Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I have seen no one talking about this, maybe it's not allowed, sorry...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
I have seen no one talking about this, maybe it's not allowed, sorry...

Joluka
11.27.2020 , 07:46 PM | #1
The Mandalorian spoilers below:

Spoiler
The Conrad Legacy

"I wasn't planning to live forever anyway. I'm in."

mike_carton
11.27.2020 , 08:25 PM | #2
This is more a general Star Wars topic, so it could go in Star Wars Discussion forum.
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.

jedimasterjac
11.27.2020 , 10:46 PM | #3
Naw, I'm pretty sure it'll just be old stone structures -- maybe sorta like Kaleth, certainly nothing like the temple itself in SWTOR.

The reference to Tython was basically the first thing that's excited me in this series, though.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.
Feel like I've said something good? Click my referral link for free goodies!

Tsillah
11.28.2020 , 06:23 AM | #4
Well, 3000+ years have passed between SWTOR and the Mandalorian. I would be interested to see how they dealt with that and kept some points of recognition for us.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

FlameYOL
11.28.2020 , 07:41 AM | #5
Spoiler
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

SteveTheCynic
11.28.2020 , 10:13 AM | #6
It might not even be the same part of Tython. After all, on every single planet we visit in any part of SWTOR, even Hoth and Tatooine, we see a *tiny* part of the planet. Planets is big.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

ronin_chi_lao
11.29.2020 , 12:34 AM | #7
Well the seeing stone they mentioned would have to be here in the game and there is something similar to that.
Also if it is the same stone it could have been moved too. So I would have to agree it could be in another location of the planet where there could have been another temple.
Your point was very insightful and I will
consider many options.
Callanthi
Raye
<Force Mystics> https://www.forcemystics.com/

eabevella
11.29.2020 , 01:23 AM | #8
I wonder if the seeing stone will be what's left over of the lightsaber forge in the game. It's on top of a hill.
I did yell "that's where I made my first lightsaber' when they mentioned Tython.

phalczen
11.29.2020 , 03:44 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
It might not even be the same part of Tython. After all, on every single planet we visit in any part of SWTOR, even Hoth and Tatooine, we see a *tiny* part of the planet. Planets is big.
Well, dune sea and jundland wastes and anchorhead are all located in game and traveled to in A New Hope. I actually agree with you that we see a fraction of most planets, but it seems odd that we just happen to be exploring, in game, the same region of Tatooine as in ANH. For what itís worth, the time it takes to drive a speeder from the Pit of Carkoon, to anchorhead, to jundland wastes, to dune sea... this was much longer in SWG, which of course is set thousands of years from this game. But I digress.

I mean itís possible, perhaps even highly likely, that the city Luke references is not the same Anchorhead as in game, or even the same Anchorhead as in the original KOTOR where Revan found HK-47. For example, there was an ancient city of Philadelphia which is located in modern day Turkey, and yet we have at least two cities named after it in the modern United States (in Pennsylvania and in Mississippi). So, itís possible that the city which was once a czerka outpost, then a major starport , then just a random medium sized city thousands of years later, isnít even in the same geographic location, thus explaining why it would take Luke hours to drive his speeder from the Lars homestead way out into the Jundland wastes looking for Old Ben, when it takes us just a few minutes to do the same.
If you would like to hear more of my thoughts, consider joining our guilds on Satele Shan, "Shock and Jawa" of the Republic and "Full Metal Jawa" of the Empire. Thank you for reading!

Fylimar
11.29.2020 , 05:13 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
SInce the jedi temple is mentioned specifically in the show, I guess, it will be the same area, we start in as jedis.
The Lovecraft Legacy

My Referral Link(free goodies): http://www.swtor.com/r/lhM5X3