Why Arcann and Senya must die for the good of the Story

Costello

• 3 years later...

The question is quite interesting, although I personally think that they should be eliminated. Both(although, if the game offered to give Senya 10-20 years of guardhouse, it would be preferable after all).

I played for the Hunter. A kind of maximally pragmatic psychotype, which even feels sorry for the plasma on extra corpses. And here is we meet Senya - a immediately warns, nourished German not worth it trust(although himself a, too, certainly deserves a hole in the skull, and not receives onuyu only because, that I too sentimental to upset Lana). She stated that it wants to help to eliminate(and we are talking about physical destruction) Arcana and Vailin. Okay, we welcome her, because allies are useful to us, throughout the story we communicate with her normally, without any ridicule or insulting views. And here realized KOTFE coming to an end, and we're going to storm the Arkann's mothership. We specifically ask Senya if she can psychologically kill her own daughter, to which She responds, saying, " No problem, Beldam will not happen again, I give my word." And so we put out Arcann and leave it a pile of rubble. And what is Senya doing there ? Of course he pulls out his son.

That is, we trust her more or less throughout the story, and then it turns out that throughout this time she lied to us, and then completely brazenly threw. Seriously, what the hell was she doing all this time ? The idea that "well, I'll lie to you, betray your trust, save the main scum of the galaxy, and then come to ask for help" - so what ? Seriously, if you think your son is worthy of salvation, why not discuss it with our OL in advance ? So and so, I try to capture Arcanna alive and let me talk. Seriously, Senya can only come down to explaining her actions under bombardment, and if you put pressure on her. Here is my opinion - with such associates and enemies the not need, and nor I, nor my Persian such podlyanok forgive simply not in able - if you gave word, should his keep.

With Arkann, everything is much more prosaic - remembering the billions of civilians, both Zakuulans and residents of the known galaxy, who died because of Arkann's crazy ideas, how to either forgive him or even judge him, it is not possible - any court will pass a death sentence. Mercy toward the guilty is treachery toward the innocent. And if the OL spared arkann at least somewhere, who in the Alliance would obey Him if the galaxy's chief scum didn't just get away with it, but was also given an officer's status ?

• 1 year later...

Old thread I know but I didn't want to start a new one for the same topic and content and I only just finished this for the first time ever on my first ever character. I know many of you have played for a long time.

But, I completely agree with the OP

Rubbish result, very much especially if you are Sith aligned.

There is no choice you can make that actually matters. The choice only affects who in your "alliance" gets pissed off at you. Big deal. In the game story you knew none of these characters '5 years prior in stasis' other than Theron and Lana.

There is no real connection with Senya, Arcann and Vaylin for me, they just get introduced into the storyline. And Valkorian is just someone you're forced to deal with.

You wake up one day from cryo stasis in a new empire, with a new emperor who has somehow managed to create a new empire which puts the Jedi Republic and Sith Empire COMBINED to shame all while neither faction even knowing this was happening under their noses. Barely believable, but OK, Ill play along. I enjoyed the game a lot up till now so lets give it some leeway.

So after 16 chapters you get to a point in the story where enough damage has been caused and your character has been through enough trials and met enough people that everyone in your team is over 200% is on board with getting rid of Arcann and Vaylin, this absolutely includes Senya in her speeches along the way after her first encounter with Vaylin.

You then get to that point finally in an epic battle where you finally bring Arcaan to his knees. The part of the cutscene where you stand there looking down at him after selecting to kill him off while the ship is being blown to bits around you is a literal eternity. Plenty of time to stick your sword through his head and then get out of the burning ship. But you stand there continuing looking at him like a muppet. Debris drops and suddenly you're separated.

I knew right there and then, never having played through before, exactly how this was going to pan out. The escape using the rubbish story writing trick. Its an oldie but a goodie.

Any choice to kill him off, is completely ineffective. So don't even bother. You have no choice. Doesn't matter what you select.

Then while you're separated, still staring at him, while even a force apprentice knows how to force leap, your character as a Jedi or Sith master by this point...just keeps staring. Seems odd.

A large hunk of ship drops on him and crushes him. Arcann, we find out soon after, still lives.

