What's your Chiss Name?

Huroken

There's a thread about Chiss names futher down, I'm curious to know what people who have followed Chiss convention have chosen for their names and why??

My IA Chiss is called: Thosc

Full name is: Jarlat'hos'clien

This name doesnt use any "official" Chiss family or occupation names I'm aware of in SW Lore (decent list found here). Of course I could please any puritans by claiming a full name of Brast'hos'cspalla to match that list.

Why? Well I always use names from a list of about 75 I have from my Neverwinter Nigths days. Each name has a character to me from it's creation and I try to match that name with the character I wish to portray.

Of course the D&D world doesn't have anything close to Chiss naming convention so I took my Dark Elf Warlock, Jarlath Hosclien, and transformed his name. Incidently Hosclien is the name of my WoW Holy Paladin.

If you're wondering what the hell I'm talking about, here's some helpful resources:

Wookieepedia Entry

Understanding Chiss names

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

My Chiss responds pretty much solely as Veldarel, because most of his position in the military making him deal with humans extremely often. So, he's pretty much adopted it both for ease and to signify his dedication to the Empire.

His actual name is Shev'eldare'lith, but he doesn't want to take up too much time correcting pronunciation.

Female

Kryv'szella'varr

Szella

I've been doing some research, for some reason the female characters don't take the last letter of the first name and the first of the last one, they just use the "core name" as normal name. I don't know why though, and I think there's a female character that does as the male ones but I cannot recall her name.

Regards,

Erethrorn

My Chiss BH's full name is Cyn'tion'avi, but she goes by Tiona and almost nobody knows her full name. It was because she wanted the Ascendancy to leave her alone, but then Hoth happened...

They still don't know her full name, and she likes it that way.

Full name: Sham'Temp'Moro

Code name: The Hood

He mostly goes by his code name. He got it because he is usually seen wearing a hood, and thus most of his contacts began addressing him as such, seeing as how they never knew his real name.

Edited by JBFett

• 1 month later...

Full name: Sha'enra'tavas

Known as: Aenrata

Though I suppose that technically she's now Sha'enra'miurani, shortened to Aenrami, but most high level Chiss would have that occupation name.

Edited by Cattery

Name: Vetala

Full name: Ina'vetala'sabosen

She's female and tiiiny bits of Chiss culture we know about (bless you wookiepedia) indicate that females use only their core name.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chiss#Language_and_names

For example, Mitth'raw'nuruodo was Thrawn, Kres'ten'tarthi was Stent and Brast'alshi'barku was Talshib. The female officers Hess'irolia'nuruodo (Irolia) and Ina'ganet'nuruodo (Ganet) appear to be exceptions to this rule.

IAs name: Vriska

Full name: Sev'risk'aklaio

... danger may not be my middle name, but risk is. ha ha. :cool:

Does she have all her irons in the fire? ALL OF THEM?

On-topic: My agent's core (and game-displayed) name is Nilima, which I grabbed from Behind the Name — it's Sanskrit for "blue", which I figured was appropriate enough, on top of being both exotic and euphonious. I then expanded out from there to arrive at a full name of San'ilim'aress.