Inherited a Guild - no idea how to run it - advice please :)

SophiaMarsden

I have somehow become GM of a small guild but have no idea how to run it as I am not a rich player, I am levelling up a character in slicing so she can get some credits for the guild but I am pretty sure that wont be enough but it's a start.

If anyone can offer me some advice on how to run a guild and expend it, it will be appreciated :)

Read first:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-guild-management/

Self-invites:

1. If you have another computer, create another email and use it to create a pref account.

1a. Invite an alt from the pref account into your guild (both computers running and logged on different accounts)

That way, you can always invite your toons into your guild at any time without having to wait for anyone else

Order of acquisition of things:

2. Invite 7 members (not accounts, members, they can be alts, and self-invites count) so there's 8 total

2a. Buy a guild bank on fleet

2b. Once you have your guild bank, you can now buy a stronghold and flagship

Maintaining control of your guild:

3. If there is any other account in your guild other than yours, you will lose leadership over your guild on the first minute of the 28th day that the guild leader toon fails to log in and then subsequently someone on another account does.

3a. You MUST log into the guild using the guild leader toon within 27 days or leadership passes to another toon, even if in your own account, if other toons log in.

Pref guilds

4. Failure to maintain your subscription means your guild will fall into pref-only status and lose many of its features and functionality, starting with guild ranks resetting to default.

4a. If you want your guild to remain fully functional, the guild leader toon must always have a subscription

4b. Should a guild with pref-only status get a leader who's a subscriber, it converts to subscriber again.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Thanks for the advice, realized I should have given more info.

So I am the 3rd GM as the other 2 became inactive somi inherited it.

The Guild already has a bank, flagship and SH but nothing is in them.

I am confused with what to do with the flagship plans, or have no idea how to get stuff to decorate the SH and flagship with.

As we are a very casual guild so I feel weird asking them to donate money to the guild but I cant fund it all myself.

If you need any more info just let me know.

I was thinking about looking for Alliance Guilds, as my guild was dying when I became GM and I have now invite more people but the guild has always been a casual guild. So I thought for when they may want to join ops or flashpoints etc they have a safe space to go to.

So my question is how can I go about this?