When you leave the buring ship then Mother dearest decides NOW is time to be a better mother and decides to take off with him. You then actually FOLLOW them in your shuttle after successfully getting out of the burning wreck. You expect if you wern't going to have an ability to kill them both off your character wouldn't even bother turning your ship around, but you do. You catch up, get another option to select to finish them off. Maybe this time my choice might have a real outcome. Nope.

So, nothing you select to finish the job actually matters. There is only one choice and it's already made for you.

On the other hand if you want him to live or even if you're slightly not sure then all your roads lead to your Rome. He lives, even if you select to kill him or both of them off. The 'good' option is the only one for all of us. The 'bad' option must be so bad that the stroy writers have deemed youre not allowed to have it.

In this chapter there is no story and no decision which really affects the final outcome other than the consolation prize of selecting ultimately the side remarks from your team members as to who likes you and who doesn't after that. But who cares. I never based my character around a popularity contest.

Piss poor story writing.

Edited by Brittie

You wake up one day from cryo stasis in a new empire, with a new emperor who has somehow managed to create a new empire which puts the Jedi Republic and Sith Empire COMBINED to shame all while neither faction even knowing this was happening under their noses. Barely believable, but OK, Ill play along. I enjoyed the game a lot up till now so lets give it some leeway.

You didn't pay as much attention to the story as you should have. *Valkorion*(1) built up Zakuul's Eternal Empire up well before your character begins the carbonite nap. Arcann's involvement *as*emperor* begins at almost the same moment as your stay in carbonite.

The original *person* called Valkorion wasn't anything to do with the Sith Emperor, but just a warlord in an early version of Zakuul (ref: KotET Chapter II, talking to Valkorion), appropriated centuries before the player's journey begins by Tenebrae / Vitiate, producing the composite entity I usually call TVV..

As for hiding an empire, well, galaxies is big, and there's plenty of room at cross-galaxy distances to hide an empire from another, especially if the said "other" is busy fighting a third "empire". Heck, the only reason the Zak forces knew where to find the Pubs and the Imps was because TVV was running both the Zak side and the Imp side...

(1) Don't forget that:

The person called Valkorion when you arrive in Wild Space is, in fact, Vitiate who is at that point the former Sith Emperor, and prior to being that, was just Tenebrae, the least of Dramath's children.

Spoiler for the follow-up story.

You get you're real choice in the next story. Arcann and Senya live or die, your choice.

My first character to play this was Jedi Knight who always chooses Light, so Arcann lived. Second character was Sith Warrior. He kills Senya and Arcann, to see how that pans out.

The rest of my characters all let Arcann live. I just don't want to have to fight the spirits of Arcann and Vaylin at the end.

I'm leaning to playing this again with my second group of 8 characters, but it will be awhile. If I do, I'm also leaning for all Empire characters and Smuggler/Trooper to kill Arcann. These Empire characters are more dark, and these Smuggler and Trooper don't have qualms with Dark choices when appropriate. I'm still uncertain for the Jedi. These second two aren't as pure as the first, but they still don't choose Dark. They can take the Neutral/Wise-Guy dialogue options instead of the Light. I can't yet console myself to having my Jedi choose a Dark option, but "from a certain point of view" I can see how the Game is Wrong to say not letting Senya save Arcann is a Dark thing. I'm not taking it off the table my second Jedi could take this option - their first and only Dark dialogue choice.

• 4 weeks later...
I wish Senya and Arcann are not a pack deal.

Most of my character will kill Arcann but keep Senya.

Same here, I love Senya but Arcann didn't deserve redemption imo. Still shocked there are some peope who actually romanced him lmao. Imagine romancing someone who actively slaughtered millions and tried to harm all your friends.

Same here, I love Senya but Arcann didn't deserve redemption imo. Still shocked there are some peope who actually romanced him lmao. Imagine romancing someone who actively slaughtered millions and tried to harm all your friends.

Parents love their kids and want to help them. (Well, they should.)

Senya would be a lousy parent if she shared your belief that her son deserved death over redemption. It's not even remotely surprising that Senya won't join someone who feels Arcaan shouldn't be redeemed simply because he "doesn't deserve it."

Edited by rashencyberspeed

It'd be a bit more tolerable if 1) Arcann wasn't constantly groveling and needy after I saved him and 2) I could customize him so his cybernetics don't appear and possibly I could give him different gear. It looks a bit weird that he's still dressed as an Emperor, was hoping to just give him a Jedi robe or something to show his redemption