Ruins of Null Flashpoint (some spoilers inside) Feedback

ok. Tried this.

Trailer was excellent, but had nothing to do with the only "story" I saw in the flashpoint.

Newly 80th BH Tank Shield Spec, 318 gear.

1st part wasn't bad. Killed cat things with 50th level Lana & the red dude (empire side)

Then I had to look for something that if I hadn't looked on youtube I wouldn't have found the "keystones". They were not very easy to see.

Died first time but 2nd time managed to kill the thing with the doors and stuff. Did bonus mission with obilisks, then I climbing up stairs. (You guys that write these things are sadistic, you know that?)

Then comes Malgus. I don't even get a chance to talk to him, immediately he goes into kill mode on me. After getting smoked by him about 30-35 times I log out to my stronghold and give up. Yet another bad experience in this expansion.

So another flashpoints they have it tuned too high for story mode? Great........ They did this before and you would have thought they would learned their lesson. I expect it to be hard in hard mode but not in the story. Well since there is a problem I guess I will not be doing it for a bit.

Same happened to me.. all was going fine until I approached Malgus. He says something, I dont remember what, but doesn't even move, let alone hit me, then my screen goes black, and I'm back at area start point. This was on story mode, btw. Edited by lupegaru
additional information

Just attempted to go through this myself on story mode. First half was fine, the whole gauntlet of up the mountain with the hooks was obnoxious but I got past it.

Malgus. Okay, this has got to be a bug. Any and all AoE based attacks (relentless assault, ect, not the zippy back and forth tho) causes an instant auto-death and the explanation stated for death is falling damage. Not a damn thing I can do about it. Died at least 10 times within the first thirty seconds of the fight.

I'm done. I'm good for now. Will be cancelling sub until this gets fixed.

I'd go on a further rant but it'd be redundant at this point. The community has been very vocal about the shortcomings of this so-called expac thus far. I don't even blame the Dev's either, it's EA and upper management that I'm utterly furious with right now.

I actually went in this FP blind when I was pugging my Sorc for a Vet FP.

Half of the group had no previous experience. but most of it was fine except the climbing summit part, which was not fun at all for a pug group even after we've figured out what that was about after we wiped due to the huge aoe damage. Funny thing is, I was actually the first one who managed to get to the next check point.

The constant bombardment design is pretty meaningless. It serves no story purpose (didn't hear any NPC mentioned that in my Solo SM playthrough), only to give unnecessary pain. I can see a lot of wipes and rage quit in pug groups because of it. I don't look forward to get my Sniper through this part and I DREAD to heal it in MM. I would considering nerving the aoe damage at least in Vet mode.

Malgus fight was fine in SM and Vet mode. I encountered no bug, which is a thing I seen many players have mentioned and needed to be fixed asap. I still need to figure out how to predict Malgus's zooming trajectory if there's one. It dealt a lot of damage but if there's a way to predict it, it's no problem to avoid it.

Well, I guess I must be something special then. I did all of LoS and the Nul flashpoint on my Gunslinger in my regular 306 gear** and I had no significant problems. Just before logging in here I was thinking that at least there would be no complaints about the FP like there was with SoV.

I did appreciate that Malgus would be easier with a ranged character. My GS managed to keep damaging him while he "Flashed" around.

** I had gotten the 318 gear from the 'story', but comparing the stats between the basic 318 and my fully augmented 306, I figured I try it. I wasn't going to augment the 318 stuff when I think 320 is out there somewhere. 🙂

Did it on my Combat Sentinel main. with blue-Aug 306 gear

Folks were in chat giving status, so I started the fight from the south end of the disc just-incase to avoid the "pulled through the ground instakill". (Tau in healing mode)

Mechanics were alright, I need to figure out his rage stacking and lightning barrage better.

-The lightning barrage is what killed me first round towards the end

-2nd try I was more careful about not-letting him hit me with his special attacks, so he didn't build as much rage, and I popped a defensive for the lightning barrage at the end.

Edited by Night-runner

Just completed it rep side with my shadow. Man what a long FP this was, with way too much running around, not to mention that stealthing was all but useless.

Took some figuring out the mini boss, but once you figure it out, it's a breeze.

The part where you had to use the grappeling hook was tedious to say the least, and the bombardment felt meaningless.

I liked the general look of the flash point, but again it's one of those flashpoints that has too many forced fights, and it's just too long and sadly boring because of it.

The story part of the FP was ok.

Edited by Otowi

I did it today as part of the story. I heard that the bug can be avoided by putting Tau on tank, so I did that (I'm a shadow dd). It worked well.

I had to figure out, that when he was zipping around, you absolutely can not stand in his way - that killed me first time.

Rest was ok. The mobs were annoying - too much of them and again, stealth detection. Didn't like that in SoV or in the chapters. I play a stealther for a reason.

