PSA: Changes to Stronghold Titles Coming in 3.1.2 Tomorrow

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey PvPers,

Heads up on a change that some of you spotted as being in Game Update 3.2 on PTS, it is actually a part of 3.1.2 which is coming tomorrow. The change is around three Stronghold titles, which some players are using to move around Warzone Commendations in a way we did not intend. Here are the changes:

The following Stronghold Titles are now Bind on Pickup:

• Stronghold Label: Imperial Sanctuary
  • Stronghold Label: Republic Sanctuary
  • Stronghold Label: Starfighter's Lounge

If you have any of these titles unbound, they will bind to you as of tomorrow.

Thanks!

-eric

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"waves goodbye to doing much pvp"

Now I have no use to do much PVP. Great job Bioware. Way to kill the game.

That's the thing. You want people to only use coms on that toon for that toon, but when you hit lvl 60 you have none or not much 60 PVP gear to PVP at 60, which makes you not do well. I am not putting up with that. Plus, you get the people yelling at you that you have no or not much PVP gear on. Not worth the stress and the hassling. The Stronghold title did away with all that, and you don't seem to understand that. It made the game MORE ENJOYABLE.

The Stronghold title made it possible to DO MORE PVP at lower levels and use those coms for your level 60's so they can all have gear and you can actually play PVP at 60. But, you have now killed that, just like you kill almost everything FUN in this game. So, you will get LESS people PVPing now, I certainly wont be much. WZ coms are essentially useless again pre lvl 60.

Grinding PVP coms at lvl 60 with no or not much PVP gear on = Not fun.

Grinding PVP coms pre-lvl 60 to use to send to your lvl 60's = Fun and healthy for all PVP.

THIS CHANGE IS NOT HEALTHY FOR PVP, AT ANY LEVEL. :mad:

So enjoy longer queue times people. Bye Bye.

Edited by DarthVengeant

It's not that bad, learn what gear bolsters best, and use that.

I.e. Don't go in with all purple Rishi stuff because it bolsters terrible, I think the Makeb modded stuff gives you almost 40K health and 1900 something expertise. That's competitive. Game the bolster system a little for the week it takes to earn a set of standard Exumed PVP gear.

Lol, removing the only way to avoid being facerolled on a new level 60 due to the godawful bolster system that still hasn't been fixed. It's like plugging holes on a sinking ship. That, or mercilessly stabbing a dead body (wherein the body is PvP in this game).

I rarely play the game at the moment. Sure as hell not going to start playing regularly now.

Took you almost eight months to notice this, and to add insult to injury, you make a change that makes it IMPOSSIBLE for these titles to be sold on the GTN from hence forth.

You people are so out of touch it would be laughable if it wasn't actually tragic. :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

1. Who benefits of this change?

2. Are we back to buying and reselling pvp weapons with our eyes glued to timers?

3. Takes more effort and cash to buy gear that bolsters to 2018 expertize, now you remove the possibility to save some headaches especially for new players,

I've spent half mill credits just to swap around the mods in every slot

Edited by rollieFM

This is a really dumb change. What's the harm in allowing us to move comms between characters? Once you have full min/maxed dark reaver there's nothing to spend comms on. I have an infinite supply of medpacks from levelling all my toons. I've been moving around comms so that I could get a healer set of gear on my scoundrel (I usually dps) and a dps set of gear on my guardian (I usually tank). I don't see any problem with this. I've pvp'd to get the comms. It's just inconvenient to have the shell on the wrong toon and send the mods through legacy gear.... Then there's the fact that you clearly aren't that bothered by us having been able to do this. It's been over half a year (I think) that we've been able to do this. Why decrease our gearing QoL? And if you really do care that we've been using this exploit, then taking such a long amount of time to make the change is really s***.

Hey PvPers,

Heads up on a change that some of you spotted as being in Game Update 3.2 on PTS, it is actually a part of 3.1.2 which is coming tomorrow. The change is around three Stronghold titles, which some players are using to move around Warzone Commendations in a way we did not intend. Here are the changes:

Thanks!

-eric

Even if it initially was unintended, how do you justify the fix? I mean, what harm did it do? People still had to put in the work but instead of sending mods in legacy gear - and as an outcome have the shells spread out over several chars - it was now possible to keep things nice and tidy on the char the gear actually was intended for. It also solved the problem with some classes not using the same weapons cross-faction. I just don't get it, it's like you've set out to make life as miserable as possible for the PvP'ers. When was the last time you actually did something that benefitted us - or gave us some content for that matter? A lot of discoveries were the result of mistakes.

Whew!

For a moment, I thought they had completely forgotten about PvP. This proves they haven't.....

Well played, sir!

Edited by MidichIorian

Hey PvPers,

Thanks!

-eric

Way to kill pvp Eric in case you have not noticed people want to move comms around this is a bad change kinda like the slot machine you guys are doing a great job at pissing off your pvp player base. Keep it up and pvp will be a ghost town.

Even if it initially was unintended, how do you justify the fix? I mean, what harm did it do? People still had to put in the work but instead of sending mods in legacy gear - and as an outcome have the shells spread out over several chars - it was now possible to keep things nice and tidy on the char the gear actually was intended for. It also solved the problem with some classes not using the same weapons cross-faction. I just don't get it, it's like you've set out to make life as miserable as possible for the PvP'ers. When was the last time you actually did something that benefitted us - or gave us some content for that matter? A lot of discoveries were the result of mistakes.

They want rid of us and our inferior pvp subs, I honestly believe that is blatantly true given their lack of interest in the only enjoyable part of this game.

The change does not really bother me that much, all my toons are PVP geared, but what this will actually do the already dwindling queues, is not acceptable.

So... I'm kinda curious what exactly it is that we've done to you, Eric, to make you hate us so much? This feels like a big old middle finger shoved right in our face, saying "Screw you, you PvP losers. We hate you, now go away."

This isn't to the same scale as SOE's NGE from SWG, but this honestly comes across as you trying to follow the example of John Smedley.

I also don't see the point of the change.

Everyone still had to PVP to get the comms, we just had a nice, convenient way to gear up alts. This is no exploit, it's quality of life.

What exactly are geared characters supposed to use comms on?

Maybe a better question is, why is it intended for fresh 60s to be useless in PVP?