Crew Skill Interface Glitchy

BornToFragHA

The crew skill interface drives me up a tree. I browse the missions right? Scrolling down via mouse and it randomly yanks back up. I need to quickly scroll down, frantically select the right mission and click it before the system yanks me back to the first crew mission.

The result? Pray to God that I clicked the right skill mission and I haven't sent my crew-member on the wrong one.

The bug comes and goes, sometimes only for one character, etc.

Fix it.

The yank-back-up thing is caused by several different things, of which the most annoying is the Krall's Accord tactical. Each time it changes which stat it is boosting, it glitches the Crew Skill Mission interface.

But then again, it's a pretty lame tactical anyway(1), whose only advantage is that there is no RNG involved in its acquisition.

(1) It spends time boosting stats you can't use, notably (for DPS / Heal characters) Absorb, Defense and Shield.

There are a few situations where I can reproduce this behaviour, but they all fall into roughly the same scenario - either my character is recovering energy/health from an out-of-combat heal, or a ticking heal-over-time, or a companion or other player is actively healing my character at the time.

Do you have anything like that happening, or any status buffs from equipment that would produce the same effect? If so, does unequipping that slot or deactivating the buff/HoT mitigate the issue?

(Edit, it might be better to post this one in the "General Discussion > Bug Reports" forum section. The Crew Skills section is predominantly a community-focussed area, which will see much less oversight for issues such as bug reports/issues).

Edited by Erevan_Kindelar

This will also happen if you are a gunslinger with the Cool Under Pressure utility, have a relic that triggers on ability use and are currently in cover. The healing itself doesn't reset the crew skill panel, but the healing might trigger your relic, and when you gain that buff (or lose it), the crew skill panel is reset back to the top.

It also triggers from the Ready for Anything (stealth detection) charges you get while in cover, but it stops happening after you get 30 charges, since your buffs are no longer being modified.

Edited by Urthal
Did some testing

It never occurred to me that it might be related to buffs/token. I tested it out and it seemed to have fixed it. Thank you all for your help, it'll save me a lot of migraines especially since I do professions in every MMORPG I play and do so in SWTOR too.