Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Ancient Hypergate should be removed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ancient Hypergate should be removed

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
06.23.2021 , 02:17 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Joaina View Post
I totally agree with you.
HG is pure fun, but Orbs should be removed because they just confuse most players. I saw healers bringing orbs, while our Team got stomped keeping the enemy node neutral.
Gotta love matches like that or when your team needs both nodes for any hope of winning and people are still running orbs and yelling at others to run orbs too instead of attacking the nodes to take them.

The problem is new players don’t understand map and game mechanics. The lack of strategy and tactics is missing because too many good players gave up playing objectives in all pvp maps and only concentrate on DMing.

But removing the orbs is not the answer here. The solution is to educate players how the maps work. And then for older or more experienced players teaching the newer players about strategy and tactics.

There is a good “how to pvp” link in my signature. Which is actually the sticky at the top of this pvp forum. Yes it’s old now. But the info is still 100% correct and it explains how the maps work and tactics and strategies. I would suggest everyone start pointing it out to players or linking the sticky in the game so newbie pvpers can learn how the basics work.

Removing mechanics is never the answer. It’s the same flawed logic that led to dumbing down the pve game to accomodate players with the lowest skill at the expense of the rest of the players. It won’t make pvp better it will just make the skills less.

And if clicking my signature link is too hard, here is a direct link to the guide on how the maps work : https://swtor-tryhard.github.io/pvpg...tml#toc-wz-ahg

sauerkraut's Avatar


sauerkraut
06.23.2021 , 02:30 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Joaina View Post
I totally agree with you.
HG is pure fun, but Orbs should be removed because they just confuse most players. I saw healers bringing orbs, while our Team got stomped keeping the enemy node neutral.
ROFL!!!!!!!!!! Wait, are you telling that the average player gets confused by the orbs? Unfortunately you are right.

DarkTergon's Avatar


DarkTergon
06.23.2021 , 10:40 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post

And if clicking my signature link is too hard, here is a direct link to the guide on how the maps work : https://swtor-tryhard.github.io/pvpg...tml#toc-wz-ahg
Had a AH earlier where the other team, just DM'd in mid, grabbing orbs, and stopping us, or so they thought, but twice we took both pylons, and won. I like objective based maps, because it gives casual players like myself something to do. I may not be a great one on one player, but I can hold a node till help arrives
Beware, my friends, as you pass by. As you are now, so once was I
As I'm now, so you must be. Prepare, my friends, to follow me

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”

CheesyEZ's Avatar


CheesyEZ
06.23.2021 , 11:06 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by collapsegen View Post
not gunna lie this actually made my head hurt lol well done. forcing a stealther to unstealth by bombarding the pylon lmao yes hel be stood back there like well now i gotta unstealth.
I gave up on this a long time ago (the crusade). the number of players who get sapped and then go off looking for the sapper or try to aoe while a teammate caps is just mind boggling. the way you draw out a stealth is to have as many players as possible attempt to cap as possible. he will white bar you and have to interrupt by fighting much faster.

collapsegen's Avatar


collapsegen
06.23.2021 , 12:07 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by riinarah View Post
Good trick to bypass this is use shroud of the shadow with shadow tank to make your resilience immune for the cap duration which forces them to exit stealth (or sometimes they keep trying to mezz you and you get the cap) Burn that stealth down and repeat. I know what you mean I do get you but I've encountered this before with multiple stealthers trying to prevent cap and yes if you bombard a pylon and kill enemies pretty fast you they cant just stand back. Many times I've seen a strong dps team take pylons with 2 or more stealthers guarding. And there is a delay when you die its not an instant "jump back into the fight" the doors delay to help with this, so your point about getting "back in no time" is completely wrong. Maybe you should just learn to combat it instead of moaning about a game mode which is quite popular among a lot of players.
and this is why i almost never post. you all agreeing how hard operatives are to kill in another thread but now suddenly git gud bruh you caneasy delete 3 before they get back and stop you capping. kden whatever

sauerkraut's Avatar


sauerkraut
06.23.2021 , 02:11 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by collapsegen View Post
and this is why i almost never post. you all agreeing how hard operatives are to kill in another thread but now suddenly git gud bruh you caneasy delete 3 before they get back and stop you capping. kden whatever
Don't blame the WZ. Most players are followers or just don't have the slightest f@#$%^ idea how the WZ works.
All they know is run mid and pew, pew, pew. It actually happens in every WZ. So the team with more brain wins. It called mind over matter.

