions stated:

Early entry was based on a first come first serve model. Depending on WHEN YOU PAID for your order would determine WHEN YOU GET IN.

Also early access was stated to be only UP TO 5 days before the 20th.

So let me get this straight, you get told how it works (but chose to be ignorant and not read the T&C) they decide to open early access 2 DAYS EARLIER. You don't get in right away becasue you feel entitled with your whole $5 fee (that paid for exactly what you will be getting by the way) and you still complain??

Is it just me? Or are these people acting like self-entitiled children? I hate official forums for this very reason.

The sentence I underlined in the all mighty locked in stone T&C you've quoted has already been broken. Its pretty random from what I've seen, at least for the beginning waves. I've seen Jul, Aug, Sep and Nov people already accepted.

Edited by Danlo

Staggered launch is good for handling initial flood of players. But each "wave" every few hours and only 4 waves today doesn't seem right. Remember, early access is part of the promotinal offer, not a testing time. When new waves come out tommorow there will be people logging in from today and tommorow.. and so on for every next day. Eventually it will be just like after launch, everyone will be logging in/out.

I would understand 50k-100k per wave every hour, that is staggered launch.

4 waves today is just a specific selection, not a staggered preorder release.

1. Beta isn't enough to test servers.

2. Early Access is new beta.

3. I didn't pay for early access, I paid for pre order.

4. Bioware managed to invent new system to avoid queues, on servers.

5. Now you have to wait in queue for game activation.

6. New system apparently fails to provide eta.

7. Pre Ordering game doesn't grant you access to early access.

8. Pre Ordering game puts you in a queue that's been there for half a year.

9. Early Access is a Gift.

10. Bioware knows how many people are in queue, how many people they let in, what days those people were let in. however they're unable to provide ETA.

11. I was an idiot for trusting bioware.

I'm not pissede because I have to wait. I'm pissed because I wasn't informed I'll have to wait, and they don't want to tell me how long I might have to wait.

K, **** bioware and tor, gonna play something on my console, ain't gonna waste any more time on this game. I've lost all my faith in company, not because they've created a crappy game, but because they've scammed me with their marketing and they don't even care about giving me proper eta.

no, because early access was just a pre-order bonus, so you didn't pay for it, also it was advertised as "Up to 5 days early" in case you don't know what that means, that means you'll gain access anywhere between the 15th to the 19th of December, but since they decided to start 2 days earlier, you might even gain access before the dates of the 15th to the 19th.

When you offer a bonus to get people to pay extra money to you the bonus item forms part of the sales contract. In this case the item is a pre order of the game. So yes the monies paid for pre-ordering the game where paid both to reserve your copy and to receive your bonus item in this case early access.

As for "The up to 5 days early" statement that can equally be read as if you want to play the full 5 days or only one. When they changed the bonus item to 7 days it is still a bonus item that your pre order fee covers.

I registered my code on 07-23 and I'm in. Good luck guys.

7/24 here, I kept waiting for origin to update, they were out of stock after the 1st day. When they never update to 'in stock' I went someplace else.

Still waiting. It's been a quiet 4 hours :) /crosses fingers.

lol i bought this game yesterday and im in allready,

I think the date range statement is rubbish

That's whats i'm starting to think, there going by code redemption date, but also just throwing a couple of random invites as well

I've lost all faith in BioWare.. they've slit up the waves into minuscule numbers..

Ummm, if you recall, SWTOR set the record for most preorders over the initial weekend of preorder availability....so inviting everyone who preordered from 7-21 to 7-23 is NOT a minuscule number.

You were promised an *up to* 5 days early access. It is now 7 days before the game is released. And you feel cheated?!

well if you see 5 days will end (technically ) on DECEMBER 19

so they should harry up ...(they have till tomorrow)

smile and laugh to tttttt:(the face of danger hahahahaha