Are Findsmen Force-Sensitive?

EAFSAMWISE

Teras Kasi masters meditate and have honed reflexes and even some self-healing ability and they are not Force sensitive as far as the Emperor/Vader are concerned. The Guardians of the Whills also possess strong mental discipline and aren't overtly Force sensitive. Yet the Force exists in all living things, and (though some despised the film) Luke established in The Last Jedi that everyone has the potential to use the Force, not just the Jedi or the Sith. I think our in-game Lore suggests all Miralukans have some baseline increase in Force sensitivity above other humanoids just because of the species-wide congenital blindness, if the codex entry doesn't outright say so ... I'm not sure because I've actually never made a Miralukan.

Anyway, yes, I think the Gand Findsmen probably are Force sensitive, even if their culture don't necessarily recognize it. Just like in Voss culture, where Force-sensitives are trained to be prophets and healers, its possible Gand culture specifically guides Force-sensitives to become Findsmen, to the exclusion of developing other Force talents. I seem to recall early in the game's life that Yuun's weapon needed to have force power on it, but I may be mixing him up with another melee companion who used a techblade, and that bug has since been fixed. In any event, I guess it all depends on whether you think all space magic in Star Wars comes from the Force or not.

There's also the question that's not often discussed in SWTOR lore-exploration, the one about people who are sufficiently linked to the Force to be able to *feel* it, but not enough to *manipulate* it. It seems to me that a Findsman would fall into that category.

Or maybe it's nothing to do with the Force at all.

Yes, in both canon and legends Gand Findsmen are considered Force sensitive. There are a number of Force sensitive and Force using cultures in the galaxy that are neither Jedi nor Sith. Another thing to remember is that not everyone subscribes to the idea of, or uses the term, the Force. Just because they call it something else does not mean they are wrong.

Yes, in both canon and legends Gand Findsmen are considered Force sensitive. There are a number of Force sensitive and Force using cultures in the galaxy that are neither Jedi nor Sith. Another thing to remember is that not everyone subscribes to the idea of, or uses the term, the Force. Just because they call it something else does not mean they are wrong.

Citation needed

To the best of my knowledge, the earliest Findsmen in SW lore was in the X-wing books, where it's fairly clear that they were not Force sensitive. Due to Corran, Luke was well aware of the goings on in the squadron, and spent time with Ooryl in "I, Jedi" without ever suggesting Ooryl was FS, despite displaying his unusual talents.

Findsmen can see behind walls because it's a species trait of Gand, not a special power specific to Findsmen.

Findsmen imo are like what Jedi would be if they didn't have any obvious force abilities. They're like mystical cops. In this game i think the purpose of them, Yuun especially, is similar to how they depict Voss and Sith, they're an alternative version of Jedi. It would be interesting to see a storyline that explicitly connects that together but I think a lot of the playerbase hate Yuun [and woo mystic NPCs in general] so it's unlikely to happen.