Color Crystals

--Mamba--

I know there are probably tons of posts on color crystals but out of all the color crystals in the game that are found in cartel packs what is your favorite and out of these 4 which would you pick?

Orange Red (currently in my lightsaber atm)

Cyan Blue (some people love it others thinks it's weird)

Silver Blue (currently in my generator, looks ugly imo)

White Black (idk seems like a pretty decent color but dosen't seem like my color)

I have derelict purple, lime green, pink purple but I sold them because they were ugly :D

To be honest all my Jedi's have Derelict Purple in them, always been my favourite LS colour. My main has the standard purple.

Personally I never use any of the black core crystals, I know they appear in the Clone Wars etc etc but to me a LIGHT Sabre, should be primarily composed of...well light, so the black cores never appealed even though I own them all apart from the CE and Razr crystals in the interests of keeping a relatively full collection.

I own all the other cartel crystals too and have used them to some degree prior to the Derelict Purple coming out, I liked the Red-Orange and the Lime-Green, Silver-Blue is not too bad, but the Cyan and the Pink-Purple looked bloody awful lol. Just looked like someone had robbed a neon sign from their local night club and was running around waving it about lol.

I guess at the end of the day it all boils down to personal preference.

Derelict Purple is the best Cartel Crystal in my opnion. The color is not ugly for me, maybe even better than "normal" purple that I think is too bright (it seems to have a kind of thin magenta layer). My perfect purple would be something like this or like this (I swear there's a difference)

But the main reason is maybe because that's the only "normal" crystal (color around white core). Full white and Black doesn't count for me they're not normal they're "exceptionnal", they do not seem natural to the lore, but have an acceptable look.

White is the most acceptable but not my taste, and so is the second in my taste ranking.

Black is borderline acceptable as it start to tickle too much my physics knowledge (solid retractable blade that look like light and have some of its proprieties ? Okay... but a light emitting device which emits black, mmh ? Nah.) But still, it's my third, as it doesn't look so bad (not a real black, but rather a grey) and it's a big no for the other Cartel crstals.

Colored cored lightsabers do not belong to "my version" of SW. Some may look like the ones from old movies, especially cyan-blue and lime-green, but for me if it has this look by then, it was only due to technical limitations of FX.

So at the moment, no fourth or maybe Silver-Blue if I really have to choose one, because the color of the core of this one doesn't look colored unless you're looking closesly, and look a bit like Luke's first Lightsaber.

As a fourth, or third before black, maybe I would like some "full color" crystals (red-red, blue-blue, etc...) for blaster-type weapons. I don't remember in any movies of any blaster shots that were "cored". But they don't exisit (at the moment).

Edited by Altheran

Hmm, in the republic fleet everywhere I go, I see derelict purple and lime green, yet when I sold mines no one wanted it lol everyone went for the cyan blue yet, I still don't understand why people like derelict purple, you brought up a good point but what is the main reason for derelict purple being the "best"? I agree silver blue, and white black look bad, lime green really doesn't have too big of a difference to the regular green. How come people say cyan blue looks awful and bad? Its always between the cyan blue and the orange red that I can't decide which one to use, cyan blue imo looks pretty decent but that color does look a little weird but orange red looks a little well too orange lol people say I am holding a giant carrot :D Purple does not appeal to me except the purple black, green is definetly off my list and so is white as well as yellow. Are there ny "mystery" colors out there like seen from pictures but not in the game?

Rumor has it that Black-Cyan is coming out in patch 1.4 is that true?

Derelict Purple is the best Cartel Crystal in my opnion. The color is not ugly for me, maybe even better than "normal" purple that I think is too bright (it seems to have a kind of thin magenta layer). My perfect purple would be something like this or like this (I swear there's a difference)

Very slight difference, barely perceivable.

But the main reason is maybe because that's the only "normal" crystal (color around white core). Full white and Black doesn't count for me they're not normal they're "exceptionnal", they do not seem natural to the lore, but have an acceptable look.

White is the most acceptable but not my taste, and so is the second in my taste ranking.

Black is borderline acceptable as it start to tickle too much my physics knowledge (solid retractable blade that look like light and have some of its proprieties ? Okay... but a light emitting device which emits black, mmh ? Nah.) But still, it's my third, as it doesn't look so bad (not a real black, but rather a grey) and it's a big no for the other Cartel crstals.

There is such a thing as black light, although we can't see it, it was used in the episode of Big Bang Theory were Sheldon cleans Howards belt buckles. And although that is a comedy show it does actually exist.

As a fourth, or third before black, maybe I would like some "full color" crystals (red-red, blue-blue, etc...) for blaster-type weapons. I don't remember in any movies of any blaster shots that were "cored". But they don't exisit (at the moment).

There might have been in the comics and books.

Edited by AlexDougherty

There is such a thing as black light, although we can't see it, it was used in the episode of Big Bang Theory were Sheldon cleans Howards belt buckles. And although that is a comedy show it does actually exist.

This description is generally speaking about UV (UltraViolet), it is sometimes called "black light" because it can't be seen and that will not lighten a room, and also because the UV lighters tend to be in a dark violet. Having light radiations and rays that "look black", is simply impossible. Light is either colored, or invisible, not black. It's general misconception.

You'll see lasers that will do a red dot, a green dot, a blue dot, or not see-able dot, but no black dot (or you have a very strong laser that can't be seen that has burnt what you pointed).

Let's go back into StarWars. A lightsaber color, the "shroud" around the core, is likely to be pure light and not a mysterious matter like the core : when looking at movies and artworks with lightsabers touching each other, they do core-to-core. And more, they radiates their color on their surroundings, a blue lightsaber next to a wall will generate a blue spot on this wall. Now with a "black" lightsaber... It will radiate a black spot on the wall ? That's not supposed to ever be possible even with accepting the physics paradox of "blades made of light". It's another physics paradox.

And that's why I'm blocking on this one.

Edited by Altheran