Do heroics trigger dialogue changes in the story?

Jagwar

I've seen posts about certain Flashpoints, and even side quests, that trigger dialogue later in the game to change. Are there any heroics that do this or are these safe to skip?

I have 1 character I am doing everything on each planet before progressing, but subsequent characters I'm trying to figure out what I can safely skip since I will have just did them on my main character. I don't want to miss story easter eggs though.

Actually yes. But I believe there are only 2 heroic missions that change anything, both on imperial side. There are 2 Sith that give heroic missions that you meet again later on.

You'll find Lord Malichose on Alderaan. He gives the mission "Shock Doctrine." Malichose is the Sith that's interrogating the captured Jedi with those 2 acolytes in the last imperial base before you reach the Panteer hideout. If you do this heroic he will recognize you when you meet him on Corellia. He is one of the many side quest givers in the imperial base where you meet Darth Decimus.

The other Sith is Lord Shaar who is on Belsavis. She gives the mission "Old Enemies." Shaar is at the Southern most imperial base on Belsavis, the first place you go to if you do the bonus series of side missions. You meet her again when you arrive on Mek-Sha during the Onslaught expansion. If you do her heroic she will remember you.

I believe those are the only 2 heroics that change anything at all. However, since heroics reset daily, you'll want to do these heroics the same day you reunite with these characters. So, if you're going to the last area on Corellia, you'll want to do that heroic on Alderaan first. And if you're about to go to Mek-Sha during Onslaught, you'll want to do that Belsavis heroic first. And just to be safe, I always talk to them to receive their missions instead of using the terminal on the planet. If you travel to every base that has a speeder and fast travel station you won't have much trouble finding them.

Edited by boosterexo

Oh, you have to do the heroic that same day? I didn't think the "flag" as having done it to alter the dialogue would also reset daily, good tip.

Yeah. I've done these heroics many times on all of my characters. But the first time I went to Mek-Sha, Shaar didn't recognize me. So I immediately went to Belsavis to do her heroic and then went back and the dialogue changed to "It's been ages since we worked together on Belsavis." It's kind of annoying but that's what you have to do if you want these characters to remember you.

Edited by boosterexo