Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

Its simple, It's YOUR fault for not preordering early they said like 3+ months ago they would let people in depending on when you pre-ordered. Did you seriously think you would pre-order in nov-dec and get in on day 1? They cannot let everyone in on day one because it would overload the servers. For you people complaining its obvious you have never played an MMO on launch or you'd know what would happen with ALL those people logging in at the same time.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone confirm they will give activation code with the email telling you your early access has started. It says I have no account on my login screen yet I put in a code in august that told me I was getting early access (CE). I am presuming you get a different code but would like people to confirm.

This thread is the most entertainment I've had all week.

I am totally baffled by the amount of people that are complaining that they have not been given access yet, just three hours into the BONUS early game access of the 13th vs. the 15th.

<goes to get more popcorn>

This. It truly is amazing and embarrassing how some of you are carrying on over all this.

Anyway, because there's so many people complaining everywhere i thought i'd post some info regarding UK Game CE pre-orders. I got an email on sunday saying they've shipped my copy so anyone else who ordered from them should be receiving there box tomorrow or thursday.

Haven't got my email regarding early access yet but will play Saints Row 3 some more till later. See you in game peeps :D

I don't understand why they can't be more specific. What will it destroy the game to let people know when to expect their game invite? Oh well. I ordered in Late September so I hope they pick me soon.

late september?? you may as well trade your lightsaber in for a walker. you'll be old and grey when you get in.

This so sounds like a BlackFriday at Wal-Mart. LoL Everyone wanting in. Ok they open the flood gates. Servers start to collapse you have 10,000 people in the start area and you can't get a kill to save your life. Yeah that would be so fun. Let it roll folks people will be able to play soon!

Right now it's just a crapshoot, the waves seem to be random because I know people who didn't preorder till last week after I did that got in during the first wave this morning. Totally luck of the draw, totally ********.

Bioware is the first company I've ever seen do a headstart like this, and the first wave of keys didn't even go out till 7:15 (really ? you're gonna be 15 minutes late on this day of all days). Anyway, I can bellyache all I want along with everyone else but it's not going to change anything, so go outside, or find something else to do and check back with the email periodically to see if anythings happened.

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

07.25.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order

Now which date are they going by? Please tell me the july. And its kinda lame that they say the 21st when in fact I ordered the collectors edition the first and only day it was available and think i missed one day bc i had to return to gamestop and yell at them for not giving me a code, which no one I know they gave one. Gamestop totally boned a lot of people for this game.

Stephen Reid has answered this on his twitter quite a few times. This shows up on a lot of or everyone's account (the 11/2/2011 date). He said it is something internal and means nothing to us at all and to ignore it. Sounds to me like something they were doing internally as they were preparing for early access to be launched. It's a mystery why this would show up on our accounts because all it has done is made people concerned/confused and resulted in a ton of inquiries, I'm sure.

:)

Bioware doesn't OWE any of us anything. As it has been stated several times by other players this is not a requirement of any kind. Lots of companies offer pre-orders for their games and most do not offer special early access to anyone. Bioware is most interested in making this game a success through making sure that the opening day is done in the most controlled way possible (while still trying to fit as many of us in as possible). I understand you lost an hour of sleep and took today off work. These folks have been creating a game for 2-3 years working everyday. Yes they have our money and from what I have seen in Beta they have earned it.

Just calm down and stop acting like a 6 year old. All of us want to play but I also plan to play a long time so Bioware's perfect launch today is important to me as well as it will help to solidify that this game isn't Star Trek Online, Conan, etc...

They have their top people working on this. TOP PEOPLE!

I fail to see how he was acting like a 6 year old.

Personally I agree with him, tiered early access is ridiculous. You are correct, early access is a gift, not a right. So if that's the case, then why should someone ordering a week earlier get a better gift? Put in the terms of a 6 year old, that's like saying you are a twin but you came out first and are therefore getting a bigger birthday present.

A tiered early access period will not by default mean an easier or better launch period. The only thing that a tiered early access period allows for is slightly less competition in the newbie areas.... which is an issue they CANNOT guarantee, because how many of the EAccess people are at work and unable to take advantage right now?

If they were so insistant on using a tiered entrance system, the least they could have done was to provide people with some advance warning regarding when they are getting in. You're right, they've been working for years on this game, but there are players out there that have been WAITING years for this game. Sending the emails out a few days in advance would have allowed their playerbase to take full advantage of the gift of EAccess without the waste of taking days off work when they can't even get in.

Early Access is not a gift, it's a promotional service that was promoted on the website.

People paid for it, paid for the game, and it's standard procedure to reward people who pre ordered the title.

In one of the interviews they said there's as much pre orders as there was beta testers during weekend. Well i haven't seen any queues or waves on beta weekend.

Sure i can understand people who pre ordered early to be patient and understanding.

However people who pre-ordered after beta, when they saw banner about up to 5 days early access.. well they're gonna get pissed if they won't get in on 15th.

Also, lack of proper information and details is simply insulting. There is no proper explenation about why the hell are there waves. Game went through stress test during beta weekend, they know how many people pre ordered. They should have enough data to know how and when people can access...

Early access isn't a friggin beta, it should be treated like a normal product, sure server overloads and crashes are something that can be expected but treating people like some test subjects and not providing proper eta and information is just an insult.

Sigh.

I just...I can't. I can't explain it to yet another person.

Can you just, like...internally, remind yourself that you are ignorant of the infrastructure rollout process and there just might be something you don't understand? Just maybe?

Even the TINIEST possibility that you shouldn't assume you know how this all works?

Are you capable of that?

Edited by freakuancy

Right now it's just a crapshoot, the waves seem to be random because I know people who didn't preorder till last week after I did that got in during the first wave this morning. Totally luck of the draw, totally ********.

Bioware is the first company I've ever seen do a headstart like this, and the first wave of keys didn't even go out till 7:15 (really ? you're gonna be 15 minutes late on this day of all days). Anyway, I can bellyache all I want along with everyone else but it's not going to change anything, so go outside, or find something else to do and check back with the email periodically to see if anythings happened.

Bioware is the first company to have an mmo with this many pre-orders. None come close.

This so sounds like a BlackFriday at Wal-Mart. LoL Everyone wanting in. Ok they open the flood gates. Servers start to collapse you have 10,000 people in the start area and you can't get a kill to save your life. Yeah that would be so fun. Let it roll folks people will be able to play soon!

LOL.. Love your analogy. I'm eyeballing that toaster on aisle 15, keep your paws off it.

Edited by Haburi