Do you ever wish "hide head slot" could be put on the action bar?

Macetheace

Or is it just me that sometimes wants to whip on my cap or hood for battle, then hide it in some conversations, without having to go into the outfit menu.

Or is there away you can place "hide head slot" on the action bar - i guess it's the closest thing we can come to lowering and raising hoods, but also works for other head pieces.

Or is there away you can place "hide head slot" on the action bar - i guess it's the closest thing we can come to lowering and raising hoods, but also works for other head pieces.

Hide Head Slot is entirely unrelated to lowering and raising hoods, in fact(1). Any effect it has on hoods is hide/show rather than lower/raise(2), and it is because the helmet underneath is marked as hiding hoods.

(1) There's currently no direct way to raise/lower your hood. Some of the recent sets have hood-up and hood-down versions of the chest, so you could set up two outfit tabs that differ only by that and switch between them.

(2) That is, when it's hidden, there's no "down" hood on your character's upper back.

Hide Head Slot is entirely unrelated to lowering and raising hoods, in fact(1). Any effect it has on hoods is hide/show rather than lower/raise(2), and it is because the helmet underneath is marked as hiding hoods.

(1) There's currently no direct way to raise/lower your hood. Some of the recent sets have hood-up and hood-down versions of the chest, so you could set up two outfit tabs that differ only by that and switch between them.

(2) That is, when it's hidden, there's no "down" hood on your character's upper back.

I have some head pieces that hide the hood, my version of lowering and raising is merely hiding or revealing head slot to gain the same effect.

You are being unnecessarily pedantic, and you know it. :)

This person simply wants to have an easy way of hiding/showing their hood/head piece, however they have their outfit arranged. You're making it seem like an unreasonable or an incorrect request. It's not. I'd like to do this to.

I’d change my Nautolan’s race the day they added hood toggles and made it hide the hoods attached to chest pieces too.

While we’re wishing for stuff, I’d like to be able to change my Nautolan’s eyepatch and tentacle leather bands colors. Just a simple switch from brown to black to go with some armors.

I have some head pieces that hide the hood, my version of lowering and raising is merely hiding or revealing head slot to gain the same effect.

Unless something changed (or you're using one of the few sets where the "helmet" is actually a hood), if you're seeing the hood appear and disappear, it's because you're hiding or showing (respectively) a helmet that (when it"s visible) hides your hood.

(If the hood appears when you ask to hide the head slot, it's a hood-hiding helmet - they only hide hoods when they are visible. It it appears when you ask to show the head slot, it's a hood-shaped helmet.)

Unless something changed (or you're using one of the few sets where the "helmet" is actually a hood), if you're seeing the hood appear and disappear, it's because you're hiding or showing (respectively) a helmet that (when it"s visible) hides your hood.

(If the hood appears when you ask to hide the head slot, it's a hood-hiding helmet - they only hide hoods when they are visible. It it appears when you ask to show the head slot, it's a hood-shaped helmet.)

A little head-hiding hood.

(I so wish this was mine, but your post made me snort so much, I read it to my OH and this was his. You have no idea how much it pains me that a) I didn't think of it myself and that b) I felt the need to put it in a response but was too honest claim it. I'm going to get drunk now.)

StevetheCynic, I tips my hat. Salute.

A hat, which, by the way, could be added to the hotkey list, for greater more immediate ease of RP-ness. And many of us play the game for the RP-ness.