collapsegen's Avatar


collapsegen
06.23.2021 , 02:31 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by sauerkraut View Post
Don't blame the WZ. Most players are followers or just don't have the slightest f@#$%^ idea how the WZ works.
All they know is run mid and pew, pew, pew. It actually happens in every WZ. So the team with more brain wins. It called mind over matter.
this is true for every warzone, it's obvious. but i see too many teams all getting trolled by 2 ops on their pylon never able to kill them both before one gets back and keep stopping the cap. it doesn't always happen but 2 who know what they are doing will consistently prevent a team from capping the whole warzone and do so with ease because 2 rolls, surrender, and holotraverse and their back in seconds. i had one yesterday where neither team capped for 2 rounds. that's what prompted this post. and killing wasn't an issue they were just getting back almost instantly Yes there are things you can do but explaining these sounds like a self-defense instructor telling me how to stop a specific attack that he tells you to do and therefore expects. i don't blame the warzone though. i blame power creep. not that any one class is overpowered or anything like that we just have way too many tools and CDs and damage is fairly low compared to previous expansions. this is why it should be taken out. there is no way to simply fix it. maybe reduce cap time? but then its too easy to sap-cap so i dont know. you are right in that everyone should defend and focus them but when does that ever happen? all i ever see is 2 or 3 people just get trolled for trying to play the objective in a way that inst possible in other Warzones. why do you think civil war no longer has a speeder to grass and snow? (yes it used to) its to stop that exact scenario

sauerkraut's Avatar


sauerkraut
06.23.2021 , 02:42 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by collapsegen View Post
this is true for every warzone, it's obvious. but i see too many teams all getting trolled by 2 ops on their pylon never able to kill them both before one gets back and keep stopping the cap. it doesn't always happen but 2 who know what they are doing will consistently prevent a team from capping the whole warzone and do so with ease because 2 rolls, surrender, and holotraverse and their back in seconds. i had one yesterday where neither team capped for 2 rounds. that's what prompted this post. and killing wasn't an issue they were just getting back almost instantly Yes there are things you can do but explaining these sounds like a self-defense instructor telling me how to stop a specific attack that he tells you to do and therefore expects. i don't blame the warzone though. i blame power creep. not that any one class is overpowered or anything like that we just have way too many tools and CDs and damage is fairly low compared to previous expansions. this is why it should be taken out. there is no way to simply fix it. maybe reduce cap time? but then its too easy to sap-cap so i dont know. you are right in that everyone should defend and focus them but when does that ever happen? all i ever see is 2 or 3 people just get trolled for trying to play the objective in a way that inst possible in other Warzones. why do you think civil war no longer has a speeder to grass and snow? (yes it used to) its to stop that exact scenario
You are absolutely right but that's not WZ issue. As someone pointed out in another post players don't seems to understand how AH works.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
06.23.2021 , 02:57 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by collapsegen View Post
and this is why i almost never post. you all agreeing how hard operatives are to kill in another thread but now suddenly git gud bruh you caneasy delete 3 before they get back and stop you capping. kden whatever
You don’t need to kill the operative to cap. You just need to force them into the open and stun them or disable them so another can cap. Which isn’t always easy in a pug group because others will white bar them or break a well timed cc.
That doesn’t mean it’s not possible or that people shouldn’t learn to get better with anticipating what tactics and strategy to use. And the only way that happens is to pass on that knowledge when situations present themselves.
That’s how I and many other long term players learnt to play better. We had others around us to pass on the knowledge or we tried and tested different tactics till we found ones that work.

collapsegen's Avatar


collapsegen
06.23.2021 , 04:48 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
You don’t need to kill the operative to cap. You just need to force them into the open and stun them or disable them so another can cap. Which isn’t always easy in a pug group because others will white bar them or break a well timed cc.
That doesn’t mean it’s not possible or that people shouldn’t learn to get better with anticipating what tactics and strategy to use. And the only way that happens is to pass on that knowledge when situations present themselves.
That’s how I and many other long-term players learned to play better. We had others around us to pass on the knowledge or we tried and tested different tactics till we found ones that work.
oh yes just CC the operative as soon as his teammate is dead, as long he isn't dotted, resolved, has no stun break, doesn't dodge the stun and your team actually has the CC and altogether doesn't break it. just like that! just teach your team, pass on that knowledge got it id love to know what this "disable" button is. never heard of that before. unless they added a silence to the game il assume you're referring to roots. you know they have ranged abilities right? and that's after you forced them out of stealth and id, love to know how you consistently do that oh and all this before his teammate gets back from spawn which takes about 4 seconds once the gate opens. i could go on but id just be repeating myself and from previous replies