IGN - KOTOR 3 is being developed.

Bluegoon

SWTOR will never rip for KOTOR 3 lol. In fact we been promised this so many times by now - I have honestly given up on it years ago, and yet the continuation of original games carried over within SWTOR and develops EU cannon trough it.

I personally believe this to be overhyped (as pretty much anything 2019-21) rumor/ subpar concept and KOTOR 3 doesn't have a place anymore.

Even if it's pulled somehow, the studio that is behind is in " veil of mystery" that doesn't exactly instill much of the confidence. Plus if it gets released people will continue to play SWTOR because it's SWTOR and offers different play space and experience.

Jedi Knight Fallen Order only succeed cause it was no completion for it and after the longest time finally decent Action oriented with okay story elements Jedi focused game (in reality once you get over honey moon phase and visuals, it's very bland and boring game)

But then again if there is KOTOR 3 out there in the end that could be good thing for SWTOR for another reason finally a competitor (especially worthy) that can provoke Bioware to be more creative and ambitious with future content of this game. - that's just a wish though, I believe in the end they will co-exist with one another, where most player chose to play both for different reasons.

Edited by Senteliks

SWTOR will never rip for KOTOR 3 lol. In fact we been promised this so many times by now - I have honestly given up on it years ago, and yet the continuation of original games carried over within SWTOR and develops EU cannon trough it.

I personally believe this to be overhyped (as pretty much anything 2019-21) rumor/ subpar concept and KOTOR 3 doesn't have a place anymore.

Even if it's pulled somehow, the studio that is behind is in " veil of mystery" that doesn't exactly instill much of the confidence. Plus if it gets released people will continue to play SWTOR because it's SWTOR and offers different play space and experience.

Jedi Knight Fallen Order only succeed cause it was no completion for it and after the longest time finally decent Action oriented with okay story elements Jedi focused game (in reality once you get over honey moon phase and visuals, it's very bland and boring game)

But then again if there is KOTOR 3 out there in the end that could be good thing for SWTOR for another reason finally a competitor (especially worthy) that can provoke Bioware to be more creative and ambitious with future content of this game. - that's just a wish though, I believe in the end they will co-exist with one another, where most player chose to play both for different reasons.

For starters, why would KOTOR III (ignore the fact that EA wouldn't release a sequel to a Legends game) a single-player game compete with SWTOR, an MMORPG:rak_02:

Nah, Jedi Fallen Order is pretty good. Definitely fall shorts on a few places (animal enemies that game are not well designed IMO, and the world design tries to be too many things at once instead of just focusing on what made Dark Souls maps great), but overall a pretty solid game and I can't wait to see a sequel be announced.

For starters, why would KOTOR III (ignore the fact that EA wouldn't release a sequel to a Legends game) a single-player game compete with SWTOR, an MMORPG:rak_02:

Nah, Jedi Fallen Order is pretty good. Definitely fall shorts on a few places (animal enemies that game are not well designed IMO, and the world design tries to be too many things at once instead of just focusing on what made Dark Souls maps great), but overall a pretty solid game and I can't wait to see a sequel be announced.

The fact you are asking this questions is silly by itself. I won't even bother commenting on that. It's not about "single-player". " mmo-rpg" and SWTOR was never about just being MMOrpg (nor no one mention KOTOR3 is going to be "single-player", likely not another MMO but it can be developed with persistent Online presence gameplay/elements)

And Jedi Knight Fallen order is pretty okay, far from pretty good - than again whatever really, you are entitled to your own opinion. It's just that we haven't had even single remotely good game in SW universe, which exhibits decent qualities and being able to wield around light-saber, since Jedi Academy

Anyhow, it doesn't matter whatever it's true or not,SWTOR will be where it always has been and continue to expand EU, where as KOTOR 3 if we ever get one, will either be re-imaging/rework or some standalone chapter which could be miss or hit, depending on how it's executed

Edited by Senteliks

The fact you are asking this questions is silly by itself. I won't even bother commenting on that. It's not about "single-player". " mmo-rpg" and SWTOR was never about just being MMOrpg (nor no one mention KOTOR3 is going to be "single-player", likely not another MMO but it can be developed with persistent Online presence gameplay/elements)

And Jedi Knight Fallen order is pretty okay, far from pretty good - than again whatever really, you are entitled to your own opinion. It's just that we haven't had even single remotely good game in SW universe, which exhibits decent qualities and being able to wield around light-saber, since Jedi Academy

Anyhow, it doesn't matter whatever it's true or not,SWTOR will be where it always has been and continue to expand EU, where as KOTOR 3 if we ever get one, will either be re-imaging/rework or some standalone chapter which could be miss or hit, depending on how it's executed

I'm silly for asking questions:rak_02:

Disagree, played Jedi Academy. Played Jedi Fallen Order, I'll take Fallen Order.

They won't release a sequel to a Legends game. The only reason SWTOR is ongoing is because of EA.

You're right about that. I did one play-through and on that I got 100% completion and all of the Achievements. I loved it. Then I tried to do another play-through but once I hit Bogano I almost immediately lost interest and stopped playing. I tried one more time when they let us wear the Inquisitor outfit and wield a red lightsaber but again, I stopped when I hit Bogano.

The game was great the first time but once you do everything there really is no replay value. I didn't have this issue with some other games, like Jedi Academy for example. I could play that game right now (for the hundredth time) and have a blast. In fact, when I get home from work today I might do just that.

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1353413820992000004

RIP SWTOR I guess, and I just bought a sub..

While I enjoyed KOTOR 1 and 2 they were never going to be competition for SWTOR as they are single player games and if KOTOR 3 is being done it is going to be another single player game and after you have played them twice (one for light and one for dark) that is it.

I like SWTOR due to the fact that are people I can play with when I want so that will never be any competition to SWTOR.

• 3 weeks later...
https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1353413820992000004

RIP SWTOR I guess, and I just bought a sub..

Don't lie, you bought the sub anyway just so you could post on these message boards.

SWTOR takes place 300 years after KOTOR 2, so KOTOR 3 will possibly be a direct sequel to KOTOR 2, 300 years ago and having no impact to SWTOR story.

If this rumor is even true.

Edited by Falensawino

SWTOR takes place 300 years after KOTOR 2, so KOTOR 3 will possibly be a direct sequel to KOTOR 2, 300 years ago and having no impact to SWTOR story.

Depends, it might stir the lore by contradicting something that's implied by SWTOR.

If this rumor is even true.

IGN isn't quite as blatantly click-bait as Kotaku, but it's still got a strong element of click-bait anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
no matter how much people keep insisting, using the rumour posts to feed their wishful thinking and create an atmosphere of "now it's confirmed" without the actuality of it, there's no official announcement of any Kotor 3 or any Old republic game being developed. It's all just rumours.

no matter how much people keep insisting, using the rumour posts to feed their wishful thinking and create an atmosphere of "now it's confirmed" without the actuality of it, there's no official announcement of any Kotor 3 or any Old republic game being developed. It's all just rumours.

Its rather annoying how these kind of rumors come around every few months in every year for the past few years.