Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PSA: Changes to Stronghold Titles Coming in 3.1.2 Tomorrow

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PSA: Changes to Stronghold Titles Coming in 3.1.2 Tomorrow
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Neoforcer
04.06.2015 , 11:27 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey PvPers,

Heads up on a change that some of you spotted as being in Game Update 3.2 on PTS, it is actually a part of 3.1.2 which is coming tomorrow. The change is around three Stronghold titles, which some players are using to move around Warzone Commendations in a way we did not intend. Here are the changes:

The following Stronghold Titles are now Bind on Pickup:
  • Stronghold Label: Imperial Sanctuary
  • Stronghold Label: Republic Sanctuary
  • Stronghold Label: Starfighter's Lounge
If you have any of these titles unbound, they will bind to you as of tomorrow.

Thanks!

-eric
Way to kill pvp Eric in case you have not noticed people want to move comms around this is a bad change kinda like the slot machine you guys are doing a great job at pissing off your pvp player base. Keep it up and pvp will be a ghost town.

ThorgrimLutgen
04.06.2015 , 11:28 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
Even if it initially was unintended, how do you justify the fix? I mean, what harm did it do? People still had to put in the work but instead of sending mods in legacy gear - and as an outcome have the shells spread out over several chars - it was now possible to keep things nice and tidy on the char the gear actually was intended for. It also solved the problem with some classes not using the same weapons cross-faction. I just don't get it, it's like you've set out to make life as miserable as possible for the PvP'ers. When was the last time you actually did something that benefitted us - or gave us some content for that matter? A lot of discoveries were the result of mistakes.
They want rid of us and our inferior pvp subs, I honestly believe that is blatantly true given their lack of interest in the only enjoyable part of this game.

The change does not really bother me that much, all my toons are PVP geared, but what this will actually do the already dwindling queues, is not acceptable.

georgemattson
04.06.2015 , 11:30 AM | #23
So... I'm kinda curious what exactly it is that we've done to you, Eric, to make you hate us so much? This feels like a big old middle finger shoved right in our face, saying "Screw you, you PvP losers. We hate you, now go away."

This isn't to the same scale as SOE's NGE from SWG, but this honestly comes across as you trying to follow the example of John Smedley.
...and I'm back. For the third time. Maybe the fourth. I've lost count. Leveling yet another Sentinel/Maruader, and I'll likely figure out what I'm doing in about a month or so, right before I quit again. Not sure if I'm subscribing again.

Arlon_Nabarlly
04.06.2015 , 11:33 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
You have no idea what an exploit is, or what it entails. Kindly go troll somewhere else, please.
I wasn't trolling, you go troll elsewhere.

Beltane
04.06.2015 , 11:34 AM | #25
I also don't see the point of the change.

Everyone still had to PVP to get the comms, we just had a nice, convenient way to gear up alts. This is no exploit, it's quality of life.

What exactly are geared characters supposed to use comms on?

Maybe a better question is, why is it intended for fresh 60s to be useless in PVP?

Neoforcer
04.06.2015 , 11:34 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by georgemattson View Post
So... I'm kinda curious what exactly it is that we've done to you, Eric, to make you hate us so much? This feels like a big old middle finger shoved right in our face, saying "Screw you, you PvP losers. We hate you, now go away."

This isn't to the same scale as SOE's NGE from SWG, but this honestly comes across as you trying to follow the example of John Smedley.
pretty much if they have not notice we hate the change with the 2 plus threads on pts. There just hating the pvp community as a hole. Comms should be legacy wide period and stop the dev stupidity. There out of touch with there own games and have no idea what there doing best thing that could happen to them is this game shuts down.

Darth_Wicked
04.06.2015 , 11:36 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
Troll harder.
Spoiler

Arlon_Nabarlly
04.06.2015 , 11:39 AM | #28
An exploit (from the English verb to exploit, meaning "using something to one’s own advantage") is a piece of software, a chunk of data, or a sequence of commands that takes advantage of a bug, glitch or vulnerability in order to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerized). Such behavior frequently includes things like gaining control of a computer system, allowing privilege escalation, or a denial-of-service attack.

This was people doing a sequence of commands to exploit a bug that has the unintended consequence of being able to move comms around from character to character. Back when Legacy gear was first implemented many people didn't swap their mods for fear that it would be considered an exploit, however they opted to leave it in place as an untended feature.

Joesixxpack
04.06.2015 , 11:40 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey PvPers
Why bother? Is anyone or anything affected, and who gives a ****?

I hadn't even heard of this but am glad some people got to improve their QOL for a while with the silly PVE-esque grind you guys insist on PVP having.

Darth_Wicked
04.06.2015 , 11:43 AM | #30
* snip *
An exploit, by definition, also entails doing something outside of its intended behavior, or at the very least, acquiring something unlawfully.

Such is not the case here. People were PvP'ing, as they regularly did. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING was acquired unlawfully, whether it was, gear comms or anything else.

Again, go troll somewhere else, please.

This right here...
Their taking out an exploit, be glad they aren't going after the people who used it.
Shows you have no interest in anything else really. Pitiful really.