What happens Sith Acolytes who do not become apprenticed to a Sith Lord?

Sukhrajsgh

This is a question that has been going around in my mind.

What happens to the Sith Acolytes who pass their trials but are not selected to become apprentices by a Sith Lord or a Darth.

I mean Lana Beniko passed her trial but was never apprenticed to anyone, she was mentioned to have been stationed of Hoth for a while and later on she was eventually offered a posiiton by Darth Arkous to serve as his advsior.

Lord Scourge also never seemed to have had a Sith Master but rather was given a posting to squash uprisings against the Empire after he graduated from the Sith Academy. He was later ordered to return to Dromund Kass to serve under Darth Nyriss, a Dark Council member, to discover who was behind assassination attempts against her. He then served under her but she was never his master in the traditional Sith Master and Apprentice sense, rather he was her subordinate.

Darth Marr also seems to not have had a Sith Master, he graduated the Sith Academy joined the war and by his mid-late twenties he was a Dark Council member.

So I am guessing that not all Sith Acolytes who pass their trial become apprentices to a Sith Lord.

I'm guessing that Sith Lords who want an apprentice choose one from all the acolytes who pass their trial or if they want a specific apprentice they have the overseers send a selected batch of acolytes go through a trial they personally tailored made to sort out who they want.

One of the Codex entries stated that once an acolyte pass their trials they are considered Sith no more no less.

Some with talent for teaching are made Overseers.

I guessing the rest who are not selected to be apprenticed are just assigned to serve somewhere and have to work their way up the Sith and Military Hierarchy through talent alone.

Anyone can shed any further light on this issue?

They are assigned to serve elsewhere in the Empire. There's millions of Sith in the Empire (obviously less now after the many wars), and expecting every single one to become the personal apprentice of a Sith Lord is unrealistic, so they would likely be assigned to a sphere to serve in a capacity reflecting their skillset. Capable tacticians for the Sphere of Military Strategy or if they're very capable fighters and frontline commanders maybe to Military Offense under Krovos' pyramid of Military Command. Infiltrators and assassins to the Sphere of Sith Intelligence or maybe the Sphere of Mysteries, etc.

And some of them just become the NPCs that stand around on Corellia and other worlds that guard outposts and such, and are cannon-fodder for your Republic NPCs.

In other words, are thrown into the military-industrial complex meat-grinder that is the war between the Republic and the Sith Empire.

:D

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...

many became associates of a powerful sith lord, for example we can see darth baras and his entire power base hundreds of these sith who are not enough to be his personal apprentice and the same his master, many sith or lords who are not gives them the power or their feats to be considered worthy of being the personal apprentice

I guess they hope one day to be worthy of their master's attention

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...