Any Chance for non-rushed group content (ops, fps, uprisings etc.)?

Hi everyone,

I just returned to the game few days ago and I am kinda undecided whether I should continue with it or get back to single playing. I do love Swtor and I also enjoy the group content, but I detest any kind of rushing or content skipping. It doesnt matter whether I did the same fp already 100 times - I still do not like to rush. Now for me the big problem seems to be that everyone else likes to rush and nowadays it seems almost impossible to find players/groups that play in a completionist style.

I remember a couple of years ago, around 2015 or 2016, while still the majority were rushers, you could find a surprisingly big number of players that sometimes enjoyed it to go it slowly, doing bonus objectives etc. But I get the feeling that they almost disappeared. Additionally, I also noticed that most of the activities are limited to very few operations and fps (like Hammer Station). I like to do everything, not just doing one op or fp over and over again.

Is there any chance, or strategy to actually find players that like to play in a non-rushed way? Are there maybe specific guilds that focus on playing like that? I am really curious about that. Because if it is not possible anymore to play non-rushed, I don´t think that I will keep playing.

Any hint or advice is appreciated

Cheers

Well, I'd say you're basically out of luck. The number of people who want to take their time while doing the same flashpoints over and over again, is very small. About the only way you could do what you want would be to find a group of like minded people to play with. I doubt you'd ever find an entire Guild that does that, but it should be easy enough to find a small group within a guild (or w/e), to do so.

But another aspect of this is your use of the term 'rushing'. Yes, there are (annoying) people who want to 'rush' through everything, skipping as much as possible, skipping bonus bosses, agro'ing stuff, etc.

But, that's the other extreme. Normally, there develops a sort of unwritten method of doing particular flashpoints which falls somewhere in between - lots of trash is skipped, shortcuts are taken, etc, but things are not 'rushed'.

Think of it this way. You want to take the 'scenic' route. The rushers want to speed as fast as possible. The majority just want to take the normal highway and get where they're going.

For your own peace of mind I'd suggest you learn the 'normal' way of doing particular flashpoints and try to blend in. But don't be afraid to ask/suggest bonuses, etc.

Edited by JediQuaker

This is pretty wise advice - much appreciated. I am absolutely aware that, whenever you do something in/with a group (virtual or real life) you have to adapt, different from when you do your stuff alone. So your proposal is valid and I will try like that - asking whether bonus objectives will be done, maybe looking for like-minded people - with a bit of patience..and then see what happens.

Btw, you could advertise in general chat that you are looking for a 'full clear' or 'no rush group'. Once you get a group (or part of a group) together you can join Group Finder for the CQ points, etc. Edited by JediQuaker

• 2 weeks later...

I had a good example of this recently. GF popped with VM Esseles. Everyone 'spacebared' through the cutscenes, which was good.

But there was one player who kept rushing through mobs ahead of the rest of the group. There are a couple of spots in Esseles where you can run through mobs before they agro, etc, but it basically only works if everyone does it. Instead we ended up taking extra time to wait to use elevators while we were 'in combat' or, waiting for 1 or 2 players to kill what normally takes 4, etc, etc. Overall, it took extra time because of 'rushing'. 🙄

I had a good example of this recently. GF popped with VM Esseles. Everyone 'spacebared' through the cutscenes, which was good.

But there was one player who kept rushing through mobs ahead of the rest of the group. There are a couple of spots in Esseles where you can run through mobs before they agro, etc, but it basically only works if everyone does it. Instead we ended up taking extra time to wait to use elevators while we were 'in combat' or, waiting for 1 or 2 players to kill what normally takes 4, etc, etc. Overall, it took extra time because of 'rushing'. 🙄

Yes, this. I am all for efficient runs, but I too have been in a lot of runs lately where someone is leaving the current fight and starting the next (not the bunching you mention, just jumping ahead). I am not sure if they think it is faster overall but making the team slow run to the next mob while that players solos seems to take longer overall. My thought is it is a group, so play like a group, or run it solo.