I know it's supposed to be hard and challenging, but this is way too much. Having to go all the way back to get the Keystones when I just came that way was an unnecessary hassle that should've been avoided. First, the Regnant and all those droids overwhelming us now the battle with Malgus. When at that "force" pulls you in at the beginning, you die and get sent back to the Medcenter that doesn't even kill you all the time. It is random when it kills you and when it doesn't. The worst of it was those rocks smashing into you and not getting out the way fast enough without a clear indication it would happen to try to prevent you from dying. It shouldn't have been a flashpoint in the first place. It should;ve been any other story like with Mannan where you can come and go as you please. Anyone know if the Flashpoint has a timer and resets itself after a certain period of time? I'm playing it right now and keep trying to defeat Malgus, but I keep getting frustrated getting killed over and over again. If I can take a long break from it and come back to where I am now, that would be perfect. Prefer not to do that nightmare all over again. Edited by OrionTi

I know it's supposed to be hard and challenging, but this is way too much. Having to go all the way back to get the Keystones when I just came that way was an unnecessary hassle that should've been avoided. First, the Regnant and all those droids overwhelming us now the battle with Malgus. When at that "force" pulls you in at the beginning, you die and get sent back to the Medcenter that doesn't even kill you all the time. It is random when it kills you and when it doesn't. The worst of it was those rocks smashing into you and not getting out the way fast enough without a clear indication it would happen to try to prevent you from dying. It shouldn't have been a flashpoint in the first place. It should;ve been any other story like with Mannan where you can come and go as you please. Anyone know if the Flashpoint has a timer and resets itself after a certain period of time? I'm playing it right now and keep trying to defeat Malgus, but I keep getting frustrated getting killed over and over again. If I can take a long break from it and come back to where I am now, that would be perfect. Prefer not to do that nightmare all over again.

There will be a dark red circle that shows Malgus is about to throw rock. Step away from the circle in time.

its like whoever designed this flashpoint said, ok lets take everything that would be considered "fun", and instead of doing that, lets do the exact opposite!

annoying bugs? check

running back the way you came just to find some clicky things that are not easily seen? check

instakill mechanics? check

geometry issues and being stuck with no way to interact or fight enemies? check

seriously, whoever designed this bug ridden trashcan needs to find a new line of work.

Ein ebenfalls gefrustetes Hallo in diese Runde! Habe gerade diesen FP abgebrochen, nachdem ich gefühlt 20x von Malgus direkt geplättet worden bin. Meist direkt zu Beginn des Kampfes, trotz 306er Gear incl. Aufwertungen. Hatte vorher bei den FP's mit meiner Söldnerin keine Probleme, aber der hier ist einfach nur nervig, frustig. Dieses dämliche hin und her Gerenne, ständig ist man unterwegs tot, weil man plötzlich unter den Felsen in der Luft hängt. Gegner werden angezeigt, man ist im Kampf, aber die sind nicht zu sehen. Vor allem hat man bei den Gegnern nicht das Gefühl, das man im SM ist. Also nichts mehr mit Story genießen... geht ja nicht, wenn man nicht weiter kommt... dafür noch mal ein ganz herzliches Danke schön :mad: an die Entwicker...

Reicht ja nicht, das man eh schon von den Änderungen und Zäh-Wie-Kaugummi-Eroberungspunkte-Sammeln genervt und enttäuscht ist....

Same happened to me.. all was going fine until I approached Malgus. He says something, I dont remember what, but doesn't even move, let alone hit me, then my screen goes black, and I'm back at area start point. This was on story mode, btw.

The same thing keeps happening to me! I don't know how hard it is to spot glitches during development, but post development... Come on guys!

Okay... This is getting beyond annoying. This is PATHETIC! This FP is practically unplayable with these glitches. I cannot defeat Malgus because of that death fall glitch. I can forgive the back tracking, I can forgive the glitchy floors (even though those can be easily fixed) but this... This is too much. EA, Bioware, you have a new priority one. Edited by IdonRyle

• 2 months later...
ok first time doing it, story mode. i encountered no bugs, so thats good thing. maybe they fixed it by now. but people complaining about being too hard (without bugs ofc) its just funny. like i was writing before, like in SoV and similar new stuff, its not supposed to be too easy. and I did malgus on 1st try, so its not that hard, even tho i used medpack and adrenal when i was low on hp. people need to stop expecting to just let comp do all the work. i still believe they shouldnt have nerfed SoV, it was just fine on release.

ok first time doing it, story mode. i encountered no bugs, so thats good thing. maybe they fixed it by now. but people complaining about being too hard (without bugs ofc) its just funny. like i was writing before, like in SoV and similar new stuff, its not supposed to be too easy. and I did malgus on 1st try, so its not that hard, even tho i used medpack and adrenal when i was low on hp. people need to stop expecting to just let comp do all the work. i still believe they shouldnt have nerfed SoV, it was just fine on release.

Agreed. I have had two instances recently where the three other players quit in VM (not because of bugged Malgus fight, but at start or during mountain climb) and finished solo, so it can definitely be done, but you can't just expect to stand in one place and only use attacks like some average gold mob in story content.