Desktop Crash

Sazodeha

Sometimes, small updates (and/or bugs) in new game code can expose problems with older drivers. Make sure ALL your drivers are up to date.

It can also simply be co-incidental that your computer is overheating. Clean out the dust and make sure all fans are running properly.

Edited by JediQuaker

Sometimes, small updates (and/or bugs) in new game code can expose problems with older drivers. Make sure ALL your drivers are up to date.

It can also simply be co-incidental that your computer is overheating. Clean out the dust and make sure all fans are running properly.

All my drivers are up to date. that's always my first go too. I just crashed twice now and the frustrating part is there is no rhyme to reason. Its not any particular thing. sometimes its in PvE on various worlds doing various things and others its in GSF.

All my drivers are up to date. that's always my first go too. I just crashed twice now and the frustrating part is there is no rhyme to reason. Its not any particular thing. sometimes its in PvE on various worlds doing various things and others its in GSF.

What sort of computer is it - laptop, desktop?

Do you play other games - other than Solitaire et al - and does it crash then too?

Sometimes these issues are caused by simple things like a hard drive cable being loose or dirty, etc. Open the machine up, clean out the dust, make sure cooling fans are working, check various cables, etc, to make sure they're fully inserted.

Pull out the graphics card and plug it back in to make sure it's properly seated, etc.

This game really needs an optimization for today's latest hardware.

Try to remember this game runs on a highly modified 2008 version of a Beta copy of the Hero engine and uses DirectX 9c for its graphics rendering. All while using a Single CPU Core / Thread. In order to get the game to use more than one CPU Core / Thread, they MUST use 2 instances of the game running on your system simultaneously to achieve it. There is NO WAY this game could ever be Optimized for modern hardware. Not without a total rewrite and a new 64 bit engine using DirectX12.

Edited by denavin

What sort of computer is it - laptop, desktop?

Do you play other games - other than Solitaire et al - and does it crash then too?

Sometimes these issues are caused by simple things like a hard drive cable being loose or dirty, etc. Open the machine up, clean out the dust, make sure cooling fans are working, check various cables, etc, to make sure they're fully inserted.

Pull out the graphics card and plug it back in to make sure it's properly seated, etc.

Its a new build, so clean as a whistle. All drivers current. It wasnt crashing until the last few patches. I am just not sure where or why but its pretty frequent

11th Gen Intel® Core i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

32.0 GB

Soundblaster X3

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060

M2 Hard Drive and 4TB SSD

Try to remember this game runs on a highly modified 2008 version of a Beta copy of the Hero engine and uses DirectX 9c for its graphics rendering. All while using a Single CPU Core / Thread. In order to get the game to use more than one CPU Core / Thread, they MUST use 2 instances of the game running on your system simultaneously to achieve it. There is NO WAY this game could ever be Optimized for modern hardware. Not without a total rewrite and a new 64 bit engine using DirectX12.

Not this nonsense again. I've observed it carefully and:

* Back in the day the two instances would use (in total across the two) around 25% of a 8-core hyperthreaded CPU (16 logical CPUs), meaning at least four threads.

* It's divided into two instances because of memory limitations rather than because of threading.

Refusal: I don't want to hear any nonsense about how 32-bit programs can only use the first two cores. A single instance of a 32-bit program can use all of the cores and, in fact, all of the hyperthreads on all of the cores, if it is written to do so. (I've written (32-bit) programs to do exactly that!)

Its a new build, so clean as a whistle. All drivers current. It wasnt crashing until the last few patches. I am just not sure where or why but its pretty frequent

11th Gen Intel® Core i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

32.0 GB

Soundblaster X3

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060

M2 Hard Drive and 4TB SSD

Well, the general problem is that there's not a whole lot of people having the same complaint, which you'd expect if the game was the problem. So, it's more likely to be a problem with your machine, or some rare conflict with the game software.

Without being 'hands on', there's no way for me to suggest much.

Have you run any sort of monitoring app to check CPU and GPU temperatures?